Who was the last Posted find

Was curious found a cache today that has not been found 1 1/2 years. I really like finding those caches that have not been found for a very long time, plus did a little maintenance, as it looks like a little critter had eaten through the Zip Lock bag so I replaced the cache was in great shape. Was wondering what your experience has been. Question is

"What is the longest time between your find and the Cacher before you" ?

Mine was 2 years and 1 month

Scubasonic

Mine was the cache "ZigZag Lake" (GCGZJQ).It was 2 years 1 month and 3 days.It is about 15 miles or so up a rough dirt road high in the Big Belt Mountains here in Montana to the trailhead and about 8-10 miles round trip hike from there.

We have an area in Oregon called Zig Zag nice going.

Scubasonic

I was FTF on a cache that was 1 months and 2 days shy of a year old. It wasn't even a hard one, it was a long ways up a dirt road but you could park within 50' of the cache and it was correctly rated at 2/1.5. Someone else found it 2 days later and now it hasn't been found in over 8 months.

WOW that is cool and a FTF to boot Great Job.

Scubasonic

I was FTF on a cache that was 1 months and 2 days shy of a year old. It wasn't even a hard one, it was a long ways up a dirt road but you could park within 50' of the cache and it was correctly rated at 2/1.5. Someone else found it 2 days later and now it hasn't been found in over 8 months.

That's an impressive FTF story!

Question is

I "play" a little differently, my question is: "What is the longest time between your find and the Cacher after you" ?

For me, it is 1 year 8 months, still counting. The cache was my first FTF, 9 months after publishing, and the only log after mine is a maintenance log.

Was curious found a cache today that has not been found 1 1/2 years. I really like finding those caches that have not been found for a very long time, plus did a little maintenance, as it looks like a little critter had eaten through the Zip Lock bag so I replaced the cache was in great shape. Was wondering what your experience has been. Question is

Mine was 2 years and 1 month

Scubasonic

I just posted about a cache in another thread that I am hoping to find this summer. It was last found in August 2005. It had a DNF in July 2006 and the CO replaced the cache a week later. It was just disabled a couple of weeks ago because when the CO moved it he didn't updated the published coordinates (the updated coordinates are in his log though). I was hoping to find this one for my 1000th cache but will probably go for it in the next few weeks just in case it's archived. It's only accessible by boat and the closest launch point is 3.5 miles away.

Mine was Box of Madness, GCQGHY. It is in an area of the state that doesn't get that much traffic, and was listed as needing a boat. If you are willing to figure out the roads in a new development you can now drive pretty near. I found it 16 months after the finder before me, and then it was found again less than a week later.

Mine was Box of Madness, GCQGHY. It is in an area of the state that doesn't get that much traffic, and was listed as needing a boat. If you are willing to figure out the roads in a new development you can now drive pretty near. I found it 16 months after the finder before me, and then it was found again less than a week later.

Very good luck to you.

SS