Who's up for the Journal?

501_Gang

On June 27th a large group of cachers are going to attack the town of East Peoria, Illinois and do The Journal (GC484C). Some of us are camping and others will be staying in the local hotels.

If you have a facebook account search events for Journey to the Journal AKA Journalator.

Any and all are welcome we should be at the trail head by 8:00 am Central.

Any question post it here or on the event page on facebook and not on the cache page (we don’t want to fill up the cache page with notes!)

Edited by 501_Gang

On June 27th a large group of cachers are going to attack the town of East Peoria, Illinois and do The Journal (GC484C). Some of us are camping and others will be staying in the local hotels.

If you have a facebook account search events for Journey to the Journal AKA Journalator.

Any and all are welcome we should be at the trail head by 8:00 am Central.

Any question post it here or on the event page on facebook and not on the cache page (we don’t want to fill up the cache page with notes!)

We're going to do this? Oh yes I did say yes to this one.

I like POP tarts! For career day in school we got to make pop tarts once. They wouldn't let us cook them though, so, they weren't good. Oh, the joys of growing up in Cereal City!

So, I've been scouting out a new backpack for this trip. HOLY COW! Anyone interested in donating to the Amber Needs a New Backpack fund, please contact me.

For those that don't have a Facebook account, here is the basic information listed:

Contact me for more information, or with any questions!

Camping Info: We will be staying at McLean County Parks. You can find their info at the link above, or by copying and pasting this link:

http://www.mcleancountyil.gov/Parks/Camping.htm

We are staying at site 56, and right now there are quite a few sites in that loop available, however, they did say they will fill VERY quickly. Get your reservations in NOW. This loop is electric, and we got a 30amp site for $44.00 for both nights.

This is a no alcohol park, and aside from that little issue, they are geocaching friendly.

Closest hotels would be in Bloomington, Illinois, which is about 10 minutes from where we will be camping. If you do a search, you will find about 3 dozen options for hotels.

This cache has been taunting me for some time. Several years ago, some of us got to talking about hitting this cache. As years have passed, more and more cachers have come onboard with an interest in joining us. As the numbers grow, we decided we should open this up to the caching community.

Read the cache page, and see if you are up to joining us!

I have site 54, The Herd & 501 has 56, and I know that 53 has a cacher on it.

That is the area you want.

It's electric (which I don't need, well maybe as a cacher I do...), but to be in a group its fine for a few extra dollars.

Site 53 is Busymom23 and JTBrady01 has site 60

Edited by 501_Gang

I have site 54, The Herd & 501 has 56, and I know that 53 has a cacher on it.

That is the area you want.

It's electric (which I don't need, well maybe as a cacher I do...), but to be in a group its fine for a few extra dollars.

Site 53 is Busymom23 and JTBrady01 has site 60

Site 49 is Gumby11883

I didn't either. I believe that would be Mrs. johneblue...as it's the only weekend they were available to do it. I guess I need to stop catering to them...as, it's going to be their fault we are all dying on the trail this weekend! I do, however, want to say a HUGE thank you to all who are still going, despite the heat. You guys are AWESOME!

Not to worry about the heat. The thunderstorms predicted for Saturday will keep you cooled down some. :P

Wish we could be there however I'm still laid up from a boo-boo nearly a month ago. Injury The Journal has been on our list of caches to do. We would have liked to have spent the weekend camping and caching.

Good luck and stay safe.

Just wanted to let ya'll know that we ALL made it! All 20 of us, plus our two Dam Guides hiked about 10.5 miles in 101 degree heat (according to the thermometer) in 8.5 hours. It was just AMAZING! Will write more when we get rested up, as most of can't move our legs...at all!