cache within a cache

JamieMul

Hi All,

I have recently planted my first cache (Up the Creek - GC1RQZK) and I want to add some enhancements to it. Namely I want to put a note inside the Final Cache which points to 2 more caches that can be found on the way back to the car. What is the best way to do this? I mean does it become 3 separate caches or is it one multi cache? I have planned that the other 2 caches will have separate log books and swaps in them.

Cheers,

Jamie.

Edited by JamieMul

I've just had a look at 'Up the Creek' page - It reads like it's a really great cache! I've put it on my Watchlist to see what the FTF says about it. ;)

Now, these two other caches... Do you want the co-ordinates for them to be available only to someone who's made the effort to get Up the Creek cache? As you say that you'll be putting separate log books in the two extra caches, I presume that you mean you want them separately loggable to give two more smilies? If you do this by putting the two sets of co-ords in Up the Creek then the two new caches should be listed separately as ? (mystery/puzzle) caches.

[You could just put the co-ords for the other two cache in Up the Creek and tell people that you've hidden two separate 'extra' boxes on the return route so that they then become part of the whole Up the Creek multi-cache, but if you do it that way then although cachers may well search for them and sign the logs etc they won't get any 'credit' for doing so... other than the warm fuzzy glow of finding a couple more little boxes.]

Just my thoughts anyway - I hope your local cachers will enjoy your challenging cache.

MrsB ;)

I think the bonus caches are multi caches. You have to find the first to find the second. That you can opt out doesn't mean you can't log the first. There is no puzzle to figure out to find them. You just do the first cache, then you can find one or both of the bonus caches.

By the book a multi cache means find the first cache, then use the info gained at the first cache to find the second.

So you have a stand alone regular cache. And two bonus multi caches.

Then again, the puzzle is figuring out that you need to find the first cache to determin the location of the second.

So now that I've confused the issue I'll bow out.

Take a look at GCKEK3 and GCKEK3 for examples of Mystery caches that need you to visit previous caches to solve the puzzle. The puzzle can be as simple of as complicated as you like. Just a simple card saying "co-ords of GCxxxx are xxx.xxx.xxxx" will suffice.

Take a look at GCKEK3 and GCKEK3 for examples of Mystery caches that need you to visit previous caches to solve the puzzle. The puzzle can be as simple of as complicated as you like. Just a simple card saying "co-ords of GCxxxx are xxx.xxx.xxxx" will suffice.

Thanks for All your replies.

I have published the other 2 caches as mystery/puzzle caches. Simply finding "Up the Creek" will give the finder the required information to get to the other 2. I will see what the reviewers say soon!

Cheers,

Jamie.