Trail Construction next Saturday.

briansnat

Next Saturday, the 7th, we plan on completing the Monks Connector trail near Monksville Reservoir.

We can use some assistance and I know some geocachers have been itching to get out there and help, so here's an opportunity.

I think it would be good publicity for the NNJC and geocachers in general.

I don't know the time yet, but we usually start around 9 or 10 and the number of hands we get will determine

how long it will take. Could be a few hours, could be most of the day. The trail will be about a mile long.

The work will involve clipping, sawing, removing debris from the treadway, raking it and blazing the trees. Bring work gloves. water and lunch. If you have long handled loppers or pruning saws you can bring them along. And there is a cache along the route (Fake Empire) for those of you who haven't found it.

We will meet at the parking area next to GC1M5RE.

I would have made this a CITO event but the notice is too short.

So who is in?

Brian, you mean Saturday the 6th, right?

I would like to help out with this...if it starts at 9 do you think it would be okay to show up a little later (like 10 maybe) - just due to the long drive I have...or are there forms that have to be signed and such?

Brian, you mean Saturday the 6th, right?

I would like to help out with this...if it starts at 9 do you think it would be okay to show up a little later (like 10 maybe) - just due to the long drive I have...or are there forms that have to be signed and such?

oops, it is the 6th. Sure you can come later, it won't be hard to find us. Just follow the section is done to the section that isn't

Next Saturday, the 6th, we plan on completing the Monks Connector trail near Monksville Reservoir.

We can use some assistance and I know some geocachers have been itching to get out there and help, so here's an opportunity.

I think it would be good publicity for the NNJC and geocachers in general.

I don't know the time yet, but we usually start around 9 or 10 and the number of hands we get will determine

how long it will take. Could be a few hours, could be most of the day. The trail will be about a mile long.

The work will involve clipping, sawing, removing debris from the treadway, raking it and blazing the trees. Bring work gloves. water and lunch. If you have long handled loppers or pruning saws you can bring them along. And there is a cache along the route (Fake Empire) for those of you who haven't found it.

We will meet at the parking area next to GC1M5RE.

I would have made this a CITO event but the notice is too short.

So who is in?

I AM IN! Will see you Saturday the 6th.

We all should support this effort.

I was waiting all summer for this opportunity and then it falls on the weekend before ThirstyMick's bday :< Already have plans to kayak a section of the Delaware River across 2 days.

Brian - Hope you schedule another one of these events during the summer months!

PK

I was waiting all summer for this opportunity and then it falls on the weekend before ThirstyMick's bday :< Already have plans to kayak a section of the Delaware River across 2 days.

Brian - Hope you schedule another one of these events during the summer months!

PK

National Trails Day is June 6!

"Please help celebrate National Trails Day!

OK we're a go for tomorrow. Weather looks good. We will meet at 9:30 at the parking area on Beech Road (just off Greenwood Lake Turnpike). Parking is near my Monksville cache so use those coords and you can't miss it.

Bring work gloves and if you have long handled loppers, pruning shears, bow saw, swizzle stick (weed wacker) bring 'em along. No chainsaws please. We will have one there for the big stuff. Might be a good idea to put a piece of tape on anything you bring with your name on it so you get it back.

Also bring lunch and water.

Latecomers are welcome. We shouldn't be too hard to find. One trailhead is on Beech Rd, near the corner of Greenwood Lake Turnpike at the end of the guardrail. You'll see the flagging tape. Just follow it until you run into us. The other end of the trail is at the gate at the end of Beech Rd.

OK we're a go for tomorrow. Weather looks good. We will meet at 9:30 at the parking area on Beech Road (just off Greenwood Lake Turnpike). Parking is near my Monksville cache so use those coords and you can't miss it.

Bring work gloves and if you have long handled loppers, pruning shears, bow saw, swizzle stick (weed wacker) bring 'em along. No chainsaws please. We will have one there for the big stuff. Might be a good idea to put a piece of tape on anything you bring with your name on it so you get it back.

Also bring lunch and water.

Latecomers are welcome. We shouldn't be too hard to find. One trailhead is on Beech Rd, near the corner of Greenwood Lake Turnpike at the end of the guardrail. You'll see the flagging tape. Just follow it until you run into us. The other end of the trail is at the gate at the end of Beech Rd.

I have a dozen pair of work gloves in my car from the last CITO so if you don't own any or forget to bring yours don't worry about picking any up...

That'll be appreciated as I own absolutely nothing like this. Give me some gloves and loppers and I'll be sorted. See you all tomorrow. :laughing:

For those of you who enjoyed the work on Saturday consider the north Jersey trail crew. They meet the 2nd Sunday every month. You can get on the mailing list here. There is no obligation, if you are available fine, if not

then no big deal. Heck I'm on the list and think I've been on 4 work trips in 6 years. Others go nearly every month.

Here is this month's outing:

The next North Jersey Trail Crew trip will be on Sunday June 14 at 9:30 Am. We will be continuing out project of constructing rock steps on the Stonetown Circular Trail in Ringwood.

From the South take I 287 north to exit 55, Wanaque. At the bottom of the

ramp turn right onto County Route 511 North. Go about 4.0 miles and turn left onto Westbrook Rd. Go about 1.4 miles and turn right onto Stonetown Rd. Go about 0.5 miles and turn left onto Mary Roth Drive. We will meet at the Stonetown Recreational Complex Parking Lot.

From the North take I 287 South to exit 57, Skyline Drive. Get onto Skyline

Drive and go west until the road ends on County Route 511. Turn Left and go about 1.8 miles and turn right onto Westbrook Rd. Go about 1.4 miles and turn right onto Stonetown Rd. Go about 0.5 miles and turn left onto Mary Roth Drive. We will meet at the Stonetown Recreational Complex Parking Lot.

Remember to bring your lunch, drinking water and work gloves. If it's raining at the site on the morning of the trip the trip will be cancelled.

For those of you who enjoyed the work on Saturday consider the north Jersey trail crew. They meet the 2nd Sunday every month. You can get on the mailing list here. There is no obligation, if you are available fine, if not

then no big deal. Heck I'm on the list and think I've been on 4 work trips in 6 years. Others go nearly every month.

Here is this month's outing:

The next North Jersey Trail Crew trip will be on Sunday June 14 at 9:30 Am. We will be continuing out project of constructing rock steps on the Stonetown Circular Trail in Ringwood.

From the South take I 287 north to exit 55, Wanaque. At the bottom of the

ramp turn right onto County Route 511 North. Go about 4.0 miles and turn left onto Westbrook Rd. Go about 1.4 miles and turn right onto Stonetown Rd. Go about 0.5 miles and turn left onto Mary Roth Drive. We will meet at the Stonetown Recreational Complex Parking Lot.

From the North take I 287 South to exit 57, Skyline Drive. Get onto Skyline

Drive and go west until the road ends on County Route 511. Turn Left and go about 1.8 miles and turn right onto Westbrook Rd. Go about 1.4 miles and turn right onto Stonetown Rd. Go about 0.5 miles and turn left onto Mary Roth Drive. We will meet at the Stonetown Recreational Complex Parking Lot.

Remember to bring your lunch, drinking water and work gloves. If it's raining at the site on the morning of the trip the trip will be cancelled.

I am not available on the 14th but found last week's activity highly rewarding.

Edited by weathernowcast