Post your first Geocaching log

Remember when you were just a wee cacher? You got your new GPS and went out in search of your first cache. Maybe you found it, maybe you didn't. Post your first caching log here.

My first attempt at geocaching took place May 21, 2001 when I DNFed this cache (and then another one about 30 minutes later)

icon_sad.gif Jamie Z couldn't find Mt. Zion's Valentine (Traditional Cache)

My first attempt at finding a geocache proved unsuccessful. On this windy, rainy night I headed out there only to trudge around in mud and wet flora before giving up. I think I found the spot alluded to in the clue, but no ammo box was to be found. Did I just miss it in the darkness?

A few days later, May 31 2001 I got my first find!

icon_smile.gif Jamie Z found A Grand Treasure (Traditional Cache)

My first successful cache, and the first to find this particular cache!

Easy to find, although maybe too easy, but I think anyone who finds it will leave it alone. Stopped by on my way to work, as it's only about a mile.

Jamie

(you might note that my first find was also a FTF)

Jamie

I like this forum topic, Jamie Z

BTP II CACHE

GC51AE

Traditional

April 27, 2002 by zoltig (804 found)

Right on!!! Very first cache for me and friend. Had a blast looking. Nice spot.

A cold wind had come up off the lakes, in the afternoon. Found it about 6:15 same day planted. Went to earlier coordinates that were posted.

Took wheresgeorge.com ring and left $1.25 for the future. I will check w.g. site. I have a few bills out there myself. Thanx

zoltig and chris

MONSTERINCITY

GC35BC

Multi

April 28, 2002 by zoltig (804 found)

Thanks geofred for the great time and exercise!!! All went well and took some time to convert original clues. Second find of the day for Chris and I. I have the travelbug and will send him out as soon as possible. Hope he finds his way to the west coast.

Great walk and a nice view. heyetech found it about 4 hrs earlier than us. Took wheresgeorge.com bills and replaced them with my wg.com bill plus 7-11-21 scratch ticket and small first aid kit of bits and pieces

zoltig and Chris

Quality caches and I was hooked.

Edited by zoltig

Our very 1st find was a little over a year ago.

Umm... looks like we didn't write very much!

May 12, 2008 by mfamilee (954 found)

Our very 1st find!

We continued to find 101 more caches before the end of that month.

We were hooked from the beginning & still are! :lol:

July 27, 2008 by Qbar (5 found)
My very first find - and in my own town even! (Oh yeah, it was a week ago)

I learned that geocaching on a day when it is pouring rain has an extra set of problems - how to open the cache without getting any water in it. I'll have to see if I own an umbrella for future rainy days/caches. Put a small piece of BC jade from down Highway 37 in there.

I remember at the time being worried that I was being too wordy in the log. Lots of reading of the forum has shown me that there was no problem. I got my own Garmin about 6 weeks after this find, but as usual winter came too soon, sigh....

I've found a couple already this spring (one left in my area to get to, and one about an hour away to re-visit and check what date I was there so I can log it on-line. Forgot to do that last fall) and in a few weeks am heading to an area with lots of caches, so hopefully I will have time to check some of them out. It will be different for me because up till now, I pretty much know where the caches have been, within a few meters by the descriptions, titles etc. so I will begin developing some better skills I hope!

Great idea for a thread, BTW

Edited by Qbar

I remember it well.

[December 25, 2006 by skeezicks (352 found)

I found this one with my sister and brother in law from arkansas.This was my 1st cache.I am really hooked on this type of "hunting".We were using my brother in laws gps,they are flying back home soon,so I am getting ready to pick up my own gps.What a blast!!!]

Edited by skeezicks

My first find was almost a year ago for Bear Pen Tennis Court that has now been archived due to a rise in activity at the park.

[June 29, 2008 by DarthJustice]

"Went to walk at the park this morning and looked for it afterwards. Took a minute but finally found it!"

Coincidentally, the friend, Sunman85, who got me into this game found it ten days/two logs before me. Looking back, I guess I should have (and wish I had) mentioned it was my first cache when I posted the log.

