Custom signature swag for those not artistically gifted

I have looked around the forums but could find nothing for folks who have had custom swag made. I know there is a thread for hand made items that has the occasional professional job on it. I am hoping that folks will post pics and details about the swag they have had commissioned.

I am gonna start with my most recent project.

I just ordered custom dice with my signature turtle from a company called Chessex. The folks there were great they put me in touch with the guy who does the custom work (Joe) and we talked about styles. I could get my dice in just about any style on their site. As I was contemplating the project I noodled all over the site taking notes about different colors. I chose the Gemini line in blue-red w/gold, and blue-purple w/gold.

I sent them a couple graphics files on Friday and this morning had sample images to choose from.

DSCN4331.jpg

DSCN4332.jpg

The graphic with my Geocaching start was bad but he made some tweeks and got back to me in less than half an hour! Below is what I plan to go with.

DSCN4333.jpg

DSCN4334.jpg

Heh. I decided that for my my Caching exchanges, I would provide 6 dice (not as cool as Chessex dice, love them) and the instructions to a game called Farkle that is great family game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farkle

Maybe after enough time I might get some custom dice going but not now.

Already have a ton of Chessex dice for my Farkle games. Getting Chessex dice can be addicting!

Those dice are the coolest signature swag I have ever seen!

Thanks the price point for 500 was $0.42 each and shipping was $9.00 just about anywhere in the US

I have been thinking about this for quite some time having bookmarked a different custom dice site but when I saw Fireconvoy's and 3 Leaf Clover's examples in another thread that pushed me over the edge. I just really think the customer service with Chessex is great.

I was looking at having a badge made to look like my avitar, but it was rather costly. It was goint to cost about $100 for 10 or something like that.

by badge I am thinking patch right?

I looked at a patche embroidery site and you are right that ten will run you about 100 fully embroidered but at 500 of the sitinkers the price point drops to 0.53. When I get something the price per unit PPU

Those are some really cool dice! What are the odds of finding one in a cache near me?? :D

Ummm at the present time chances would not very good but there is a cacher operating out of Indiana by the handle of Fireconvoy that had some made up. I do want to go to the UP cause one of the other swag items I do have/drop has great representation in that area. I just can't mention the other item here.

I will be spending all summer this year in New Jersey

You could get a dice made up and start dropping some and maybe get others to join you.

Maybe for the remaining 5 sides, you can have text like : lamp post, guard rail, under rock, in shrub, pile of sticks :D

Edit : ye gods - the price is per side! forget about my suggestion.

I was gonna add it up for you but yep it would be ginormously expensive running around $1260.00 for 500 dice shippping would still be only around 9.00 and that is if the guy at Chessex wants to be nice he was talking about bumping the second face if two faces done to the next tier up .50.

You could get a group together to pitch in on the first five sides - lamp post, guard rail, under rock, in shrub, pile of sticks :) - the probably be able to negotiate a lower rate if Joe knows he is doing x thousand in different styles then just does the smaller batches of signature sides at the .42 cents. This sounds doable if you get five or so guys (more the merrier/cheaper) then you call them up. If I did that I would get the faces with nice simple pictograms instead of text.

I did talk to him about putting individual tracking numbers on dice and that is doable :D it would run you .42 for the first static side then you may repalce the 2 spot face with a design with the "Trackable at _________" and number between the pips. The problem is each dice would be done individually changing the number between engravings. So the second face with the number would be at the .50 or maybe even the .60 but you would have a geocoin for less than 3.00 PPU.

Heh. I decided that for my my Caching exchanges, I would provide 6 dice (not as cool as Chessex dice, love them) and the instructions to a game called Farkle that is great family game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farkle

Maybe after enough time I might get some custom dice going but not now.

Already have a ton of Chessex dice for my Farkle games. Getting Chessex dice can be addicting!

I was looking for a dice game for swag, and this would work great. I like Farkle. I think I will assemble some. Thanks for sharing.

I'll post pictures when I finish 'em but I have some nice machinery that makes pretty coins out of corian and wood. It'll do anything but these are the cheapest to make. My avatar and my title and maybe a geocache logo on the back. They'll start appearing in caches in a couple of months when I get to 100.

I was looking at having a badge made to look like my avitar, but it was rather costly. It was goint to cost about $100 for 10 or something like that.

I've made 2-1/4" pin buttons, and they cost about 25 cents each, not counting computer time or printing. The advantage in these is, there's no "setup fee", so I can make many different styles fast. I have no particular artistic ability. I often hand-sign (initial) each button before assembly, and if I wear a button to an event, I'll write the GC code on the back before placing it into a cache.

pins.jpg

I have a circle cutter, button making machine, and a box of button parts, from back when I once sold them (I haven't had to buy any new stuff in years). So it's just a matter of printing a sheet of designs.