Overnight hiking caches?

I was wondering if anyone knows of any caches that require overnight hiking/backpacking. Here in Michigan we have an event coming up which you get ferried to an island and you only have what you can carry. Seems like a great event but I can't go. But it got me to wondering what other caches there might be that I could try and plan a trip like that to do. Anywhere in the United States would be fine. Any level of skill required would be fine as well. I will just look them over and decide if I could do it. This isn't a trip I would take any time soon as I don't have any of the equipment I would need for such a trip but one day.

I can't think of any off hand that require an overnight trip, but I've done several as overnight trips. One outstanding cache that comes to mind is Tongue Wagger in the Adirondacks near Lake George. It's a 5 stage multi involving a pretty tough, 12 mile hike. Most people do it as a long day hike, but I turned it into a two night backpacking trip.

Another is

in the Catskills. It's only a 4 mile direct hike from the road, but we added a climb over a nearby peak to turn it into an overnight trip.

There are some really amazing ones outside Seward, AK. The ones that would require backpacking are around Fort McGilvray, which was a WWII-era outpost. It's about a 7 mile hike, which isn't so long, but it can only be done at low tide, so an overnight stay is often required. Totally worth the trip. If you've got more time, there are several caches on the other side of Resurrection Bay that require kayaks to get to that would make a good multi-day expedition.

Las Vegas has Mt Wilson and Bridge Mountain. Neither require a night's stay, but you may choose to do so (camping above 5000') and make both finds in one trip? I heard it can be done from the Rocky Gap road route, finding Bridge first, walking the ridges, then camping on the mountain and finding Wilson second. With planning, this can be done in a 2 day stay! This was what Tod and I planned when we went after them, but we opted to stay in warm beds when the conditions changed on us!

IF you plan to do this, PLEASE let me know as I would LOVE to join you!

I was wondering if anyone knows of any caches that require overnight hiking/backpacking. Here in Michigan we have an event coming up which you get ferried to an island and you only have what you can carry. Seems like a great event but I can't go. But it got me to wondering what other caches there might be that I could try and plan a trip like that to do. Anywhere in the United States would be fine. Any level of skill required would be fine as well. I will just look them over and decide if I could do it. This isn't a trip I would take any time soon as I don't have any of the equipment I would need for such a trip but one day.

Here is one that is close to what yo are asking about done this past weekend Geo MoJo #13 "I" just want to go home and this event camping on da lake after da big one

it turned out well, read the logs

Joe

4h drive from SSM,MI border you can check out some Baie Fine caches like GCPXNJ or GCPWGG - The entire Trail takes 7 days of backcountry hiking - but you could likely make it to the caches in one day, campout, then head back. If you want to do both of those caches, i recommend 3 days.