New Cacher in Tennessee....Where's Yoda when I need him?

ElleDeGee

Hello...My name is Racheal. I'm brand new to Caching as you probably already know. And I've noticed today that I've managed to possibly pass by 2 other Cachers this morning on my adventures. But the reason I'm posting this is I don't know anyone who caches. And I was wondering if I could find someone who can teach me so that maybe one day I can cache on my own. :P Kinda like a mentor as you would say. :P Is there anyone interested?

Hello...My name is Racheal. I'm brand new to Caching as you probably already know. And I've noticed today that I've managed to possibly pass by 2 other Cachers this morning on my adventures. But the reason I'm posting this is I don't know anyone who caches. And I was wondering if I could find someone who can teach me so that maybe one day I can cache on my own. :P Kinda like a mentor as you would say. :P Is there anyone interested?

Hi Racheal and welcome to Geocaching.

You can take a look at the lead topic in this forum for a list of local organizations, one I would suggest is http://www.getgc.org/

Tell Katie aka Better Half I said Hi! and don't take anything BBB says seriously.

Edited by Rick618

Hi, just wanted to welcome you to geocaching! I hope you continue enjoying it for a long time.

I don't think I've ever passed any possible geocachers and, other than the person who introduced me to this, I know I have never met any unfortunately.

But anyway, again, welcome to the club lol.

Thank you all so much! I'm starting to kinda get the hang of it. But I think I'm going to do a couple solo in the next week because my boyfriend and my friend keep stealing my caches. I find the coords and put us right at it and then before I can actually look they jet past me! :laughing: Not too fair! Hope to meet other cachers soon!

Hey Rachel, welcome to the obsession.

I see you live in Maryville so you would be in the Great Smoky Mountains Geocaching Club area. I live up in the Nashville area but browse their forums a bit and have met a few of those guys out east. I even had one of them publish a cache so I could get page 46 of the TN Delorme Challenge! So I think you will find plenty of mentoring out of that group.

http://gsmgc.net/

If you ever have any questions feel free to email me.