DNF?

countrydirt

What is your percentage of DNF? We have only been out three times but our find percentage for traditional caches is dismal - about 25%. :D I suspect one cache was in a pack rat nest and I wasn't about to dig out all of the cactus! Virtual caches - we are 100%, but that is not that difficult - find what is described!

I am curious about other's experiences.

Historically (which, in my case, doesn't go very far) just above 10%, but currently I seem to be on an upward tick.

Oh, I logged a DNF on a virtual - CO asked for answers to 4 questions, I only found 3. CO took pity on me and allowed the find :D

Edited by Chrysalides

This question came up a few weeks ago and I think my DNF percentage was 21%

I aggregated the responses on that thread. Based on a small sample size of 8 or so responses the average worked out to just over 10%. The results are far from scientific because I have not idea how each respondent came up with their numbers, but it's probably a reasonable ballpark figure to target.

I just checked my logs. I've got 50 DNFs and 715 Finds. That doesn't count the DNS (Did Not Search) logs, which I post as Notes. So my DNFs are 6.5% of my total of DNFs + Finds, whatever that means to you.

I've logged multiple DNFs before finding some caches. For others, I've logged one DNF and never returned. Make of it what you will.

What is your percentage of DNF? We have only been out three times but our find percentage for traditional caches is dismal - about 25%. B) I suspect one cache was in a pack rat nest and I wasn't about to dig out all of the cactus! Virtual caches - we are 100%, but that is not that difficult - find what is described!

I am curious about other's experiences.

Over all I have a 33% rate :D . Some days it's more and some days there are not any. Of course I've been known to DNF an LPC when the cache is there :grin::P .