lorca.nl

Shadow's Friend

avroair

DJ J Rock

Zariah

57chevy

nefesh

kini_ont

Mission 2 is on the way. There is something extra for the person I sent it to.

c1a24d6d-2a0c-48f7-b538-c1a554aabb13.jpg

WOW to my susprise,, i found this in my mailbox today. it has a coin with it that actually rattles like a snake, does any one know the name of the coin? i did not know that till i pulled it out for the pic,, but my first impression was,,, wow this coin is thick!! i also found a get well card with a check!!!!! , to help with the med bills,,, yae!!!! i cant belive you james,,thats soo awesome of you to add that in there!! the coin is so cool. i am very greatful for your gifts. im just floored, i dunno what else to say..... kinda speachless at this moment and totally tooken by susprize! the money really helps me out, and i cant thank you enuff, i really did not expect that at allllll! nor the mission. Ive been so busy lately with family, i have alot of catching up to do in this thread. thank you sooo much james.

ive been very blessed to have everyone here be so compassionate towards what im going through health wize, and hope some day soon i can repay everyone, im just so tooken by the response ive gotten from you all here. i just expected to sell some coins to help pay for them,, but ive been getting cards, and emails, and gifts, and donations,, .....and words cant express how i feel right now. thank you so much for caring sooo much everyone.

im going to copy this and post it to the mail box thread too

52 PICK UP - The Mission 1

UPDATED LIST ........ August 4th

Dark Elf

Turlutortue

Penny and Kona

The Finding irish

Queenie-Boo-bay

Fredhead

ThePetersTrio

BlueMotmot

TeamEccs21

Li-Z

Trick or Treat

usyoopers

fossillady

ELTADA

LadyBee4T

FScout

kini_ont

fuzziebear3

Chickahominy

DJ.J.ROCK

Zariah

millieballon

grodan & fiabus

fingers crossed

911turbos

UFgatorgirl

SYOTT

Chur

Moozer

Clan Doyle

Moustik et HBK

Ford Freak

snowball 58

Tha Saint

E&Cplus3

Jackalgirl

gardengorilla

sweetlife - B

sweetlife - V

Vanelle

DaFunkyFrogs

summerandnana

Ashallond

lorca.nl

Sunsetmeadowlark

52 PICK UP - The Mission 2

Updated List ...... August 4th

Just a Trifle

ATMouse

njwashor

Chickahominy

Dark Elf

susiemerlin1

brewmeister

fuzziebear3

sunsetmeadowlark

Penny and Kona

TeamEccs21

jasondulac

Team Red-one

kmmlynch

Echo Echo

summerandnana

LadyBee4T

FScout

fairyhoney

Trick or Treat

catsnfish

Chur

aniyn

anne.and.eli

sarahbelle

JohnMac56

PawPawGreybeard

Chickahominy2

the other yooper

StarWarsCam

lorca.nl

Shadow's Friend

avroair

Zariah

57chevy

nefesh

kini_ont

:drama: Just a quick note to say that Mission 1 is officially in the hands of the U.S. Postal Service. It may take a week or so to reach its next recipient. :D

Mission1 , Mission 1, who's got Mission 1 ????????????

Opalsns

Wooohoooo!!!!!! I've got it, i've got it :mad::D:D

It might hav been in my mailbox for a few days, because I was on holiday caching and hiking in Scotland last week. When I got back from the airport on sunday evening, there was a hea padded enveloppewaiting for me. I couldn't remember ordering any coins or trading any coins, so this really was a surprise! Inside was the 52 PICK UP mission. What a great way to come home :D Made it a lot easier to go to work the next morning :mad:

Inside the package where two beautiful coins that have been on my want list for quite a time: te Sydney Koala coin and a red/BN Tatanka Pejula!!!!! Also a geocoin collecting patch, a handmade tag with a metal plate and my name and caching name on it :mad: Thank you so much for sending these great gifts Chevy 57, I like them very much!!

O, almost forgot, here's the photo:

ca7dc560-d1ba-4801-a8d3-273ededb4c43.jpg

Now I'm going to have a hard time deciding who's gonna receive this mission next.... I'm never good at choosing :mad:

:drama: Just a quick note to say that Mission 1 is officially in the hands of the U.S. Postal Service. It may take a week or so to reach its next recipient. :D

Mission1 , Mission 1, who's got Mission 1 ????????????

