Can't send to GPS

Today for some reason I am unable to send the geocaches to my 60CSx.

I do as I have been doing. I connect both my Garmin Zumo and 60CSx and choose "send to gps" the box comes up and I send it to one then the other. The cache shows up on the Zumo but not the 60CSx???

I don't know what to do. I have been planning to start using GSAK but I'm new to this whole thing and was going to do a few more this way.

The 60CSx says the memory card is about half full (2GB card).

Any tips or suggestions?

I have the latest plugins from Garmin.

Thanks,

Steve

Today for some reason I am unable to send the geocaches to my 60CSx.

I do as I have been doing. I connect both my Garmin Zumo and 60CSx and choose "send to gps" the box comes up and I send it to one then the other. The cache shows up on the Zumo but not the 60CSx???

I don't know what to do. I have been planning to start using GSAK but I'm new to this whole thing and was going to do a few more this way.

Any tips or suggestions?

I have the latest plugins from Garmin.

Thanks,

Steve

You are probably loading caches too distant from your location to see them---they only show up for about 50 miles (guess)--try this--pick a cache from your menu--then hit menu and change reference--pan out to where you will be caching and hit enter--your caches in that area will now show up--

I thought I was having the same problem with my 60csx too. When I downloaded my PQ's to the gps three seperate queries for about 750 caches. When I would fire up the 60csx it would only show the closest 50 caches to your current location. As your location changes the cache list changes to the 50 closest. If you want to see how many and what is on your 60csx. Go to Mapsource or Easy GPS then upload your caches and you'll see what and how many on on the unit.

Two things came to my (feeble) mind.

1. Tha 60CSx can only hold a certain number of waypoints. I don't rember the number, but if you keep adding more, it will get full. Try deleting your older waypoints. (Caches)

2. I sometimes have to re-install the Garmin drivers. Don't know why, but I do. Then the computer and the 60CSx talk all nice nice and all is well.

PP

The weird thing is I only have about 20 or 30 caches on it. Also when I click "send to gps" it comes up as a device and the box says "file sent to gps". They have not come up by name either. This is a new unit and I'm a noob with no problems 'til now.

??

You aren't sending them to the memory card, are you?

I was reading another thread and happened upon a suggestion.

The poster said they couldn't not get all their caches to show and another replied suggesting to change the waypoints to display by name. That worked! I have 'em in there.

Now if I can just figure out how to them all into my Zumo.

Steve

Glad you got it to work. I guess it wasn't clear the way I phrased the same thing in post #4 when I said to search by Name.

The Zumo doesn't have a Geocaching mode, but after you send the waypoints to the Zumo, be sure to IMPORT them and then they will show up under your Favorites. The Favorites will show in order of distance from your current location, but all of them will display on the list.

Alternately (or in addition), you could load them as Custom POIs by getting Pocket Queries emailed to you.

Glad you got it to work. I guess it wasn't clear the way I phrased the same thing in post #4 when I said to search by Name.

The Zumo doesn't have a Geocaching mode, but after you send the waypoints to the Zumo, be sure to IMPORT them and then they will show up under your Favorites. The Favorites will show in order of distance from your current location, but all of them will display on the list.

Alternately (or in addition), you could load them as Custom POIs by getting Pocket Queries emailed to you.

Doing pocket quieries is how I got the 60CSx to work again.

They had been showing up no problem on the Zumo until I sent the large number by query. Now its seems to just display about 25 along with my other favorites?

I was importing them into favorites.

Thanks,

Steve

Two things came to my (feeble) mind.

1. Tha 60CSx can only hold a certain number of waypoints. I don't rember the number, but if you keep adding more, it will get full. Try deleting your older waypoints. (Caches)

2. I sometimes have to re-install the Garmin drivers. Don't know why, but I do. Then the computer and the 60CSx talk all nice nice and all is well.

PP

How do you delete older caches? I have the 60csx and it says caches full.

When I upload caches, does it save the ones I had on there before?

I am still using the original card that came with it. I just added streets to it for Texas.

I'm not sure if you have resolved this now, but I have a 60CSx and I tried for a couple of hours uploading a dozen caches in preparation for a trip away.

I thought it had broke!

I tried updating the Garmin Communicator and applied latest Garmin Software - still no new geocaches in the device.

I even tried GSAK - same problem.

The problem was actually the 60CSx!

When I selected FIND - GEOCACHE and saw 'None Found', I was blaming my PC. What I should have done is then pressed MENU - CHANGE REFERENCE and moved the pointer to the location on the map where the geocaches where.

Bingo! all my Caches that I had 'send to GPS' were listed!

I'm happy again!

Edited by VWJulia