County to County Caching Along A Route

TheCruisers!

Right now I enjoy finding one cache per county. Pretty much like the county challenge.

When you used to be able to see the caches in Google Earth, I was able to plot a route, and "Hand Pick" the caches that i wanted in the counties that I drove through. In Google Maps, it doesn't show the county lines.

Is there something that I'm missing and someone can point me to? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for your great help!!!

Chipper

Just spent some time doing the same thing. Armed with a road atlas and the GC.Com Google cache map I was able to plan a 4 day trip in a couple hours. With county lines on the map or with counties listed on the cache page it could have been done in minutes. On the other hand I've done a couple caches that were listed in the wrong state.. wonder how accurate a county listing would be.

I have seen the "county" colum in GSAK. But I can't figure out how to update that part. Can you tell me how?

thanks

chipper

If you download the caches along a route into GSAK, you can update them to include county information.

Not as quick as the old KML, but that's how I make sure I don't miss a county on my trips.

If you download the caches along a route into GSAK, you can update them to include county information.

Not as quick as the old KML, but that's how I make sure I don't miss a county on my trips.

Or you can simply load the same GPX file you have from GSAK into google earth.. . same as the KML.

I have seen the "county" colum in GSAK. But I can't figure out how to update that part. Can you tell me how?

thanks

chipper

Go to the GSAK forum and ask there. There are really a bunch of helpful people there, or check out the Help on the Load GPX/LOC/ZIP File screen. GSAK's help is really well done.

Owning a county zip code challenge I have found the most useful program is Delorme Street Atlas.

I had unfortunately put in the description that GE would be the final say and do not want to change it now however have found GE to have many errors in regards to counties and zip code boundries. probably not enough to make it a problem for most, but there none the less.