Opalsns

Wooohoooo!!!!!! I've got it, i've got it :D:D:D

It might hav been in my mailbox for a few days, because I was on holiday caching and hiking in Scotland last week. When I got back from the airport on sunday evening, there was a hea padded enveloppewaiting for me. I couldn't remember ordering any coins or trading any coins, so this really was a surprise! Inside was the 52 PICK UP mission. What a great way to come home :D Made it a lot easier to go to work the next morning :mad:

Inside the package where two beautiful coins that have been on my want list for quite a time: te Sydney Koala coin and a red/BN Tatanka Pejula!!!!! Also a geocoin collecting patch, a handmade tag with a metal plate and my name and caching name on it :mad: Thank you so much for sending these great gifts Chevy 57, I like them very much!!

O, almost forgot, here's the photo:

ca7dc560-d1ba-4801-a8d3-273ededb4c43.jpg

Now I'm going to have a hard time deciding who's gonna receive this mission next.... I'm never good at choosing :mad:

Congrats Li-Z...can anybody tell me where to get the collecting patch? I love the collecting coins and try to get all, but i've never seen the patch before :mad:

Edited by Dark Elf

52 PICK UP - The Mission 1

UPDATED LIST ........ August 12th

Dark Elf

Turlutortue

Penny and Kona

The Finding irish

Queenie-Boo-bay

Fredhead

ThePetersTrio

BlueMotmot

TeamEccs21

Trick or Treat

usyoopers

fossillady

ELTADA

LadyBee4T

FScout

kini_ont

fuzziebear3

Chickahominy

DJ.J.ROCK

Zariah

millieballon

grodan & fiabus

fingers crossed

911turbos

UFgatorgirl

SYOTT

Chur

Moozer

Clan Doyle

Moustik et HBK

Ford Freak

snowball 58

Tha Saint

E&Cplus3

Jackalgirl

gardengorilla

sweetlife - B

sweetlife - V

Vanelle

DaFunkyFrogs

summerandnana

Ashallond

lorca.nl

Sunsetmeadowlark

52 PICK UP - The Mission 2

Updated List ...... August 12th

Just a Trifle

ATMouse

njwashor

Chickahominy

Dark Elf

susiemerlin1

brewmeister

fuzziebear3

sunsetmeadowlark

Penny and Kona

TeamEccs21

jasondulac

Team Red-one

kmmlynch

Echo Echo

summerandnana

LadyBee4T

FScout

fairyhoney

Trick or Treat

catsnfish

Chur

aniyn

anne.and.eli

sarahbelle

JohnMac56

PawPawGreybeard

Chickahominy2

the other yooper

StarWarsCam

lorca.nl

Shadow's Friend

avroair

Zariah

57chevy

nefesh

kini_ont

1. Get a small paper map.

2. Have them draw where it is, and then draw a line back to where it's been?

or...3 we find a world map picture and we get those who have already seen mission 1 or 2 let us know where they are city/state...(or figure it out by looking at caching history) and recreate it from there.

I dunno. there's probably some easier way to do it, but I don't know.

or...3 we find a world map picture and we get those who have already seen mission 1 or 2 let us know where they are city/state...(or figure it out by looking at caching history) and recreate it from there.

Make each one a TB!! Then we can all put then on our watch list and see the map...Just a thought.

Whew... I'm glad it made it to the Netherlands in good shape. Very glad you liked the coins. I left a little room on your nametag for your favorite geo-pin. I'm also looking forward in watching the progress of the missions. Heb een goede week. Dank u veel. ~57Chevy

Oh.. Dark Elf... I'll look and see if I can find you a patch. ;)

Luckily I've never had anything go missing, so the postal system from US to the Netherlands seems to work pretty well :-)

I didn't think of putting a geopin on the naemtag, good idea! I just bought a Puffin pin in Scotland last week (not an offical geopin, but very cute), so that will go on it!

Wow, you speak Dutch! I don't hear that a lot from people abroad :) Even people who've lived in the Netherland sofr a while don't seem to speek dutch. They say it's so difficult to learn when everyone in the Netherlands keeps answering you in English :laughing:

Jij ook een heel fijn weekend!

Li-Z

Make each one a TB!! Then we can all put then on our watch list and see the map...Just a thought.

