Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Mr.Moo

Ham Radio at GeoWoodstock 8?

Is anybody setting up a 2-meter band GeoWoodstock repeater for GeoWoodstock 8 in Washington? That would be really cool!

Is anybody setting up a 2-meter band GeoWoodstock repeater for GeoWoodstock 8 in Washington? That would be really cool!

There are quite a few here already. Lots of 2m, 440 and even some 900 and 6m

What are the frequencies?

What are the frequencies?

There could be a 2 meter 'check in' station and hand out QSL cards for those attending and check in.

How about a 'Special Event station' offering a certificate? Just ideas for the local hams, but I'd work a time slot for it.

Joe

de AD4PZ

There could be a 2 meter 'check in' station and hand out QSL cards for those attending and check in.

How about a 'Special Event station' offering a certificate? Just ideas for the local hams, but I'd work a time slot for it.

Joe

de AD4PZ

That's a great idea. Hopefully we can work that out.

Mr.Moo KI6ZON

I'd certainly block out a few hours to help man a special event station while we're there...

Rick, N9GSU

If you ideas or would like to volunteer check out the forums at COWWS

I put in a request to the GeoWoodstock people to have a special event station for GeoWoodstock. I will let you know when I hear back.

-Mr.Moo KI6ZON

Edited by Mr.Moo

Good news! The friendly GeoWoodstock folks have given me permission to do a special event station. I have posted more details on the GeoWoodstock forums at http://geowoodstock.com/index.php?option=c...2&Itemid=37

Now I need volunteers to work the station and possibly loan us HF equipment.

73!

Mr.Moo

KI6ZON

I will be happy to help out Mr Moo As you know I have a HF Radio and PS (battery) that I would be happy to loan you but whe Mrs and I are most lilly flying up so you would have to take the Battery and radio or if we are going to have commerical power I can supply a switching PS

The radio in case you dont remember is a Yaesu FT 900 and you seen my fieldday battery.

I also have afew differant type of antennas we might use for HF work. let me know.

Dictaham

KD6VUM

Good news! The friendly GeoWoodstock folks have given me permission to do a special event station. I have posted more details on the GeoWoodstock forums at http://geowoodstock.com/index.php?option=c...2&Itemid=37

Now I need volunteers to work the station and possibly loan us HF equipment.

73!

Mr.Moo

KI6ZON

I will be happy to help out Mr Moo As you know I have a HF Radio and PS (battery) that I would be happy to loan you but whe Mrs and I are most lilly flying up so you would have to take the Battery and radio or if we are going to have commerical power I can supply a switching PS

The radio in case you dont remember is a Yaesu FT 900 and you seen my fieldday battery.

I also have afew differant type of antennas we might use for HF work. let me know.

Dictaham

KD6VUM

Just in case there some question you need to get answered

1)how much area are we going to have?

2)what about antenna space, what kind and how are we going to get it up?

3) do we have access to commerical power?

4)when are we going to get access to the site to set up our equipment?

5)QSL's what and how do we log for QSL's PC? paper? of course we have to require a sase. and or do use LBOW or EQSL?

6)Will we be able to get on line there?

These are just of a few things that need to be considered. I'm sure there will be more.

You know how to get ahold of me if I can be of some help. I ran a few mini DXpedtions when I was with SCRA.

The website for the Special Event Station is now up. I have contacted a local club up there and asked if they would loan us equipment. The website has a form to volunteer, so if you would like to help, please fill that out.

73!

Mr.Moo

KI6ZON

The special event callsign has been finalized: it will be W7G

Any additional developments on this?

de AD4PZ

The special event callsign has been finalized: it will be W7G

Any additional developments on this?

de AD4PZ

Yes. I am working with some nice hams in Washington and we will be having HF. Preliminary bands are 10, 15, and 20 meters.

All current info is at www.w7g.info