Travelling Ladybird Stamp Geocoins: Continent Editions

wenzelbub

Hi, my name is Steve Ladybird and I'm a bug, a travel-bug.

I love geocaching and traveled all over the world to find geocaches. To show you how beautiful it was, I dicided to make some stamps.

continentfinal2small2.jpg

plating: Black Nickel

colors: back: 1 color, front: 5 to 13 colors

size: 1" (25.4mm)

thickness: 2.5mm

highlights: ball chain included, possibility to clamp a small sheet of paper with current goal on the back

trackable: YES

unique icon: YES, each coin gets its own icon. See COINTEST: 7 icons for "Traveling Ladybird Stamp" needed

price: 5€ each / 30€ for a complete set of 7

First sample-coin-pics will be available in appr. 10 days.

Coins will be available in appr. 4 weeks for presale in my new webshop. Presale will start at same time sales of Naymlap will start.

As soon as I fixed some parts of my webshop, I'll post the URL!

Have a nice weekend

Stefan

Edited by wenzelbub

I want you to offer these travelstamps as cheap as possible, but I have no idea how many have to be minted.

So it would be nice, if you can send me an email to "travelstamps at gmx dot de" including:

Subject: Travelstamps

GC-nickname (if you want):

Quantites

Africa:

Antarctica:

Asia:

Australia:

Europe:

N. America

S. & C. America:

complete set (one of each):

It's NO offer and NO reservation. It's only an expression of interest!

Price: 5€ per coin, 30 for complete set

Shipping World:

up to 2 coins: around 2.5 €

up to 25 coins: around 7 €

Shipping to Europe: half price of World

Shippingcost are only a forecast!!! I have no idea how heavy the coins will be, so prices have to modified after getting the samples!

Autoresponder will send you an email, if I got your email.

Thanks

Stefan

PS: Sorry for my english ....

Edited by wenzelbub

Updated Status report:

Africa: 15

Antarctica: 15

Asia: 15

Australia: 16

Europe: 17

N. America: 16

S.&C. America: 15

Hope to get more emails ...

As I said: It's NO offer and NO reservation, only an expression of interest!

Because of a request: The prices above are in Euro!

1 coin = 5 Euro

Set of 7 coins = 30 Euro (1 coin for free)

Exchange rate: Euro - USD

Have a nice weekend

Stefan

Edited by wenzelbub

Africa: 21

Antarctica: 22

Asia: 21

Australia: 22

Europe: 25

N. America: 22

S.&C. America: 22

I did some changes at the Asian-Version, there was to much green:

asiajyb.jpg

Are you interested in a complete glow-in-the-dark-version of Antarctica?

Greetings

Stefan

Edited by wenzelbub

Hmm, is it a LadyBUG or a LadyBIRD?

Online-translation for "Marienkäfer" (German) said both versions are possible, but is there a difference between Ladybug and Ladybird?

Britisch english and american english?

And there is a third translation: Ladybeetle

The coins are kinda based around your last name, aye ? :lol:

OMG, NO! :laughing:

My GC-nickname is based around my last name: "Wenzel" is my last name and "bub" is a young boy called in German. I have that nickname for over years....

The Ladybug/bird has only my first name. :o

Doh! When I first read the original post, I didn't read the part about LadyBird being the TB! LOL Boy, do I feel dumb now. :laughing:

no problem :lol:

Samplescoins of the European Version will be shipped on 25th. If everythig is ok, I'll give the ok to make molds for the other 6 and if they are also ok, I'll start presale.

Cool! They're looking good. :unsure: Can't wait to see the rest. I just hope I have money when they're ready for sale. lol

Thanks.

I gave the OK for the missing 6 continents... samples will be finished till 16th... Maybe they will arrive on 20th and I can post pictures.

I'm thinking about to order 150 - 200 complete sets after getting samples instead of making a presale. Not sure about this .... its more risky for me but you will get the coins immediately after paid for them and don't have to wait too long.

greetings

Stefan

Edited by wenzelbub

I've finished the Icons:

iconss.gif

Hopefully samples will be finished on monday, can't wait to see them.