Making the two missions a TB soudns like a practical idea! The persons that already received the mission can still log it, and we could all follow the route on the TB's page :laughing:

Opalsns, if you want I can attach a coin to the mission and send you (as the 'mission owner') the codes for activation. Unfortunately I don't think I have an activated TB at the moment, but I could attach a lightweight coin to it?

Making the two missions a TB soudns like a practical idea! The persons that already received the mission can still log it, and we could all follow the route on the TB's page :laughing:

Opalsns, if you want I can attach a coin to the mission and send you (as the 'mission owner') the codes for activation. Unfortunately I don't think I have an activated TB at the moment, but I could attach a lightweight coin to it?

That sounds cool, but you wouldn't have to add the coin. Just email the info, I'll activate it and send each person the number as they recieve it. We'll do yours as mission 1 and I'll activate mission 2.

Someone will have to help me set the map up, I don't know how,

What does everyone think????

Opalsns

OK,

Since Kini_Ont was the first to recieve Misson 2, I am going to use the number from the beautiful NEPTUNE COMPASS he sent me to track Mission 2. I will set up the page and send the tracking numbers to those that have recieved it so they can discover it and we'll have it's travels on a map

EXCELLENT Idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is The TB number for 52 PICK-UP The Mission 2

TB2M8MN

I will try to set up a map, then I will send the Tracking Number to Kini and so on.........

just read this in a post....

Travel Bugs already do have maps. Log in and click on "view map". You can find it right above the logs. Next to "Tracking History"

so I'll send the code to Kini to get the map going!!!

Edited by opalsns

OK,

I am too frustrated trying to get this to work.

What has to be done is...

I dropped it in Maine and then Retrieved it and dropped it in Kini's cache. He in turn should retrieve it and drop it in Finger's Crossed/Princesses Cache. Then she should retrieve it and drop it in FossilLady's Cache. FossilLady should retrieve it and drop it in FordFreak's cache the he in turn should drop it in DJ.J.Rocks cache.

AFTER the new person recieves it, DJ.J rock should drop it in their cache,

But NOT untill it is recieved and posted by the new reciever.

Does this make sense to everyone?

That's how we should get the miles and places recorded.

Opalsns

OK,

I am too frustrated trying to get this to work.

What has to be done is...

I dropped it in Maine and then Retrieved it and dropped it in Kini's cache. He in turn should retrieve it and drop it in Finger's Crossed/Princesses Cache. Then she should retrieve it and drop it in FossilLady's Cache. FossilLady should retrieve it and drop it in FordFreak's cache the he in turn should drop it in DJ.J.Rocks cache.

AFTER the new person recieves it, DJ.J rock should drop it in their cache,

But NOT untill it is recieved and posted by the new reciever.

Does this make sense to everyone?

That's how we should get the miles and places recorded.

Opalsns

Can't do I see you dropped it but it doesn't show in the inventory to pass on, would you dipping the coin be better? Or you can send me the coin :P

Ok I can see you've retrieved 52 and when I visited the log in earth it shows up as travelled. :P

Ok,

I think I put it back in for you to retrieve and place. My Mind is gone today, LOL!!!!!

Once this gets working they way we want, I'll get Mission 1 On the map too.

Opalsns

You adults you make things so hard... :P

In my Mission THE JUNIOR CACHERS AGENCY, A MISSION that is just for the KID CACHERS

I put a coin inside that travels with the Mission, and said:

I have an Activated coin TBW3EB

This coin is to travel from Kid Cacher to Kid Cacher participating in the JOIN THE JUNIOR CACHERS AGENCY Mission, since this KAT has a Black Belt I feel all of the treasure inside will be well protected.

If you check the coin and view the map you can see where the mission has been....

Guess what Dad says is true to kids this comes easy.....

I am waiting for the 52 Pick-up Mission to come our way, we will dip and retreive when it gets here.

Thanks for doing the mission.

Edited by Fredhead

In my Mission THE JUNIOR CACHERS AGENCY, A MISSION that is just for the KID CACHERS

This coin is to travel from Kid Cacher to Kid Cacher participating in the JOIN THE JUNIOR CACHERS AGENCY Mission, since this KAT has a Black Belt I feel all of the treasure inside will be well protected.

If you check the coin and view the map you can see where the mission has been....

I am waiting for the 52 Pick-up Mission to come our way, we will dip and retreive when it gets here.

FH,

You Dad is right, LOL!!!!!

