PPC waypoint projection?

Massis87

Since the only GPS I have for now (and probably will for some time) is a TOMTOM go 720, I can't do map projections.

I've recently discovered fizzycalc, which works great on my desktop. I used it and it was as exact as exact gets.

But obviously, I can't do this in the field.

So I'm looking for a mobile alternative that wil run on a Windows Mobile PDA (QTEK 9100) and will do so for free.

I know Cachemate can do it, but I use GSAK's html exports and spoilersync for all my info, so I really don't need all the other functionalities.

So basicly: does anyone know a free windows mobile tool which calculates new coordinates from a given coordinate, bearing and distance?

Since the only GPS I have for now (and probably will for some time) is a TOMTOM go 720, I can't do map projections.

I've recently discovered fizzycalc, which works great on my desktop. I used it and it was as exact as exact gets.

But obviously, I can't do this in the field.

So I'm looking for a mobile alternative that wil run on a Windows Mobile PDA (QTEK 9100) and will do so for free.

I know Cachemate can do it, but I use GSAK's html exports and spoilersync for all my info, so I really don't need all the other functionalities.

So basicly: does anyone know a free windows mobile tool which calculates new coordinates from a given coordinate, bearing and distance?

It's what you are looking for.....but it's in German! Might want to try Bablefish and see if you can understand it...

It's what you are looking for.....but it's in German! Might want to try Bablefish and see if you can understand it...

I'm belgian ;-) (Flemish to be exact), we understand/speak most languages ;) besides, my local dialect is half german...

THANK YOU!

PS: since this is an excel file, I - being a programmer - might be able to extract the used formula and pour it into a neat windows mobile application in English. Expect more news on this soon!

edit: hmz, it's not even locked. I'll upload a version in English tonight/in the next couple of days (after I test whether it's accurate)

Edited by Massis87

being the addict that I am (already!) I stumpled upon a geko 301 on Ebay for only €90 (shipping included).

For you americans, that's about $125 :D

So no more need for german excel files! :D

(ps: will still try and develop a FREE point projection program for those of you who don't have a gps that can do this)