200 Trackingcodes for each version ordered.

As soon as I have the samples in my hand, I'll give the OK for final production.

Greetings and a nice weekend

Stefan

My Travelstamps will be finished around 08/15/2009, so I will be able to send them around 08/22/2009.

I'll put them in stock at 08/01/2009 to give you the chance to buy them with the Naylamps to save shipping costs. You have to wait for the Naymlaps till the Travelstamps are in, no partial shipment. And of course, you have to pay first for all when Travelstamps are in!

I have ordered 200 of each continent.

Presale will start at Saturday, 1. August 2009, 7:00pm local time Frankfurt/Germany (UTC + 2 hours) at

www.wbcoins.de

Worldclock

I added a category "testproducts" where you can find dummys of the coins to test checkout process.

Greetings

Stefan

UAAAAAAAAH I'M REALLY PISSED OFF :mad:

Mint engraved the wrong trackingcodes on the North America Edition.

North America and South&Central America got the same tracking codes.

Tears are in my eyes .... I can't believe it...

Please give me one night and a request to mint before proceeding with shipment.

I temporary removed the set and North America Version from webshop.

I'M SO SORRY!!!!

Oh man! That sucks! I'm glad you double checked those! I wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer for my whole order so those can be fixed. :mad:

I gave a set to a friend of mine and he asked for activation codes. I searched manually for them and couldn't find the code in the North America file... but found it in South & Central America :/

Thankfully I have shipped none of the North America Version yet

Got an answer from mint:

We'd make another 200pcs with correct laser engraved code right away. It's die cast zinc alloy, which always takes long time for production, could you please give us 16 days?

I'll make partial shipping to you.

All coins (exept the North American) will be shipped and those of you ordered a North American will get a second mail with the North American.

I apologize again for the mistake and inconvenience caused to you.

I'll make partial shipping to you.

All coins (exept the North American) will be shipped and those of you ordered a North American will get a second mail with the North American.

I apologize again for the mistake and inconvenience caused to you.

If it will be less inconvenient - not to mention less expensive, please feel free to delay shipping my set until you have them all in hand. This is not your fault!! :ph34r:

CF30

P.S. What are you going to do with the error coins? :mad:

If it will be less inconvenient - not to mention less expensive, please feel free to delay shipping my set until you have them all in hand. This is not your fault!! :ph34r:

CF30

Its not my fault but you have paid for them and I don't want you to wait longer anymore.

No idea what I'll do with the error coins... any ideas?

CF30

Its not my fault but you have paid for them and I don't want you to wait longer anymore.

No idea what I'll do with the error coins... any ideas?

No worries, I can wait. :anibad:

Pair 'em up & send 'em out to those who ordered.

CF30

No worries, I can wait. :ph34r:

Pair 'em up & send 'em out to those who ordered.

CF30

Hmmmm, and if someone forgets this is an error coin and sell or trade it to someone else and this person tries to activate the coin...

And have you ever paired 2 * 200 randomly mixed coins? this will take more than 5 minutes :mad:

Just what comes to my mind: Put them side by side in a picture frame, 20 vertical and 10 horizontal... or 16*12 ... I'll try when when coming home from work.

I'm willing to wait for everything 'til the America coins are fixed, also.

Another idea you could use for the messed up coins tis using a dremel tool or something to take off the tracking codes. Then there's no need to "match" anything, and no worries about anyone trying to activate them. I know it'd still be a lot of work with 200 coins. lol

And have you ever paired 2 * 200 randomly mixed coins? this will take more than 5 minutes :blink:

Nope. Only 75. :huh:

Hmmmm, and if someone forgets this is an error coin and sell or trade it to someone else and this person tries to activate the coin...

Hmm... this could be a problem... and since they are two different "countries" it could be easy to forget. But dremmeling off the numbers will take a lot longer than 5 minutes too... :)

CF30