Caching in or near Misawa (Aomori-ken), Japan?

Jackalgirl

Howdy!

I'm happy to announce the startup of a group in Misawa, the Misawa Geocachers Organization (MiGO)!

We're holding our first-ever event, a Meet & Greet, at the Global Kitchen restaurant on Sunday, June 21, from 6-9pm. Please come and join us if you're in the area.

Note that, as of this moment, everything's in English: the organization is maintained by people stationed at the Misawa Air Base and has bylaws & a constitution in lines with the Air Force's requirements for official organization. However, everyone is welcome! Membership isn't restricted to those at the Air Base; anyone can become a member (or a Friend of MiGO, which is the free level of membership).

Please bear with the fairly rough website; I'm still working on the coding to get things like the membership signup working. But if you plan to be in Misawa on the 21st of June, please stop by the event page, post a "will attend", and come for some good food & geocaching conversations!

Hello.  Jackalgirl-san.

We are tuck&green ( 2 adult ).

Congratulations on the holding of MiGO's first event.

We want to attend the event but we cannot speak English. ;)

Could you permit our attendance?

If we may attend, we post a "will attend".

Thank you.

Hi, Tuck-san and Green-san! I was hoping that you, in particular, would see this announcement. Yes, absolutely yes, you are very welcome -- please come!

I do not speak Japanese, but I will see if I can find someone to be there who can speak Japanese. We do not want to leave you out.

I am very looking forward to meeting both of you!

Edited by Jackalgirl

Hi there, I would like to post a TB to you for the event (I'm not sure whether it will be in time though - I want to try anyway) :-) Could you please provide me with a postal address where I can send it to?

Thanks for your help!

I don't think there's any way to get a TB to us in time since the event is less than a week away. If you're dead set on overnighting the bug (which is what you'd have to do), send me an email through my profile and I can get you some contact information.

However! If you're just interested in releasing a bug in Northern Japan, there's no need to go through the expense of overnighting a bug. Just email me and I'd be happy to make arrangements for you to get a bug here to be released in a local cache. Alternately, we do plan on having these events once per month (and we're going to be holding a larger 09-09-09 event, so if you're interested in having a bug or two visit other events, then (once again) shoot me an email through my profile and I'll be happy to work something out with you. : )