my brother passed away

twocruznfools

My brother passed away and while i was going through his things i found 2 travel bugs. I created an account in order to return them to their original owners. I have posted a comment on each of their pages letting them know that i have them and have also sent a message via email on here. Any other ideas? I would be happy to return them by US mail.

The travel bug numbers are TB8AD2 and TB3D77.

Thanks

Edited by twocruznfools

First sorry for your loss. I hope your family is doing OK.

Second. That is great that you found those. It is so cool to see TB come back into circulation after a long vacation. You may know someone who caches. Perhaps someone at work. I am sure that they would like to take them from you and get them back into a cache.

Finding another geocacher might be your best bet as it seems the two people that own those bugs are no longer caching. But having activity on their bugs might get them interested again.

Thanks again

Thanks for posting. That was very thoughtful of you considering the circumstances. Losing a loved one is never easy and I extend my sympathy.

Each travel bug has a link to the owner's e-mail address and account. After looking at these TBs it seems that one of the owners has been out of the game for several years and the last time the other logged in was nearly a year ago.

They likely have long ago forgotten about the travel bugs, but they both seem to have active e-mail accounts

and might get a kick out of the TBs resurfacing after a number of years.

Probably the easiest way to send them on their journey would be to put them in a local cache. There are probably hundreds in your area so finding one shouldn't be too hard. Or perhaps you might have a friend who geocaches and you can pass off the TBs to hiim.

First, my sympathies on your loss. It's never easy losing someone you love.

As to the TB, it appears that you may be in Southern California. I'd suggest posting a note in the southwest forums asking for help. I'm betting if you let people know what City and State you're in, someone will willingly meet you and take the TBs for you.

Thank you very much everyone for your wonderful kind words. I was up late last night looking at this geocaching and most likely will become hooked on it myself and send the two back out into the world. I'll give the owners a chance to respond but it looks like they won't due to the long absense on here. My brother was an amazing person, he always seemed to be discovering new and exciting things to do, i believe that this is something i need to try.