May 14, 2003 by BlueDeuce

I see the cache has been replaced with an Ammo box, very nice. Everything is in good condition, plenty of swag. Took a toy kaleidoscope and left Bugs Bunny in an airplane. Picked up HitchHiker California (#4),

-------------------

By the way I still have that kaleidoscope.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Bikin' By Bolin (GC31E4) by OverTheRiver (cache now retracted)(2.5/2.5)

6/9/2002 by Maingray

Great trip out, this was our first geocache. We live about 5 miles from this cache and know these trails quite well. Great start to our geocaching! Even our 9 month old enjoyed it, and he left one of his new building blocks behind.. there was just room =)

Edited by Maingray

First one under old user name back when I first heard of caching:

December 5, 2001 by Tech Crew (2 found)

UPDATE:

Still no go. We used your clue, and searched again. Still no luck. I dug until my fingers bled from the rocks. Is is possible that the coord's are off, or that the cache has been moved or taken?

First try for this one. We think we had the right coordinates, and we used 2 GPS Receivers to zone in.

Wish there was a small hint on this one.

Happy hunting...

The Tech Crew

2nd Log on that cache a few days later yielded a FTF (and a cool window sticker that's still on my truck):

December 7, 2001 by Tech Crew (2 found)

Found it finally. Still not sure why we couldn't get it with the previous coordinates, but these put us right on top of it.

Looks like there must be tons of deer roaming around that area.

Old clothes are definately in order, especially since the ground is so wet these days.

Took a Sticker, and left 4 AAA batteries. You should try to keep some of those stickers in the cache. They make for great advertising for the game!

The Tech Crew!

It's hard to tell above but our first log was actually two separate visits. I erroneously edited the log from our first visit to reflect an 'update' on our 2nd visit. Obviously not the right way to log. Turns out the first visit we had miskeyed the coordinates into our GPS, 2nd visit we got fixated on a pile of rocks that was close to GZ and totally overlooked the cache just about 15 feet away (there were 4 of us hunting). When we did find it we realized why we missed it. It was a large plastic container but it was well wrapped in camo netting and cleverly placed.

The Tech Crew user was created as part of research and development for a science and technology lesson plan using GPS with middle and high school kids. Ultimately we hid 4 caches (unpublished) to train the teachers on how the game works and to help them find ways to make use of an outdoor classroom. Fun Fun...

Our first log...

"South Wales Sunday, May 09, 2004

Found it: The Blorenges found The First in Wales (Traditional Cache)

Just bought a GPS and this is the first cache we looked for. Bit tricky in the rocks but got there in the end. It is wrapped in a black plastic bag which confused us a bit! Took the pony and left a Welsh daffodil pin. Great fun!"

... Like BlueDeuce, we've kept our first swap item - I actually got a pony :lol: - he's here on my desk. MrsB.

2ab0b905-b054-4760-81a4-913f3a5db304.jpg

My first log:

November 7, 2008 by Frank Broughton (200 found)

Paleoman52 - THANK YOU! You could not have made a better cache than this one for our first find. I was looking at geocaching.com the other day on my computer and my wife happened over my shoulder. She was very interested. Actually when she woke the next morning she told me she thought about how cool geocaching looks and even lost some sleep thinking about it! Well long story short we took my newly purchased GPSMAP 60CSx out for a trail run and we found your most excellent cache. The area is perfect, saw the bridge through the trees. The sun was shining and it was 60 some degrees on November 6th in WNY! We also found the "Jungie" tree yonder on. Also saw a nice size buck in the area.

I love this sticker we found in the cache:

3ac17a79-47c3-4f8c-bc93-3ced35f8c883.jpg

Edited by Frank Broughton

October 1, 2007 by mdplayers

This is our first find! I just learned about Geocaching this past weekend and decided to try it tonight. There were four of us and we looked and looked. The youngest (13) found it! Great Fun, I think we are all hooked.

Took the TB, left a bobber.

--------------------

This was a cache right here in town. The 13 year old is now 15. Three of us still cache, the fourth just never took to it (he'd rather fish).

September 28, 2007 by Colonial Cats (228 found)

This is the first find for the Colonial Cats! As it turns out, this cache is only 0.3 miles from our home. We did this at 08:45 am so there were not many muggles around. The cache is in good shape. SL and returned as found. TFTH!

