Colorado 300 vs 60Csx

I just noticed that the Colorado 300 is on sale at Best Buy for the same price as the 60Csx I just ordered from Amazon.com. Anyone with experience with the Colorado 300? I'm wondering if I should return my 60Csx and get the Colorado instead. Accuracy is my top priority, with street navigation as my second. Thanks!

If you don't care about the paperless caching features on the CO, stick with the 60CSX.

I would beg to differ. The Colorado is newer technology, and although it had some issues and bugs, I still think it out-performs the 60CsX. Obviously, you can get or give any opinion you want on the forums, so use your own best judgment when reading our advice. After all, we ARE just giving our opinions.

From my personal experience the CO 300 is NOT very accurate. My older Venture Cx produced more accurate (repeatable) tracks. Having said that, I prefer the CO 300 for map viewing and keeping a signal, accuracy is not my top priority.

My belief is the Mediatek chip inside the CO is an automotive chip and not optimized for low speed handheld uses. The SIRF chip inside the 60/76 is much better at low speeds.

If you don't care about the paperless caching features on the CO, stick with the 60CSX.

I would beg to differ. The Colorado is newer technology, and although it had some issues and bugs, I still think it out-performs the 60CsX. Obviously, you can get or give any opinion you want on the forums, so use your own best judgment when reading our advice. After all, we ARE just giving our opinions.

Normally that would be the correct assumption. The Colorado is much newer than the 60CSx and at one time (before the Oregon?) was sorta Garmin's newest flagship GPSr, so you'd think it would do "everything" better than the aging 60CSx.

Well, nope :P Don't ask me why but Garmin's newer models just aren't more accurate than "old 60". I wish I knew why lol. Some claim it's because of contract reasons Garmin can't/won't use the best hardware & antennas & chipsets in their new units.. who knows :D