BRAND NEW MYSTERY GEOCOIN! WooT

LoriDarlin

I vote you start with luck! :D

Well, I will start with Luck then...

I found this mailer in my box this morning, and was surprised to see that I had sent something to myself, even though I still have so many things to send to other people. I didn't open the envelope until after I had sifted through the other 5 weeks worth of mail, which included a notice that they had a Package for me to sign for from Australia! Unfortunatly, there was also a "Final Notice" for that package, which indicated that it would be sent back on June 6(three days ago).

I had to go check at the window anyway, and I found out that the computer indicated that the package had indeed started it's trip back to Australia. Kyle(at the window) said that there was a form I could fill out to maybe get it headed back in the right direction. When I went to the front counter and inquired about the form, they told me that it wasn't for this purpose, but it was for for getting back mail that I had sent. They gave me a number to call in an effort to reverse the damage. That was for the Postal Inspection Service. These people told me that they would get in touch with Customer Support(or something like that). A little while later I received a call back that the package had been scanned into the unclaimed package system(yesterday), and might already be on the way to Los Angeles, to catch a ride out of the country.

They gave me yet another number to call for someone to see if it could be found before getting too far. After explaining my situation to about the 5th person, Sue told me that she would talk to the right people when they arrived. I guess she is a very good talker, since about twenty minutes later, I got a phone call from Kyle, who had gotten a call from the "Right People" who had gotten a call from Sue!! It turns out that the Package had fallen off the side of a shelf in the locker, and never made it into the bin going back into the system!! I am so lucky that my package got lost in the Post Office!! Now I have all my Bushfire Appeal Geocoins to share!! Thank You mysterious Coin Sender for my fantastic bit of Luck!!

I vote you start with luck! :D

Well, I will start with Luck then...

I found this mailer in my box this morning, and was surprised to see that I had sent something to myself, even though I still have so many things to send to other people. I didn't open the envelope until after I had sifted through the other 5 weeks worth of mail, which included a notice that they had a Package for me to sign for from Australia! Unfortunatly, there was also a "Final Notice" for that package, which indicated that it would be sent back on June 6(three days ago).

I had to go check at the window anyway, and I found out that the computer indicated that the package had indeed started it's trip back to Australia. Kyle(at the window) said that there was a form I could fill out to maybe get it headed back in the right direction. When I went to the front counter and inquired about the form, they told me that it wasn't for this purpose, but it was for for getting back mail that I had sent. They gave me a number to call in an effort to reverse the damage. That was for the Postal Inspection Service. These people told me that they would get in touch with Customer Support(or something like that). A little while later I received a call back that the package had been scanned into the unclaimed package system(yesterday), and might already be on the way to Los Angeles, to catch a ride out of the country.

They gave me yet another number to call for someone to see if it could be found before getting too far. After explaining my situation to about the 5th person, Sue told me that she would talk to the right people when they arrived. I guess she is a very good talker, since about twenty minutes later, I got a phone call from Kyle, who had gotten a call from the "Right People" who had gotten a call from Sue!! It turns out that the Package had fallen off the side of a shelf in the locker, and never made it into the bin going back into the system!! I am so lucky that my package got lost in the Post Office!! Now I have all my Bushfire Appeal Geocoins to share!! Thank You mysterious Coin Sender for my fantastic bit of Luck!!

WOW WSRobert - You WERE Lucky ! ! ! I am so glad that this coin rub off onto you - yes, I believe that even though you didn't open it that just the mere fact that it was sent to you - IT WORKED ! ! ! Also, it appeared that you Did touch it before knowing any of the other stuff went on :D

Oh Yeah, Congratulations !

And...

Here's how this Coin has brought me Protection...

In order to get my last load to our Salt Lake City terminal ontime I had to drive through the night from North Platte, NE. Shortly after I started out, I came to some interesting weather. There was a line of thunderstorms for about 100 miles between my fuelstop in Oglalla and my lunch break in Cheyenne. One of these storms was giving me a great light show as I approached, with the lightning through the clouds in the distance.

That was all good and well, until it came time for me to drive THROUGH the storm! Once I got into the storm ther rain really started coming down hard. There was actually a point where I couldn't see the road in front of me. I was going 60 miles an hour, and couldn't even see. As I slowed the truck down to a safer speed, the rain finally let up a little. This is when I could tell that I was halfway across the other lane, and headed toward the center median. Thanks to some Mysterious Protection, the weakening rain let me see where I was before anything bad happened! If it had rained that hard for just 10-20 more seconds, I would have had quite a wreck that night.

Thank you mysterious Coin Sender. I have gotten Luck AND Protection now.

I had my dash camera running as I approached the storm...Here's the Video Clip...

Wow, those are great stories WSRobert! Really happy the weather lightened up! My father's pickup was flipped by someone losing traction when it was raining and hitting his car. He's fine now, but let me tell you, that was an awful phone call to take!