You will always remember the first time.

Monday, December 13, 2004 Western Scrub Jay (GCE396)

"Lived within ten miles of this cache and never knew the park existed. This was my first time out and my first find. I had two experienced Geocachers as my mentors - daddy_dubya and ebarry. Was using their GPSr. Mine arrives tomorrow. Can't wait."

Edited by geospyder

My first log, though I don't know if I can claim full credit as some other cachers were in the process of finding it when I walked up to the site:

-=-=-=-

:laughing:September 16, 2007 by Jackalgirl

I didn't actually find this by myself, as I ran into a pair of very nice geocachers who were in the process of pulling it from its hiding place as I walked up. Still, it was in a clever spot and the park is really beautiful, a little gem my husband and I probably would have never found if not for this sport. A delightful first cache. : )

-=-=-=-

Here's the first one I genuinely found on my own:

-=-=-=-

:DSeptember 21, 2007 by Jackalgirl

[What a great park! My husband and I have marked it down as a future spot for picnics. There's a great stepped series of ponds, with koi, and the playground has an awesome jungle gym set. I highly recommend checking this out; took the Transformers stamp, left a glow-in-the-dark Kintaro cellphone fob, signed the log. I noticed, however, that previous geocachers (I'm assuming) had been through the area, because a lot of the undergrowth was trampled; sadly, I, too, trampled it in my search : ( so if you want to avoid stomping on the nature, check out this hint:

]Gurer'f n ybj pnoyr yrnqvat bss vagb gur jbbqf. Xrrc vg gb lbhe evtug-unaq fvqr nf lbh'er ybbxvat sbe guvf pnpur.

-=-=-=-

I've linked to the logs in question, in case anyone wants to check out the associated photos. Great forum topic -- thanks for starting this thread!

Edited to add: I'm still a wee cacher. ; )

Edited by Jackalgirl

My first log, though I don't know if I can claim full credit as some other cachers were in the process of finding it when I walked up to the site:

Wow! You ran into other cachers on your first hunt? I don't think I ran into other cachers until I'd been caching for two years or so... and even now after caching for eight years, I think I've only (randomly) run into other cachers two or three times. That's really unusual.

Jamie

Wow! You ran into other cachers on your first hunt? I don't think I ran into other cachers until I'd been caching for two years or so... and even now after caching for eight years, I think I've only (randomly) run into other cachers two or three times. That's really unusual.

Jamie

In Japan, even. I walked up towards the spot, saw these two other obvious Westerners, laughed, and said "I think I'm here for the same reason you are..."

I haven't run into any other geocachers since, tho.

Jamie

That sounds a lot like me. I've been at this for almost a year now and I still have not encountered any other cacheres whatsoever. Of course, that is not counting the person who told me about the game (but as far as I know doesn't do this anymore as he hasn't logged in his account since last June)

Jamie

That sounds a lot like me. I've been at this for almost a year now and I still have not encountered any other cacheres whatsoever. Of course, that is not counting the person who told me about the game (but as far as I know doesn't do this anymore as he hasn't logged in his account since last June)

My story is almost the opposite. Here's the log from my first cache:

March 16, 2003 by Corp Of Discovery

First cache found by us. Great to get it under our belts. Thanks, Corp Of Discovery.

And here's the log from my 3rd cache, later the same day:

March 16, 2003 by Corp Of Discovery

High traffic area is right....ran into Southside_Glen and a family from Michigan all at same time :}. A very eventful first day of caching...kids really enjoying it already.

Thanks, Corp Of Discovery

Ever since then I've been very fortunate to meet many other cachers on the way to, from or at a cache. ;)

Washington's Crossing 1

March 3, 2001

Good hiding spot and a pretty nice park. This was the first cache found by Team JackQuest. Cache is still in good shape. We left a Pennsylvania State Parks pin, took the CPR Saves pin and a picture of Cyber.

Had to drive all the way to NJ because there weren't any caches in Eastern PA at the time. Remember the days before film canisters glued to road signs and a thing called a disposable camera! :( it is nice to see that cache is still active today.

