A very special request for Cachers near Franschhoek

Massis87

This is a very long shot, but the only option I have since I live in Belgium.

My girlfriend recently went on holiday to SA, and also visited Franschhoek on her journey.

Somewhere along the main road in Franschhoek is a ("the" ?) tourist shop which sells all kinds of souvenirs.

One of the things they sell are champagne glasses of which the base is a glass-blown elephant.

My girlfriend brought 2 of these home (as she is slightly obsessed by elephants).

Being the handy guy that I am, I broke one of the glasses during their first use, so now I would REALLY REALLY like to provide her with a replacement.

The glass I'm looking for is NOT this one (these are VERY expensive):

Elephant-Champagne-Flute_AA95036C.jpg

it is basicly this

P10555485.jpg

but the underside of the "reservoir" is a small glass blown elephant.

if anyone here lives around the area and is able to send me one of these glasses (maybe provide me a picture before actually buying it?), I would be eternally gratefull and I will provide a decent compensation for your efforts!

Ps: I will try to upload a photo of the other glass ASAP.

Edited by Massis87

All the uses of a geocaching network. I am from Paarl, a neighbouring town. Not sure when I will be going that way, but if I do I will keep your request in mind. I am not familiar with the shop - perhaps a more detailed description of the shop might make it easier. We have Belgian neighbours - they are from Antwerp. They have guest cottages with lots of Belgian visitors, so who knows one might be able to organise a lift for the glass - just a lot of risk of breaking, as you have already found out.

PS: I do not go to Franschoek often, so if someone else can help sooner, please do.

Edited by the pooks

All the uses of a geocaching network. I am from Paarl, a neighbouring town. Not sure when I will be going that way, but if I do I will keep your request in mind. I am not familiar with the shop - perhaps a more detailed description of the shop might make it easier. We have Belgian neighbours - they are from Antwerp. They have guest cottages with lots of Belgian visitors, so who knows one might be able to organise a lift for the glass - just a lot of risk of breaking, as you have already found out.

PS: I do not go to Franschoek often, so if someone else can help sooner, please do.

thank you already for your efforts!

I've made a picture of the glass:

elephanti.jpg

as for the shop, this is all my gf remembers:

- its in the middle of Franschhoek, on the main road

- they also sell alot of wall-decoration carpets

- they might sell the glass in other shops aswell

- you come accross the shop in franschhoek when you move AWAY from the church.

I know it ain't much, but every bit helps I guess?

Edited by Massis87

Lets keep the forums to matters related Geocaching. If anyone can assist please PM the OP.

I'm sorry if this isn't allowed. If anyone cares to buy the glass, attach a TB to it and send it on a mission to me, that would be fine aswell :)

It would be even cooler!