Time and Date

I have a Colorado 400t. That I want to use to Geocode some pictures. To do this I clear the track log sync the time on my camera and Colorado. Then I start walking and taking pictures. When I'm finished I archive the log. Then I move 40 miles to a new location. Clear the track log, start taking pictures. When I'm finished I again arcive the track log.

The problem is when I get back home and load the track logs I have no time and date. Does the Colorado 400t detlet this information. If it does how can you save your logs so you can Geocode the pictures? Has anybody else had this problem?

I don't geocode, so I've never actually paid much attention. But I am pretty sure the track logs contain the timestamp -- and that it shows up if you examine the track points in Mapsource. Don't have the right PC in front of me to check, however.

You can check to see if the raw data is there by opening the raw .gpx file in an editor like notepad.

I have an Oregon, but I think the functionality is the same.

When I save a track there is a GPX file generated in the garmin/gpx path.

When I open this with MapSource all the information is there. Time/date and elevation in addition to the trackpoints.

When saved at a Map60cs the time and elevation information disappears, but from 60csx and on i think all information is saved in the gpx file.