How to change origin of a geocoin after adoption?

Turlutortue

Hi everyone, need a little help here.

I bought some coins from Spartacus, adoption went well and grabbed them this week.

I do not know how to change the origin of the coin, since I am not in Pensylvania but in Boisbriand, Canada.

Here is an example:

Templar geocoin

Thanks,

Jacqueline/Turlutortue

Edited by Turlutortue

I had the exact same problem with several of my adopted coins. On the trackable items page, there are three text boxes. The third one says Activate Coin or something. Put the tracking code into that one, and activate. It'll go through the whole process again, just like it was a brand new unactivated coin. ;)

Edited to add, you'll also need to recover the activation code from the original place (coincodes.com, or where ever. Depends on the coin).

Edited by Howlingmoon

I had the exact same problem with several of my adopted coins. On the trackable items page, there are three text boxes. The third one says Activate Coin or something. Put the tracking code into that one, and activate. It'll go through the whole process again, just like it was a brand new unactivated coin. ;)

Edited to add, you'll also need to recover the activation code from the original place (coincodes.com, or where ever. Depends on the coin).

Thanks, I'll try that ;)

You will need the activation code for the coin to activate it again to change it's origin. Spartacus may have it or you may have to retrieve from the vendour.... in the case of the Templar coin you'll have to go to www.geocoinshop.de.

Many hosting sites for activation codes do not allow for just anyone and everyone to access any coin's code so you may find a hurdle or two along the way.

You will need the activation code for the coin to activate it again to change it's origin. Spartacus may have it or you may have to retrieve from the vendour.... in the case of the Templar coin you'll have to go to www.geocoinshop.de.

Many hosting sites for activation codes do not allow for just anyone and everyone to access any coin's code so you may find a hurdle or two along the way.

I got 4 activation codes out of 8. Geocoinshop.de and oakcoins and some others sites activation failed. I wrote to geocoinshop.de for the templar and bulgarian, hope they reply.

I also sent a request to Spartacus but If he is like me there is no hope (I didn't save activation codes for all of them...at first). Now I do

I don't understand why you would want to change the origin. Yes, you are in another location, but you did not originally activate it. You adopted it from someone else who activated it. It is your coin, and you are free to do what you want, but I think it makes the coin more interesting to retain its history. Different strokes...

I don't understand why you would want to change the origin. Yes, you are in another location, but you did not originally activate it. You adopted it from someone else who activated it. It is your coin, and you are free to do what you want, but I think it makes the coin more interesting to retain its history. Different strokes...

I understand what you are saying, I am just not comfortable having another origin than my home when I own a coin. In the description of those coin I adopted, the original dates and origin will be there...as a reminder.

That said, I got the original activation codes from the coin sites.

Thanks to all of your help.

Jacqueline ;)