Post your first Geocaching log

It was my half-birthday, and I didn't know it but I was only 13 days away from having a baby (he came early). I didn't have a GPSr but I did have google maps and and intimate knowledge of the area. I was SO bored and a little curious about the sport, so I signed up, logged in and went out. It was pretty awesome.

Illinois Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Butterfly Fox found Field of Dreams (Hide it and they will come) (Traditional Cache)

My first ever find. I live right across the street. Nothing to take, but I left a pair of earrings hand-made by me. And signed the log of course.

This was officially my first cache ever found, and for that, I thank you . Interesting point about this though... I do not yet own a GPS system. I discovered this cache was close to my workplace, so I attempted to locate it by having a half-hour prior looked at the zoomed-in "mapquest" map located through this geocaching.com page. So yeah... yay for caching without a GPS . Nice and easy to find for my first hunt :}

Left: Chainmail "Tetra Orb" (see my profile) and a logbook entry.

Took: Plastic skull ring (to be kept as a memento of my first cache).

Ahh, back in the day when my logs were short.

Thank you for a very enjoyable first ever geocache for me. I just heard about geocaching today and so I picked up an affordable GPSr and went looking for the cache nearest me. Thought I was going to have to go home without finding it for a minute there but I got 'er.

Took a Cowbell keychain. Left a wooden bead necklace.

This is fun.

Here is my first log - only 2 days ago ;)

August 17 by MagicallyAdept (3 found)

Decided to use this evening to find my first cache. Left it a bit late in the day as I have just got back home and it is 9pm! It was very dark when I found it even though the sun was just setting as the canopy is pretty thick in the middle of Summer. Used my new Samsung phone and found GZ after a few minutes despite wearing shorts and flip-flops. The few stings were worth it as the cache is huge! Sadly it wasn't in the greatest condition. There were only a few sticks sitting on top of the box, which rises about 4 inches from the ground so is very obvious when you look at it. There is an inch of water at the bottom and the books are very damp but the woodlice seemed happy. The pencil is snapped in half so I had to break some wood off to sign the log book. I took 'Dellbouys Cache Counter Geocoin' and 'Kendra's Groovin' GeoGuitar' (should I have taken two??) but left the other guitar geocoin and will move them nearer to their destinations. I sealed the lid as best I could and put as many sticks on it as I could find but it still some TLC.

So glad I found my first cache!! Thank You!!

Magic

Great topic! I had just gotten a GPS for Christmas, and I remember being so nervous that someone would be watching or that I looked suspicious (it was a magnetic key holder on a guardrail at the end of a highway off ramp). But I thought it looked easy enough for a first try, so my daughter and I went out to look for it. Here is the log:

December 30, 2006 by laxrefd3 (200 found)

Got a GPS for Christmas.. this was our very first find! Thanks for a good one for beginners. Although, I thought today was the 29th, so that is what I marked on the log, but it's really the 30th.. oh well, I'll get the hang of this sooner or later! ;)

Dad and Emma

As you can see, we're up to 200 now, but it's taken a little time. Got off to a slow start until I started paperless caching. My goal is eventually to get at least 1 cache in every state.. got 6 states so far! ;)

Great topic! I had just gotten a GPS for Christmas, and I remember being so nervous that someone would be watching or that I looked suspicious (it was a magnetic key holder on a guardrail at the end of a highway off ramp).

Sorry your first cache was a guardrail. ;)

Jamie