Ability to find caches only in a certain Direction

JBDiver

It would be nice to type in a zip code and then request only caches that are North, South, East or West of that central point. It would greatly cut back on the number of caches I download just to get a certain area I want to work on.

It would be nice to type in a zip code and then request only caches that are North, South, East or West of that central point. It would greatly cut back on the number of caches I download just to get a certain area I want to work on.

Perhaps you could use the new cache along a route functionality to do that.

Jim

This would be a great option. We live on the coast with Vancouver Island about 20 miles to the south-southwest. When we do a pocket query we get many caches that we have no hope of going after unless we take two ferries and have 6 hours to spare just travelling. GSAK will let us filter out by distance but it would be great to do it at the source PQ. Then we could get 500 caches that are possible to do instead of 500 less all the ones across the Sound we can't get to.

Edited by Afternoonshift

Its pretty easy if you use cachemate. Before our Oregon that is how we did it. Picked the direction and it would list the caches.

I know this is not the answer to your question.

Perhaps you could use the new cache along a route functionality to do that.

Jim

That is how I would tackle the issue.