Travel Bug missions/ideas

sweetcandy53704

I just got 2 travel bugs for my birthday & I wanted to know if anyone had any great mission ideas for me to send them out on.

Also, do I have to attach the bugs to something?

Thanks!!

Well, I'll answer the easier one first. No, you do not have to attach the TB tag to something. However, with it not being attached to something it will make it a lot more likely to be overlooked as people dig through the cache. Since it will settle to the bottom of the cache and stay there.

As far a great mission idea goes I'd suggest sending your TB to do something you'd love to do. Say for example if you've always dreamed of visiting New Zealand and you live in Ohio release it near your home with a mission to go to New Zealand and once it arrives there to remain there for the rest of it's traveling days. Of course if you request people to post pictures of it's journey and if they comply with your request then you can kind of live vicariously through the travels of your TB.

Good luck and hopefully your TBs will survive for years and years and visit lots of interesting locations. :D

You don't have to attach your TB tag to anything but most cachers do find something to send out traveling. I often find something lurking in a drawer, or in a charity shop and think, "That would make an interesting TB, with a mission to... whatever."

I'm sure something will inspire you eventually!

There are plenty of TBs out wandering the world which don't have any mission - They just move around in random fashion.

Have fun with your TB page when you set it up - It's also a good idea to add a photo of the TB, but make sure that you don't show the tracking number on the TB tag.

Keep the Copy tag somewhere safe in case the original TB disappears and you need to send out a duplicate some time in the future.

Safe travels to your TB! :D

MrsB

I just recently launched my first two TBs, one is an ashtraw with the mission of getting to Amsterdam, and the other is an old Subaru badge with the mission of getting to the Subaru factory in Japan. Just be creative, thnk of something you'd like to see or do, then send a bug there! Las Vegas, an oil well in Alaska, Mt. Rushmore, a beach in Jamaica, whatever, the sky is the limit! Keep in mind that once you release it, of course, there's no garentee that it's going to make it's goal, but you never know! I picked one up once, it was a Matchbox Jeep with the dogtag, and when I got home and logged it, found out that it had started in Australia with the goal of getting to the Rubicon trail in New mexico, i think, and it had made it, and it's new goal is to get back home. it has something like 35k miles of travel under its belt now!

Edited by Hrethgir

Say for example if you've always dreamed of visiting New Zealand and you live in Ohio release it near your home with a mission to go to New Zealand and once it arrives there to remain there for the rest of it's traveling days. Of course if you request people to post pictures of it's journey and if they comply with your request then you can kind of live vicariously through the travels of your TB.

Sounds very familiar! ;)

All above mentioned goals are more fun and more acceptable than the one I found today: a bug attached to Jesus-parafernalia, only to be found out when you see it! :grin:

I believe the TB is the wrong platform to evangelise.

Grtz,

Twent :P

Edited by Twent

I wanted to suggest that if the TB has a specific goal that you should make that goal clear and even go so far as to attach it to the bug.

I picked up a TB at a rest stop (west bound I-70) on the Kansas-Colorado stateline. There was no indication of where it wanted to go. When I logged it that night in Denver I found that it wanted to remain in Kansas and visit the four corners of the state while visiting as many Kansas caches as possible. Well, I was west bound and it wasn't until I was deep in the Rockie mountains that I found a cache site big enough for a TB. I'm sure it will be a long time before it finds its way back to Kansas. If there had been one of those small luggage tags (sold where they make copies of keys) on it that told me what it wanted I would never had picked it up.

Just a thought.

I just got 2 travel bugs for my birthday & I wanted to know if anyone had any great mission ideas for me to send them out on.

Also, do I have to attach the bugs to something?

Thanks!!

What about to travel to all new or old wonders of the world (or both of them, new and old)?