Hydrologic River HISTORY needed for Cache Description

I need help with general information to aide in the clarification on info of a geocache I had. Since it pertains to one of my geocaches in general, but the question itself is different, I did not konw weather to do this in geocaching topics or Offtopic, please dont scold me if I am wrong...

My Geocache GCQ4ZM Gateway to a Sunken City is a MAJOR nessicity to the Missouri DeLorme Challenge, because it lies on 'page 59' which is a very small box on the page (that is why it is very important for quick correction info)

The problem is that it is along the Mississippi River that has been flooding up and down for several weeks now. Although it is close enough to Maintain if muggled or damaged, I dont have the gas to go every single day to watch the river level.

I need track of the river level because I posted that if the river was above 28 feet, you have to get to it by boat. And I posted the NOAA Hydrological River Data Link at the location. I can monitor river levels by a bridge I cross nearly everyday to get gas in MO (15 cents cheaper than IL)

Well I guestimated wrong. Here are the Facts: Last find was March 22, where someone took a boat to it; March 23, I went out there (by coincidence) and it was down to just mud (returning to my car with 10 lbs of mud with me)

Question is: I have the website for the NOAA Hydrological Data for current river levels. Is there a way to look into the history and see what the river level was at Chester, IL on March 23?

I have tried and tied researching the history or Past river levels and the NOAA website does not have it. If anyone knows how to look at Hydrological Data for a past certain day, can they please post a link?

The link for river data is [a href=http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=lsx&gage=chsi2&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1] River Levels [/a] Thank you.

Edited by rockey_f_squirrell

I need help with general information to aide in the clarification on info of a geocache I had. Since it pertains to one of my geocaches in general, but the question itself is different, I did not konw weather to do this in geocaching topics or Offtopic, please dont scold me if I am wrong...

My Geocache GCQ4ZM Gateway to a Sunken City is a MAJOR nessicity to the Missouri DeLorme Challenge, because it lies on 'page 59' which is a very small box on the page (that is why it is very important for quick correction info)

The problem is that it is along the Mississippi River that has been flooding up and down for several weeks now. Although it is close enough to Maintain if muggled or damaged, I dont have the gas to go every single day to watch the river level.

I need track of the river level because I posted that if the river was above 28 feet, you have to get to it by boat. And I posted the NOAA Hydrological River Data Link at the location. I can monitor river levels by a bridge I cross nearly everyday to get gas in MO (15 cents cheaper than IL)

Well I guestimated wrong. Here are the Facts: Last find was March 22, where someone took a boat to it; March 23, I went out there (by coincidence) and it was down to just mud (returning to my car with 10 lbs of mud with me)

Question is: I have the website for the NOAA Hydrological Data for current river levels. Is there a way to look into the history and see what the river level was at Chester, IL on March 23?

I have tried and tied researching the history or Past river levels and the NOAA website does not have it. If anyone knows how to look at Hydrological Data for a past certain day, can they please post a link?

The link for river data is [a href=http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=lsx&gage=chsi2&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1] River Levels [/a] Thank you.

You want the USGS website instead of the NOAA website. There is a link on the NOAA page you linked to that says 'U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) Data and Site Info for Chester'.

Unfortunately, the data you want is the 'Real-time data', which is only available going back 60 days. For that river gauge, it gives you hourly readings. You can still retrieve the 'Daily data', but that gives you an average level for the day, which can be significantly lower than the peak level, which is what you really want.

We live in a flood-prone area, so I'm very familiar with these websites, as I use them to guess whether we can get to or from home during floods.