In Memorium coin

jAY miLLS

I have a nice coin idea but lack the skills and the means to bring it to fruition. The coin would be a general "In Memorium" coin with no leaning toward a specific religion, animal or person. This coin could be used for any loss and/or memory of a pet, relative, friend, or even a group of people i.e. 9/11. The specifics of the entity to be honored could be put on the coins page.

Anyway, I believe a coin like this would sell well as we all have endured a loss or two and this would be a nice tribute. It could easily be re-minted as needed which would make it a good stock item if a vendor would be interested in the idea (hint hint). I know for myself I would purchase a few to honor several special people in my life that I have lost over the years.

As for the design, I don't have a clue but I think something simple would be good but will leave that to those who possess those skills.

Would anyone else be interested in seeing a coin like this made?

Peace

Edited by jAY miLLS
I have a nice coin idea but lack the skills and the means to bring it to fruition. The coin would be a general "In Memorium" coin with no leaning toward a specific religion, animal or person. This coin could be used for any loss and/or memory of a pet, relative, friend, or even a group of people i.e. 9/11. The specifics of the entity to be honored could be put on the coins page.

Anyway I believe a coin like this would sell well as we all have endured a loss or two and this would be a nice tribute. It could easily be reminted as needed which would make it a good stock item if a vendor woudl be interested. I know for myself I would purchase a few to honor a several special people in my life that I have lost over the years.

As for the design, I don't have a clue but I think someting simple woudl be good but woul leave that to those who possess those skills.

Peace

Defenitly our friend, the way everything is been lately so many people are having tought times in general and life and not to mention loved ones that are greatly missed. there is so many things to honor. :lol: We could see this being a big hit and love to see something like this brought to life.Nice suggestion Jay.

Edited by sweetlife

This would be a great idea. Here's something I came up for part of the design on one side. You could have it say "In memory of." Below that you could have a blank area that is etchable. That way each coin can be customized. Let's say someone wanted to remember a group of victims. The coin could say "in memory of flight 447" with flight 447 being etched after the purchase.

Anyway, I believe a coin like this would sell well as we all have endured a loss or two and this would be a nice tribute. It could easily be re-minted as needed which would make it a good stock item if a vendor would be interested in the idea (hint hint). I know for myself I would purchase a few to honor several special people in my life that I have lost over the years.

As for the design, I don't have a clue but I think something simple would be good but will leave that to those who possess those skills.

Peace

I had actually thought of something along these lines before as well and think it is a great idea. I even thought of n idea of what the coin should be and look like and think that it would be pricey but well worth it to many if done right.

5c1b7308-ebb0-43ea-98b6-d56db4b81141.jpg

look closely and you see where the wings open on the locket to either add a photo of inscription of ones choice. I also thought the necklace idea was nice, but not required and could be optional.

I guess the big question is it too pricey to produce?

Peace

I had actually thought of something along these lines before as well and think it is a great idea. I even thought of n idea of what the coin should be and look like and think that it would be pricey but well worth it to many if done right.

5c1b7308-ebb0-43ea-98b6-d56db4b81141.jpg

look closely and you see where the wings open on the locket to either add a photo of inscription of ones choice. I also thought the necklace idea was nice, but not required and could be optional.

I guess the big question is it too pricey to produce? WOW.....WOW......WOW......now that is just Incredably Beautiful and Stunning, I would deff. be interested in seeing this come aliveI can see ourselves buying a couple of these for sure. By the way did you receive our email we sent you?

I hope a vendor(s) picks this idea up. I believe this coin would be in great demand and sell well as I mentioned earlier. If I could I would do this myself but I am a lowly non-profit employee who can not afford to fund this project on my meager income. I hope someone picks up this idea and makes it a reality.

Peace

I hope a vendor(s) picks this idea up. I believe this coin would be in great demand and sell well as I mentioned earlier. If I could I would do this myself but I am a lowly non-profit employee who can not afford to fund this project on my meager income. I hope someone picks up this idea and makes it a reality.

Peace

They have. LillySue has done a coin called the Remembrance Coin. I can't link to it, because it doesn't have a page of its own, and you just go to the home page. But if you visit their site, you will see that they've done a great job with it.