Very happy you have gotten both luck and protection. :grin:

This one I found on photobuck and it says "protection". The left symbol looks like the left one on the lion side of the geocoin.

protection.gif

I put the word "Luck" and then the word "Protection" into the Google translator. Each of the answers I got included the first character on the corresponting side of the Coin.

from Luck...吉祥物

1608190c-4856-4609-b857-7776bf71bf41.jpg

from Protection...保護

ae85f38b-bff2-4c79-ba42-4c4fda45a98c.jpg

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

This one I found on photobuck and it says "protection". The left symbol looks like the left one on the lion side of the geocoin.

protection.gif

I put the word "Luck" and then the word "Protection" into the Google translator. Each of the answers I got included the first character on the corresponting side of the Coin.

from Luck...吉祥物

1608190c-4856-4609-b857-7776bf71bf41.jpg

from Protection...保護

ae85f38b-bff2-4c79-ba42-4c4fda45a98c.jpg

Great pics... and Wow, thats pretty awesome how the whole front looks like a lion face

This morning when Rick brought in the mail, I was confused to see a mailer addressed to me from me. As most of you know, I'm selling off my geocoin collection and for the past few months the only mailers I receive in the mail are donations for GCF. So I am sure you can see my confusion when I receive a mailer to myself without any indication it was for GCF (plus, I generally always know when something for GCF is being mailed my direction).

Anyway, I was shocked to find this lovely mystery coin inside! I love all coins with asian influence. I love how this coin was designed to offer luck and protection to geocachers. At this point I really need both, but mainly the luck part.

Thank you to whomever sent me this lovely coin. I will cherish it and it will not leave what is left of my "keeper" coins.

Well it seems lately that if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all with more car repairs and also a leaky roof after the last storm. Today I was feeling pretty down in the mouth. I got the mail and no bills--great! But there were also 3 mailers and I didn't remember that I was expecting anything. One was to me from me but I'm not in the habit of mailing things to myself as I think its easier to hand deliver. ;) When I opened it there was the Luck and Protection Mystery Geocoin!! WOW!! I just know now that my luck has turned around. It is such a great coin! <_< It is in my pocket right now and will stay there. It seems that the mystery senders know when someone needs a pick me up. Thanks so much for putting a smile back on my face today. ;)

I love the design, and would love to recieve one of those. Martial arts and asian culture is something I have been fond of very much in my life, infact i have a wax burner sitting infront of me with the goodluck ,happiness, and love on it, and also my throwing spikes and stars ,,, ;) as a student of Ninpo (ninja) I greatly admire the small messages these symbols have to offer.

TOday after a loong streak of bad luck i found this coin,WOW oh WOW,,, i sure do hope it works, even right now as i write this on my lunch my daughter and wife are out at water world and i couldent go because i had to work ,, its my daughters first visit to the water world, and it just luck they got to go and i couldent. i really feel im missing out on the fun times in her small childness due to work,, may be time to find a new job..... tho im also lucky to have been able to keep a job thru the rough times. things at home have been very rocky or more like bolderish, and hope things turn for the better, , anyway enuff with my rant,,,

hey have i told ya what number i am,,, 96... this coin is soo cool,, i love it, and really need the luck and protection, im gonna carry it around for a few days and see what happends,, then ill return with my stories.

i dunno who you are coin gifter, but i really needed something like this right now,, thank you sooooo much. :D:D

I've been out of the forums for a few months..... And just recently started trading geocoins again..... Today I received two mailers. Opened the first one, and it was a coin I was expecting..... Opened the second one, and didn't recognize the coin. Looked at the From address, and it was me. Wait.... Oooooh, it must be a Mystery coin. Cool!!

Thanks to the wonderful cacher who designed this (it's beautiful!!) and chose to send me one. I really appreciate it. Makes me feel good to be back among the geocoin people -- where I belong ;)

TOday after a loong streak of bad luck i found this coin,WOW oh WOW,,, i sure do hope it works, even right now as i write this on my lunch my daughter and wife are out at water world and i couldent go because i had to work ,, its my daughters first visit to the water world, and it just luck they got to go and i couldent. i really feel im missing out on the fun times in her small childness due to work,, may be time to find a new job..... tho im also lucky to have been able to keep a job thru the rough times. things at home have been very rocky or more like bolderish, and hope things turn for the better, , anyway enuff with my rant,,,

hey have i told ya what number i am,,, 96... this coin is soo cool,, i love it, and really need the luck and protection, im gonna carry it around for a few days and see what happends,, then ill return with my stories.

i dunno who you are coin gifter, but i really needed something like this right now,, thank you sooooo much. :mad::)

Awesome Day!! I found a bubbler addressed to me and from me in my mailbox....a geocacher wisdom and protection mystery coin! it is beautiful, functional, and a very generous gift. Namaste.

Congrats to both of you...thats awesome!

I check my mail once a week due to work. I picked up the mail and saw the envelope. I was so excited to open the package and see the coin. It is a beautiful design and holds a special place in my life. Thank you very much for granting my only heart's desire. I am truly thankful.

I just got back from Caching in Canada, eh? And had a package in my mailbox (which happened to be scorched), well, to my surprise there's a coin with a dragon on it in there and apparently I mailed the coin to myself?

Anyone know anything about this coin? And to whomever sent it. A big. Thank you! :D:):)

WOW!! We just got home from the coast and this wonderful coin was waiting in our mailbox! What a beauty! I feel very honored to have received one of these. I don't spend nearly as much time in here as I used to (mainly to avoid temptation :D ) but it's nice to know that someone out there is still thinking of me :) We're part of the planning committee for GeoWoodstock VIII, so we'll need all the Luck and Protection we can get in the coming year, that's for sure!! Thank You Mystery Geocoin Giver! You're thoughtfulness and generosity are very much appreciated!

coins005.jpg