Washington's Crossing 1

March 3, 2001

Good hiding spot and a pretty nice park. This was the first cache found by Team JackQuest. Cache is still in good shape. We left a Pennsylvania State Parks pin, took the CPR Saves pin and a picture of Cyber.

Had to drive all the way to NJ because there weren't any caches in Eastern PA at the time. Remember the days before film canisters glued to road signs and a thing called a disposable camera! :( it is nice to see that cache is still active today.

YUP! I couldn't agree more!!

It is nice to see active caches that have been around since the early days.

Jamie Z, this is a great topic.

:) succotash found Not Your Garden Variety Cache

This was our first cache. What a beautiful park in January. We took the deck of cards and left a keychain flashlight and a Battlebots Winner pog from Jabberwock the battlebot season 4.0 in San Francisco. Logbook is totally full, we were the third to sign on the back cover. Thanks for the cache. We are hooked!

[Edit added almost 2 years later at the request of the owners of the South Carolina County Challenge Cache]:

Cache used for the South Carolina County Challenge. By the way, it looks like we were right on our very first log entry when we said "we are hooked!"

We chose this cache as our first one because it is in a beautiful park, and we thought even if we don't like the geocaching experience we'll have a great day in the park anyway. Fortunately for us we loved them both. The beautiful location and the creative hide truly captured us and here we still are!

Edited by succotash
June 11, 2006 by Jeepster++ (1029 found)

Funny thing… I never heard of Geochaching before this morning when I stumbled across this website. Sounded like fun so I went out and bought a GPS unit and by the afternoon I found my first cache in Bethpage State Park. I took a toy Hummer and left a 6” adjustable wrench.

A Pirates Garden Treasure

First find sans GPSr

"June 24, 2005 by Hockeyhick

Took the little ones on their first excursion. This is a great trek for anyone in the area! We don't have a gps yet...but it looks like we may have to get one soon!

Took a foreign bill, bracelet, and a swiss army knife; Left hair bows, a tiny stuffed toy puppy, electronic game, and a silver bell."

And the very next day with a brand spankin' new Magellan Meridian Gold:

Whitesides Mountain

"June 25, 2005 by Hockeyhick

Wow!

Our first find!

My family has been hiking Whitesides for several years, and now we have even more fun. Great hike, with my brother, son, wife, daughter and her friend. Good hide, and I understand some confusion, as there are two twin trunked trees nearby. Took jumping beans, and left a new sharpie pen for future finders, a game of Jacks, and a business card from my brother's office.

He has been hiking these hills for a while, as he maintains his website, SCWaterfalls.com.

Now onto the next one!"

Who knew how much this hobby would change us!

Team Geo-Cricket found Mirar o Sado (Traditional Cache)

After some analysis, Tehanu decided that we would hunt this cache (although I think that it was more to make me stop talking about caching than anything else).

When we arrived to Palmela, we had a key-point referred in the Cache Page: the belvedere (follow the plates “Miradouro”) which has a wonderful view. There we noticed a rock wall that we would have to climb.

So, looking for a new approach we came down and turned right just after the small garden. We got to a house with some hen houses and dogs close to our path, and I, against my mate’s opinion, have decided not to risk following the path and draw the attention upon us.

Back in the car, we came around and arrived at Baixa de Palmela and the GPSr showed that we were only 190mts away from the coordinates given. That was the place, comparing with the 500mts showed at the belvedere, those almost 200 looked like a dream.

And there we went, up the hill, through what was *supposed* to be a short-cut.

Short-cut and leg cut.

Lesson #1: Shorts, skirt and sandals don’t match short-cut Geocaching.

Saving the short ½ litter of water Tehanu had the good sense to take (Lesson #2: Always take plenty of water), and many scratches later, we arrived up there.

GPSr indicated 7mts, precision 5mts under the olive tree. Tehanu rested right under the “nest” and in my first onslaught I almost put my hand on it without seeing it.

