I forgot to sign a logbook, will I get deleted?

LittleHelper

I accidentally found one in a tree stump, and my dog ran away, so I had to put it all back and chase him. This is the first time doing this so I dont know all the technicalities. Do you think that the owner will delete mine when they discover that my name is not in the book? It is a very interesting one cause of 'strange activity' in the area you can see it at GC1R5MA.

Probably not...most owners aren't that strict about matching it up 1 for 1. For those that are, if they delete your log, you could explain what happened and see if they'll let it stand or just go back and sign the log and then log your find online.

Ultimately, it's between you and the cache owner, so if you're worried, go ahead and drop them a note.

From reading some of the logs for this cache,It doesn't sound like one I'd go to at night :D .As of when I checked it out this morning,your log was still there.Maybe given the strange nature of this cache,the owner of it will be a little understanding to your situation.Unless,you are brave enough ( or just want to live on the edge ) to go and sign it.Just remember,the boogie man loves chicken...or so I've been told. :laughing:

From reading some of the logs for this cache,It doesn't sound like one I'd go to at night :D .As of when I checked it out this morning,your log was still there.Maybe given the strange nature of this cache,the owner of it will be a little understanding to your situation.Unless,you are brave enough ( or just want to live on the edge ) to go and sign it.Just remember,the boogie man loves chicken...or so I've been told. :laughing:
Reading the logs, it sounds like a liar's cache to me. :laughing:

your log might get deleted. a note to the owner might prevent that, provided you can convince him that you really did find the cache.

the owner could be really fussy, or the owner could be relaxed. they come in both flavors.

If I were the cache owner I would likely delete the "find" if the log wasn't signed. Then again, if there were some mitigating circumstance I might let it stand. For example, if you send me a photo with the cache covered in ants, I'd let your "found it" stand. :laughing:

This brings up the question.... How many cache owners really go out to their caches and check the logs? Granted some maintenance is probably needed every so often, especially if the log book is full or some other weather related damage, but I really wonder how often owners visit their own caches, certainly not weekly and probably not even monthly. Am I wrong?

This brings up the question.... How many cache owners really go out to their caches and check the logs? Granted some maintenance is probably needed every so often, especially if the log book is full or some other weather related damage, but I really wonder how often owners visit their own caches, certainly not weekly and probably not even monthly. Am I wrong?

When I do cache maintenance I pull the log and scan it into my computer. I then post the picture to the cache page. I don't necessarily check every signature but if someone has a habit of not signing everyone will be able to see that.

I usually have to check my caches once within the first week or so. If it is a nano then I pull the log after I see about 20 found it logs. When I post my maintenance log and post the picture then I can tell about how often before I have to replace it. Bigger caches can go longer unless I get an email or see a log mentioning problems with the cache.

Oh Wow, What a coincidence, I am the cache owner.. and yes it is in another thread, but lets leave that a mystery for the fun of others.

Dont worry about it, if it is your first one, and they way it looks, like you could have some truth about a dog finding it. Now if you had like 100 found then I'd have to have you go back and find it.

Oh Wow, What a coincidence, I am the cache owner.. and yes it is in another thread, but lets leave that a mystery for the fun of others.

Dont worry about it, if it is your first one, and they way it looks, like you could have some truth about a dog finding it. Now if you had like 100 found then I'd have to have you go back and find it.

It's nice to see a CO with this attitude. Since this is the finder first cache there are lots of others to be found and they can always go back sometime in the future to sign the log.

The simple requirement is that you sign and date the log in the cache container for credit....Now that isn't to complicated to understand. All you do is go back, sign and date the logbook. duh... In stead of spending this time on the forum, you could be caching and getting that experience and having fun.

The simple requirement is that you sign and date the log in the cache container for credit....Now that isn't to complicated to understand. All you do is go back, sign and date the logbook. duh... In stead of spending this time on the forum, you could be caching and getting that experience and having fun.

...and thank you for taking time out of your busy day to correct the cache owner and finder, who naively thought it was up to them to settle the issue on their own... ;)

I do not have a lot of placed caches, but I do not check logs against online logging. My feelings are that if a cacher is cheating that way the only one they are cheating is themselves, so why do I care.

Scubasonic