Pocket PC geocaching app

There is a freeware windows mobile app (which is awesome) that has been discussed in other threads. These threads have been deleted. Anyone know why? I have purposely not mentioned its name, for fear of this thread being deleted.

It is truly an amazing app, and it would be nice to share the info about it with others.

Anyone know what's up?

There is a freeware windows mobile app (which is awesome) that has been discussed in other threads. These threads have been deleted. Anyone know why? I have purposely not mentioned its name, for fear of this thread being deleted.

It is truly an amazing app, and it would be nice to share the info about it with others.

Anyone know what's up?

There are some apps out there that specifically violate the Groundspeak TOS (Terms of Service). When those apps are pointed out to Groundspeak, they do tend to halt their discussion on their own forums, but you can't really blame them for that. I suspect that the application which you are referring to is one which has done just that.

I took a look at the program last night and I think I might know why it's being "hushed". It uses the Groundspeak-trademarked logo as part of the program. It might also be scraping data from the site in an inappropriate way.

Maybe. I'm only guessing.

It does look like a cool program. If I had a WinMobile phone I would give it a try. I don't, so... I'm just leaving it in my geocaching folder in my bookmarks.

I took a look at the program last night and I think I might know why it's being "hushed". It uses the Groundspeak-trademarked logo as part of the program. It might also be scraping data from the site in an inappropriate way.

It does look like a cool program. If I had a WinMobile phone I would give it a try. I don't, so... I'm just leaving it in my geocaching folder in my bookmarks.

A word of caution on using it. IF your IP address is identified as going against TOS, your IP address can be banned unless you can convincingly demonstrate (doubtful) you didn't know what the program was doing.

A word of caution on using it. IF your IP address is identified as going against TOS, your IP address can be banned unless you can convincingly demonstrate (doubtful) you didn't know what the program was doing.

Any hints as to which program it is. I have about 6 freeware and trial apps on my new HTC Diamond that I'm trying out wouldn't want to unknowingly violate the TOS.

I wont give the name of the programme, but also have now had a thread deleted when I discussed it. I have contacted the developer and urged him to rectify the programme so that it is not in conflict with Groundspeak. It is a great shame that there is conflict, as he has written something brilliant for caching on a WM device. Please PM me if you would like to discuss the matter further. If a group of us apply pressure on the developer, we could perhaps convince him to make whatever changes Groundspeak wants.