BRAND NEW MYSTERY GEOCOIN! WooT

LoriDarlin

I too was honored to receive one of these beautiful coins in the mail today. Thank you to whomever is sending these out. I don't hang out in here too much any more so it was a complete surprise to me when I opened the package that I had apparently sent to myself :mad: The artwork is so detailed, the metal is one of my favorite metals and I love that is is round!! A truly classic coin to me. Thanks again, and I assure the sender that it will have a safe and happy home in my coin collection.

Chris-Team Shydog

I too was honored to receive one of these beautiful coins in the mail today. Thank you to whomever is sending these out. I don't hang out in here too much any more so it was a complete surprise to me when I opened the package that I had apparently sent to myself :mad: The artwork is so detailed, the metal is one of my favorite metals and I love that is is round!! A truly classic coin to me. Thanks again, and I assure the sender that it will have a safe and happy home in my coin collection.

Chris-Team Shydog

Yeah, well. To anyone that doesn't know you, lemme splain. You're probably the one person I could pick from any walk of life I dabble in that never says a discouraging word about anyone, always smiles, and helps out everyone even when it sucks. You're the most deserving guy I could pick.

So congrats dude. . . :mad:

HEY... Im in LUCK! :D

Went to the PO Box last night with EmmaGem and swoop up a lil package to me from me...I LOVE THOSE! :blink:

I opened it and gave it to her, not even looking at it. I felt detail as she swooped it up and stared at it, then she smiled :huh: She checked both sides and when I wanted to see it, she wasnt haven it! "nooooooo" GIMMEE THAT COIN SWEET BABY!~ Swooped it back and checked my prize, VERY COOL coin! :D

I tried to take a pic, but had left my memory card in my buddies computer :blink: ... Maybe we'll reinact it for ya, but for now...THANKS FOR THE LUCK! and congrats to all lucky and protected geocachers :laughing:

CACHE HARD and CACHE ON :o

HEY... Im in LUCK! :D

Went to the PO Box last night with EmmaGem and swoop up a lil package to me from me...I LOVE THOSE! :blink:

I opened it and gave it to her, not even looking at it. I felt detail as she swooped it up and stared at it, then she smiled :huh: She checked both sides and when I wanted to see it, she wasnt haven it! "nooooooo" GIMMEE THAT COIN SWEET BABY!~ Swooped it back and checked my prize, VERY COOL coin! :D

I tried to take a pic, but had left my memory card in my buddies computer :blink: ... Maybe we'll reinact it for ya, but for now...THANKS FOR THE LUCK! and congrats to all lucky and protected geocachers :laughing:

CACHE HARD and CACHE ON :o

Way to go BigD.... couldn't happen to a nicer coiner!!

A few weeks ago one dozen of these cool coins arrived in a package for my November event in Iraq. They are now with cachers and in caches in Iraq, Afghanistan and Qatar. Thank you Mystery Coiner. We can all use a little extra Luck and Protection out here in this part of the world.

This is one very nice mystery coin. It is awesome some were send over for the event.

A few weeks ago one dozen of these cool coins arrived in a package for my November event in Iraq. They are now with cachers and in caches in Iraq, Afghanistan and Qatar. Thank you Mystery Coiner. We can all use a little extra Luck and Protection out here in this part of the world.

Hope it protects you and brings you all home safely. That was really nice they were sent to you. Stay safe.

Congrates to all who have get this great Coin.

This is one of my favorite coins, and i would love to get one.

I hold my finger crossed for christmas and i hope this great coin find´s a way into may mailbox.

So far i wish you a merry christmas and a new year with many Luck and Protection ;-)

Greatings René

Me too my friend! me too! :D It is a lovely coin and I hope to see it from close one day! :D

I was away from home awhile and when i returned i found one of these in my mail.

I have been packing this with me everywhere i go now as i really needed a speacial geocoin like this.

I also tucked a little Gaurdian Angel Token i got from Lori Darlin in with this coin to pack around together.

Thanks for the wonderful coin.

I can hardley speak.

I just recieved this Beautiful Coin today in my mailbox.

There are some life things going on and recieving this today,brought me to tears.

Thank You, Mystery LUCK and PROTECTION Geocoin Sender.

You have sent such good wishes, it gives me hope!!!!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You !

I am so very honored to recieve this coin.

Opalsns

I can hardley speak.

There are some life things going on and recieving this today,brought me to tears.

Opalsns

Congrates to all.

I would also love to say thank you, thank you, thank you.

I hope the day will come. :blink:

Best regards René

I can hardley speak.

Opalsns

Going through some rough times of my own. Know how much this coin means to you, congratulations.... you deserve it. (PS Hope all goes well.)

And CONGRATS to everyone who has received this wonderful coin. B)

Interesting! I just found this one (#172) in the "Glacial Wetlands" cache (GCN43Z) with BradXn and some of our assorted mini-Xn. Is this coin still a mystery, or am I missing something?

I'll add it to my collection next to my Moun10Bike wooden coin. (Two makes a collection, correct? :) )

-The Xnz

c0fa203e-f534-472f-8b43-3f8257d2e1fa.jpg

I took my place just before the poker tourney at GCF earlier this evening - nipped out to the bathroom before the game started and came back to discover this beautiful coin underneath my bag of poker chips!

WOW!!! Thank you very much to the mystery donor of this coin, I'm honoured to be adding it to my collection, and hope it will bring me some luck!

Wendy did you win the Poker Game? Congratulations to hear about receiving this mystery geocoin, WooHoo:) The only time we say one of these was on the Auction, what a really nice Mystery Geocoin.

At the Friday night event, I was sitting with a friend who was looking through my box of traders, when he pulled this coin out and said, "What is this coin?" Well, I had no idea, I'd never seen it before. We both decided, MYSTERY COIN and examined it closely. It's really lovely. Jackalgirl was able to shed some light on it and tell us the name of the coin and a little about the history of the imagery on it. Some generous person must have kindly dropped it into my box during the course of the evening. A huge and happy THANK YOU to whomever that was.

Does anyone know how many variations (metal finishes) there are for this coin?

I recently came to own one copper and one silver

any other versions?

thank you in advance

Information

Designer:

Mint:

Coin Stats: 3D, antique gold, sequentially numbered

Additional comments:

Lovely Chinese inspired mystery geocoin featuring a stylized great wall of china around the symbols for luck and protection.

Luck side: Leatherman variant geocaching symbol, pair of chinese dragons, chinese characters 吉 祥 jí xiáng = auspiciousness

吉 jí = lucky, auspicious, propitious. The original pictograph meant "put the weapons away in a box" ie: there were no wars or disasters.

祥 xiáng = "great luck" or "fortune". The left part means "of God", the right means "lamb". Coin contains a mild typo in the character. Sheep in ancient times was a lucky animal like dragon or phoenix. It is also a common name for boys.