52 PICK UP - The Mission/Cointest - Pick a Card, Any Card

opalsns

Though I would share my PM with you...

Hello opalsns

I note you have left a log on the Qld 10 year event cache page regarding me and what it appears to imply. It took some time for the penny to drop initially as to what you could have been referring to.

I can only conclude that some assumptions have been made relating to the caches found earlier this week based on experiences in the US. This week I have been busy logging finds from a trip to Adelaide (still to be completed).

When a new cache has been published and found, other caching teams appreciate a log appearing as quickly as possible, hence us taking the time to record the finds, rather than waiting until we had finished logs from a few weeks ago. This did not mean that we did not intend to log the trackables in due course. The trackables were owned by the cache owner and they did not see the need to contact us after receiving the find logs from Fangsoki.

With respect to the mission, it has been months since I have visited the forums. The mission has not been received. I do not understand why you might think that anyone would want to "keep" the mission.

Many emails are received in my email account and due to circumstances over the past six months, I am not necessarily able to read every single one promptly. It is not difficult however, to quickly scan for newly published caches.

Regards

Just a Trifle

My Implication was simple enough, TO GET YOU TO ANSWER US!!!

That's all!!!!

And to prove you were RECIEVING GC emails.

by you not Checking in or Not answering emails, from any of us here, has made it suspicious. By you not logging your finds, made me think you didn't log the mission.

It would have been nice for you to contact the cacher that sent you the mission as she has emailed you several times.

you can check your "many' emails to see who has contacted you reguarding this, that is unless you just "delete them".

If you recieve "WAY" too many emails and don't want to reply, You should take your email off your profile.

Opalsns

At least Just A Trifle is alive and well. :P

Just a shame about the mission. I live in hope that it will eventually get there.

Sorry to everyone else who is on the waiting list.

Would you like me to send another mission to another cacher, obviously it will not contain

all the cards etc.

Let me know what you think.

Sue

This is just a suggestion - apologies if I've already said this - but perhaps future senders should contact their prospective recipients through their gc.com profiles? This does ruin the surprise factor, but it ensures that recipients are ready and willing to accept and send on a mission.

I did this with Chur, who had not been in the forums much nor had she been caching. She did respond to my email that she was ready to receive the mission, so you never know.

This was such a great idea for a mission and had a great track record for over a year, which is amazing. In the spirit of keeping things going, a little communication can go a long way. Happy caching, everyone!

Any idea for helping this along is welcomed.

If you send international, write down the slip number for your records. It can't be tracked but it may help in some way.

ALWAYS send delivery confirmation in the US.

Make sure it doesn't" jingle" too much, it makes nosey postal workers curious.

I THINK And I still find it curious that someone who doesn't post the geocoins they "Retrieve" also doesn't " recieve" our mission.

JUST AN OBSERVATION.

I hope the mission shows up with an "INSPECTED" slip on it.

Then I can understand it's where abouts.

Between Coins and TBs missing and Missing caches and all the

" UNPOLITCALY CORRECT " ways of cachers doing their own thing, it's all starting to suk for me.

Edited by opalsns

Mine should have arrived by now. It normally takes about 2 weeks for something to get from Japan to the US (which is where it went) if it's slow, and 1 week if things go quickly. It's not unknown for stuff to take (way, way) longer, but it's pretty unusual...

Edited to add: I dropped the recipient an in-system email, so hopefully we'll get word soon on whether it arrived.

Edited by Jackalgirl

Sorry this mission is generating so much angst currently. I enjoyed when I received this mission, and I always keep tabs on the thread. I hate to think that the chain has been broken, but maybe life is in the way a little bit and things will look up again soon. I hope the missions pop up again soon!!

Well...

Fredhead,Queenie boo bay, And the finding Irish4 have NOT been on GC.com since Augst September and October, consecutivly.

I am assuming they recieved it and aren't will to play.

I have emailed each of them several times.

Any more words of wisdom for us, Fuzziebear???LOL

Well...

Fredhead,Queenie boo bay, And the finding Irish4 have NOT been on GC.com since Augst September and October, consecutivly.

I am assuming they recieved it and aren't will to play.

I have emailed each of them several times.

Any more words of wisdom for us, Fuzziebear???LOL

Hello all,

I just e-mailed Opalsns to give her a status update on us...

This last 1/2 year has been fun for us in a variety of ways and has taken us out of caching for sometime but not for good.

We have just returned form an extended Thanksgiving break visiting many friends that it has been to long to go without seeing, I am sure you all uderstand that, keeeping in touch long distance is easy but being together is harder.

I did receive an e-mail from Opalsns that I read today, after sorting through a LOOOOONG list of uread and junk e-mails...

As of Wednesday Novemember 24th the mission had not landed here.....

Tomorrow the Postman wil be bringing all of those long kept important items and yes I am sure a bill or two.

If the mission is with those we will let you all know ASAP....

SORRY of we were the delay but I thought it important to do the family thing this time of year.

P.S. We will be taking the week after Christmas to meet with the friends we did not get to during

Thanksgiving just an FYI.......

That is fantastic news! I think Mission 1 definitely has some staying power. Given that these missions have been going on for more than a year, and the fact that geocachers come and go quite frequently in these forums, it is really great for both missions to have travelled as much as they have.

Nice to see that Mission 1 still has some gas in the tank!

Hopefully the remaining recipients for Mission 1 still have some gas in theirs... Perhaps those who have yet to receive it should contact opalsns or post in this thread to let Queenie-Boo-Bay know that they are ready to receiving and willing to send on quickly?

I just wanted to let you know that when I got home today a box was waitng for me :D

Mission 1 has made it back to the US Shores.

This package made it from a land far away and had some very unique items in it, some I want to use right now but think I should put these on my dresser so they stay nice.

I will tell you that the treats inside have not been so lucky so far as a matter of fact it apears as if another one has just gone missing :mad:

The coins are so nice I do not know what to say other than THANK YOU!!!!!

Our family has been so busy lately we have not been caching but I think this may just put us back into the game we are heading out again over Christmas looks as if Dad might be entering something special into the GPS for the trip :anibad:

Will post some pictures soon.

I will get the mission moving and post when it does.

Thank you Opalsns for getting this mission started.

52 PICK UP - The Mission 2

Mission 2 TB

Updated List ...... December 8th

Just A Trifle - was sent Mission 2 from susiemerlin but says she never recieved it?????

911turbos

Penny and Kona

TeamEccs21

LadyBee4T

the other yooper

Avroair

StarWarsCam

lorca.nl

syott

Ashallond

E&Cplus3

Firefly03

PawPaw Greybeard

Broken-Bones

kini_ont

Yuppers,

After the new year, I will merge them, AND

From now untill then, I will ask anyone that has recieved mission 2 to send me their half of the playing card with their caching name on it and I will do a draw from those names,

SO , Mission 2 Players, get those cards into me !!!!!

Edited by opalsns

Yuppers,

From now untill then, I will ask anyone that has recieved mission 2 to send me their half of the playing card with their caching name on it and I will do a draw from those names,

aw ive long since lost my part of a playing card i suspect i stupidly left it on the desk here and then it either got thrown out or it got lifted by sticky fingers (my son)

i cant play now :rolleyes:

Yuppers,

Do you mean snail mail you the actual half, or just email you what card it is?

Yuppers,

Do you mean snail mail you the actual half, or just email you what card it is?

I need the physical card in my hat to pick the winner, so Snail Mail!!!