Tehanu was gasping for breath, I encouraged her to drink water and she said me: The arrow pointed there…

I took the little device a bit away and started walking in her direction. Precision was now indicating some safe 2mts, proximity 5 mts and decreasing, 3 mts, 2 mts, 0mts. The small Vista Cx was now revealing it’s real valour. It had to be there. I went up there and Voilá!

First thought: Stupid fool, you had your hand ON it….

Once the egg opened, the logs read and the discovery logged it was time to trade.

Tehanu wanted the TB, but I thought that a TB was probably too soon for us, since we’re still newbs at these things and the fear of Not Founds still wanders about our heads, so we took nothing.

With the egg full again, I put it into the bag together with a wrist watch and a pen (the pencil’s writing point is broken). Around the place there was a balloon (those metallic ones from the festivals) with clown shape that I brought down to a new life: The garbage can.

After a little more punishment from the wilderness in our legs and feet, we arrived at the car where its A/C awaited us.

It was time to get some fresh drinks, to wash ourselves up, take care of the wounds and head home.

The Cache is in a place with a really wonderful sight (my opinion, not Tehanu’s, who found it reasonably pleasant). Setúbal is fantasticly framed with the mountain range and the Sado River with Troia at range, wich we could admire from a good distance in that spot.

The place decidedly deserves the cache. Thank you very much for it.

I want to publicly ask for Tehanu’s forgiveness because she made a great sacrifice to get up there and I think I should listen to her more often (Lesson #3: Always listen to your mates, especially if its your girlfriend we’re talking about).

Date and Time of Found: 28th July 2007, 14:45

IN: Wrist Watch and a BIC pen.

OUT: C.I.T.O.: a metalic clown-shaped balloon.

P.S.: Sorry for beeing so long but it was our first hunt and i'm very excited...

P.S.: Sorry for logging the second time but i had to change the nickname...

Team Geo-Cricket

MightyReek & Tehanu

what im posting is mine and my friends first cache:

June 16, 2006 by Keruso (383 found)

i was with Red on this one, but at the time i didn't have a name, so i didn't think i could post in here that i had found it. BTW, Red really didn't find the cache, I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! me being a little overweight, stopped right next to the area (talk about Karma, huh?) that held the cache, and, thanks to my Boy Scout skills, saw that something was out of place in that spot (btw, me have no GPS, and we didn't have a compass). i can't call this my first official find, that would be the Kuhns one

Left a temp thingy and took a red truck SL

[view/edit logs/images] [upload an image for this log]

June 16, 2006 by Red 07Z (863 found)

awesome! this was my very first cache! i took the red truck (red is my fav. color!) and left my friend washington and a temperature card thingy that my friend had on him. the pen was broken, the thing was pushed in to far soo i took the pen apart and left the ink thing out soo it could still be used. i forgot to bring a pen with me on this cache as well as the other item i was going to leave. the next person to visit should leave a pen or pencil there.

it took me over 30 mins to find the cache since i didn't know what to expect! great hiding place! container was dry and solid

Thanks for the Find!

-Red

[This entry was edited by Red 07Z on Friday, June 16, 2006 at 9:04:33 PM.]

this one i found on my own

June 26, 2006 by Keruso (383 found)

This is my official first find, having found three others with my friend Red07z, and at this time i was a "muggle" so for me, those three do not count, i guess, and oddly enough, this one is where i walk to work. Took me almost 45 minutes trying to find this (that's 2 days worth, it started storming the first day). I also found this one without a GPS, i need to get one. Took nothing, left nothing and for the cacher who left this one, you need more paper.

[This entry was edited by Keruso on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 at 2:41:41 PM.]

I didn't even have a GPS, but Red did. He took me on this hunt and didn't even tell me what we were doing. I had to wait for him to go out and cache since i didn't have a car yet. found about 30 from then to the end of the year. I got my own car in '07, but still didnt have a GPS. I got one at the end of the year, and i still had to rely on my friend to go out and cache

(Diva's Dude was the owner and my friend who told me about his new hobby)

January 31, 2004 by KoosKoos

Was a great first find if a little harder than we'd plan...always bring your coordinates! :D

Had to do this one first since DD was the one who convinced me to finally get into caching!

So, DD, now we need to get Elder into the game with us!

