Garmin Etrex H on a Mac

I recently bought a third-party USB cable for my Garmin Etrex H, which I can get to work fine with my Windows XP, however I have a Mac laptop. I have tried downloading and installing the prolific drivers for the cable but I can't get it too work for the life of me.

Has anyone got their etrex H to work with their MACOS X?

Thanks

Douglasmcc

My camera cable works fine...

You know that the eTrex H has an RS-232 serial port and Macintosh doesn't? At one time Mac's had an RS-232-compatible variant of RS-422 serial ports, but Apple dumped them for USB with the introduction of the iMac. Given that, I would think you are mistaken about using your camera cable with an eTrex H. Maybe an eTrex HC as it uses a USB-A~USB Mini-B cable that is the same for many camera devices. Edited by coggins

I recently bought a third-party USB cable for my Garmin Etrex H, which I can get to work fine with my Windows XP, however I have a Mac laptop. I have tried downloading and installing the prolific drivers for the cable but I can't get it too work for the life of me.

Has anyone got their etrex H to work with their MACOS X?

Thanks

Douglasmcc

Im now having the same problem, I got a 2nd hand Etrex, found it had that serial end. Brought a USB to Serial convertor but still can't get it to work.

The driver disc that came with the convertor is tiny, i don't dare put it in the side of my iMac....

Have you had any luck yet?

Our new eTrex H arrived this morning ::excited:: and I have ordered a cable from Amazon that I'm hoping will do the trick for us. I usually use the Mac, but might well use Nicola's laptop for sending co-ords to the GPSr as that's the computer that's connected to a printer at the moment. If I do end up trying my new cable on the Mac, I'll add more to this thread.