The idea came up after the mission went out, so this was a spur of the moment thing, and I really didn't want to have a traveling coin in the mission, so I made The Whole mission a TB. It seems to be working now. The problem was the map wasn't showing when folk "Discovered" the TB but I didn't realize that till last night. It actually has to be Moved. I'm learning, slow but sure!! I hope the "view map" link that Eartha spoke of in another post shows up, but I don't know.

Let me know if there is something I can do to show the travels better,

Thanx,

Opalsns

FH,

The idea came up after the mission went out, so this was a spur of the moment thing, and I really didn't want to have a traveling coin in the mission, so I made The Whole mission a TB. It seems to be working now. The problem was the map wasn't showing when folk "Discovered" the TB but I didn't realize that till last night. It actually has to be Moved. I'm learning, slow but sure!! I hope the "view map" link that Eartha spoke of in another post shows up, but I don't know.

Thanx,

Opalsns

Well I must say I got quite the chuckle moments ago a Junior cachers was proud about an hour ago that he had something done that others were working on...

Just moments ago he went by mumbling and threw himself down on the couch, and started the Wii to play football. So I asked....

Turns out your TB maps in Google Earth, his only on GC...

HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE :lol:

Ok now that is out of the way, how do I fix that?

I want to look smart when he finally asks.......

Edited by The Finding Irish 4

FH,

Thanx,

Opalsns

Well I must say I got quite the chuckle moments ago a Junior cachers was proud about an hour ago that he had something done that others were working on...

Just moments ago he went by mumbling and threw himself down on the couch, and started the Wii to play football. So I asked....

Turns out your TB maps in Google Earth, his only on GC...

HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE :lol:

Ok now that is out of the way, how do I fix that?

I want to look smart when he finally asks.......

I think he did EXTREMELY well in his post and in setting up his mission. Give him a high five from me!!!!! When I originally suggested using a TB for this I was also thinking of the TB map that is on the TB page. I hadn't thought of using google maps.....

He did perfect!!!!!

The only thing I can think is that I have a G Earth account.

And tell my little buddy, It's not perfect, It's showing the TB going Backwards, It says California was stop 1 , LOL , go figure, But the line is nice!!!!

Opalsns

If you mean a TB, yup.

I just want to get #2 up to date before the next one.

I love this Idea so much!!!!

I think FossilLady has to retrieve it and drop it in Ford Freak's Cache. And FF retrieve and drop in DJ.J Rock's. Then we'll be caught up and I'll start#1

Opalsns

Making the two missions a TB soudns like a practical idea! The persons that already received the mission can still log it, and we could all follow the route on the TB's page :rolleyes:

That sounds cool, but you wouldn't have to add the coin. Just email the info, I'll activate it and send each person the number as they recieve it. We'll do yours as mission 1 and I'll activate mission 2.

Opalsns

To keep things 'game-related' I think the project GAME coin would be a suitable one (altough a bord game instead of a card game ;-)

Opalsns, I'll send you the codes so you can activate it!

Li-Z

Making the two missions a TB soudns like a practical idea! The persons that already received the mission can still log it, and we could all follow the route on the TB's page ;)

Opalsns

To keep things 'game-related' I think the project GAME coin would be a suitable one (altough a bord game instead of a card game ;-)

Opalsns, I'll send you the codes so you can activate it!

Li-Z

Very Cool, and at the end of the mission, I''l adopt your number back to you!!!!

Edited by opalsns

ok mission 2 is on its long journey,, the PO says 5-10 days , there is a coin going to someone who really wanted one, kinda a special send. :D:D;)

;):D

You were right, i really wanted this coin :D

Today, after a hard day, i received mission 2 with a beautiful Eye of the tribl flower Ant. Copper/Silver 2 Tone.

Would love to post a picture of the mission with the coin, but my camera is broken and can not be repaired :DB)

So you will have to imagine the coin...and i can tell you, that your imagination is not big enough to imagine it :):D

A big thank you to DJ.J.ROCK, you could not have benn choosing a better coin for me :)

Mission 1 is Trackable , Thanx to LI-z , we have a trackable number that will be virtualy dropped in the Recievers Cache by the sender after the reciever posts it's arrival. I will then send the reciever the Trackable Number so they can virtualy retrieve it and virtual Drop it in the next players Cache.

This is a Trackable, Mission Cointest TB2ZQNB

Woooo Hooooooo

Opalsns

Edited by opalsns