Koos Koos (also known as Y)

T: Gel Pen & $1 coin

L: Stuffed Roo and "Forget me not" heart

4/8/2007 You found Sound Advice (Traditional Cache) [visit log]

Our very first cache. Couldn't wait for the new GPS to show up, so this was an interesting way for us to get started! TFTC

GC10KJG

This cache is a podcache, as well as a traditional.

This was our first find after trying to find a cache with my mom using a TOMTOM and a compass the previous day (we never did find that, we just wandered through the woods for an hour till I said...THIS SUCKS!)

Been hooked ever since!

What an interesting topic!

My husband and I decided to try this cache as our first find. We did it in two parts since we started out late the first day. We found the first cache without much problem. I'm just glad it was during the winter....no underbrush or bugs! We went back the second day for cache #2. DH found this one after convincing me that it really wasn't in the water! Contents of the second cache were slightly wet, but interesting none-the-less.

It wasn't the nearest to my home but it came up as first try on a loop with a few benchmarks of interest (and no sign of them at their expected locations)

SW 1.1mi from your home coordinates

Illinois Monday, June 01, 2009

JM Chicago found Chicago Parks - Brands (Traditional Cache)

My first cache. I found it quite easily...off the hook...

However the benchmark in the same park was nowhere to be seen.

JM Chicago

From then on it has proven an interesting journey.

Jeff

The Chicagoan

Politically Liberal

Environmentally Green

Financially urban sustainable

Having too much fun to grow up

GCGQFQ: I thought this was actually my second find but, in my naivete, I thought it would suffice to say I saw a cache hanging in a tree. I didn't climb the tree and sign the log. "Found It" log was deleted by CO after checking the logbook. Hence, this became my first (of many) official find.

icon_smile.gifJune 16, 2005 by Viajero Perdido (1 found)

My first-ever cache! I've been crashing through these woods for years while doing orienteering, and always wondered what the tupperware containers that I was tripping over were for. icon_smile_big.gif

After circling around the cache and checking all the ludicrously impossible places where the cache might be (up trees, in the densest thickets, etc.), finally I resorted to the hint (hey, I'm a beginner!), and finally found it. Nicely stashed.

It's quite a challenge, BTW, to keep from flailing madly at the mosquitoes while people are so close by.

Took an Inukshuk pin, left a Peruvian dancers pin, poured out a bit of water and dried everything out as best I could before resealing it very carefully and restashing. I noticed it's easy to close the lid over a corner of a ziploc baggie or whatever; maybe that's how the water gets in. (Both the caches I visited tonight had a bit of water).

Thanks for the fine cache to get me started! I think I'm going to have fun with this sport.

Yes, "I think I'm going to have fun with this sport." Four years later, that's for sure.

Edited by Viajero Perdido

We found our 13,000th cache today and it seems like just yesterday that we saw our first log..We even took a picture of it at the time.

October 13, 2005 by kwvers! (13000 found)

My first official cache find! My friend Big Ron has introduced our family to a new and exciting way to burn off some extra fat we have been adding to our waist-line during our vacation from California.We are looking forward to our future finds and new friends and laughs we are sure to find at geocaching.SL TFTC,Jn3:16

So this is what a log looks like.Got a pencil?

Edited by kwvers!

March 29, 2002 by VO2WW (1128 found)

Visiting my daughter for Easter and wanted to show her what this is all about, this was the first cache we found @ 13:08, we took a key chain (and a photigraph) left a DCRA shooting medal. Thanks for playing the game.

Every one seems like another first one to me.

January 4, 2006 by Sioneva (1239 found)

Found it - my first one! And it was a lot of fun. We saw a baby buggle too, as we were leaving - I think they grow there. :o

TFTC. Whee! I'm addicted!

------

I still remember the thrill I got when I realized - "Hey, this thing unscrews!" :)

Here's ours. At the time I thought one should conserve words. I had the strange idea that longer logs were for more experienced cachers and that you had to earn the right to write long logs and that beginners who barged in and wrote too much would be snubbed or worse. Little did I know! Fortunately, the forums disabused me of this notion.

Lovely bamboo forest. This was the first real cache we found! Took nothing. Left a large bellydance costume coin. TFTC!

