CITO Bag Containers

...to use brand new pill bottles to hold empty plastic bags and a non-latex glove for trash pickup? In my profession I have access to literally tons of these, but since I'm so new to the hobby I don't want to do anything that might be frowned upon.

I would place one of these containers, labeled CITO, in each geocache that I leave and that I find (as long as it would fit) in order to promote the philosophy of geocaching.

Just want to know if it's okay.

Liz ;);)

...to use brand new pill bottles to hold empty plastic bags and a non-latex glove for trash pickup? In my profession I have access to literally tons of these, but since I'm so new to the hobby I don't want to do anything that might be frowned upon.

I would place one of these containers, labeled CITO, in each geocache that I leave and that I find (as long as it would fit) in order to promote the philosophy of geocaching.

Just want to know if it's okay.

Liz ;):D

I'm new to geocaching as well but as someone who's been following "trash out" way before he knew about "cache in" I think the gloves are a really brilliant idea.

It's perfectly OK. Some people use film cans, because they are easily obtainable. For you pill containers are easy. I'd frown if the pill containers were used and had prescription and personal info labels still on them, but the pill vials are fine as long as the bag and glove will fit inside. I saw a label someone made for a film can to label it as a CITO KIT.

It's perfectly OK. Some people use film cans, because they are easily obtainable. For you pill containers are easy. I'd frown if the pill containers were used and had prescription and personal info labels still on them, but the pill vials are fine as long as the bag and glove will fit inside. I saw a label someone made for a film can to label it as a CITO KIT.

I believe this is what you were talking about...

http://www.geocacher-u.com/resources/citolabels.pdf

I may just start doing this myself.