I posted four photos but later had a crisis of conscience and worried that the photos might make the cache owner mad since they showed the park the cache was located in and the actual cache. This feeling of being bad by posting photos just grew and grew after each cache I logged until I finally posted a question in the forum about it, which was my first question.

Carolyn

Edited by Steve&GeoCarolyn

12/08/02, GC387, Back in the Saddle Again (still active!)

My first find! Spent a lot of time scrambling around up in the 'saddle' before the find. I've been riding (Mt. Bike) in this area for 6 years so you'd think I'd know the terrain better! Log was wet, can dented, not sealing. I placed it top down to prevent rain entering. TN/LN/SL

I already had the acronym lingo down pat! :anitongue:

Wow, you guys have been doing this for ages! I started, what, 2 days ago?! But anyway, this was my first official log:

Western Australia Monday, August 03, 2009

jazrusso found piney lakes reserve (Traditional Cache)

My first cache find! Piney Lakes is a beautiful location, well done on the hide. TNLNSL.

Jaz.

Yes, I even made an effort to learn some of the lingo! Can't wait to do more!

im new too, so guess you not the only one :laughing:

Our first cache was last saturday GC1HBDX after finding it on the map we decided to take the dog for a walk who promptly jumped into the black canal :anitongue: as we walked along the canal i was doing a countdown (no muggles about) as we got down to 6-10ft i looked to the right and saw the dead sticks over the box and immediately thought that it was a strnage place for lots of old sticks to end up, removed them and found the cache.

Both the partner and my daughter are now hooked. My daughters first find a few caches later and she was over the moon, we now have a set routine, i fill out the log and the little one looks through the cache and says what she sees and my partner keeps an eye out. :laughing:

Certainly a great new hobby that gets us out and about.

Ah, memories! My first cache log:

This was our first hunt. A co-worker (Marc) and I went out (he'll probably log it under his account, too). We found the GeoCache site over in Where's George, printed the maps, and hunted it down! I took a Furby and he took a robot, we left two pocket dice games.

Sans GPS, even!

I've only been doing this for a few months now. Cache GC1EJWQ

April 17 by todd300

This was my very first find as I'm a total noob in geocaching. Well, actually, my daughter found it :anitongue: I took her and my son with me on the excursion and I had the GPS in hand and told the kids where it might be while I looked at the readings on the GPS and she found it while I was looking at the GPS..

Because it was my first find, I did not make any trades as I just wanted to experience the thrill of finding a cache to start with.

There was a TB in it that I'll leave for the next cacher to move to another cache.

Excellent hiding spot and we left it just as we found it.

Edited by todd300

Ah, my first find. I remember it well, especially since it was only a month ago.

icon_smile.gif July 3 by Ktulu_1

This was my first attempt and first find. Lots of mosquitoes after the recent rain. TNLS SL TFTC icon_smile_big.gif

I hope to get better at logging as I get better at caching.

6/7/2008 You found 302 Lincoln (Traditional Cache) [visit log]

Found it exactly where it was left a Tapemeasure key chain took the plastic coin

TFTC SL

first event cache

6/7/2008 You attended Greenway Trails Day (Event Cache) [visit log]

Had a really cool expirence with geocaching my mom and dad loved too i now have a gps and will cache as often as i can

Mine was about 4 weeks ago. I originally thought my daughter and I would have a team name, so we weren't sure how we were going to sign the logs. We have since decided to have individual accounts. Here is our first log:

Our first find. Kid took a seashell, we left a couple things including a "Magic Towel". This is gonna be fun. (Signed as Emily and Dad)

June 23 by Raenne (47 found)

Our first find of our new hobby! Thanks for the cache, I can't believe so much stuff fit in that little container. Have to give the hubby credit for the find :)

Construction is ongoing in park of the park due to changes to the bridge, so there was a bit more "muggle" traffic than usual, even though it was overcast and cool.

Took red toy truck for the little guy and left a GoFish deck and our signature sticker.

Thanks!

Changed the username since then, used to log as TeamBiohazard, but I fly solo pretty much now :) The cache was leterally a half mile from my house :D