Need Help from scratch...

Hunt82

To those that can help,

I recently got approval from my work to purchase a GPS hand held unit for educational purposes, exercise etc. and was looking for some guidance. I work with the MRDD (Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities) so I am looking for an easy to use GPS unit.

Some things I am looking for:

Large Screen that is easy to read

Large buttons if available

Durable

$200-$300 price range

Color screen with map navigation

Please help!

I know the concept and have thoroughly looked through geocaching.com to understand how it is in my region.

I look forward to any help I can get and also starting this sport/hobby/game that is Geo Caching!

Thanks

Hunt :ph34r:

I have found the Garmin Oregon 400t which i use a great usint, Full touch Screen with large Icons, Full colour screen, easy to use, not sure about durible but have been told it is, dont plan on dropping it on purpose to find out. but definatly water proof (have used it underwater to test). Only thing more expensive than other models.

I started with a Garmin Nuvi 260W @170 bucks

easy to use but wasnt real accurate on trail or under canopy

recently purchased a Garmin GPSmap 60CSX at Best Buy

saw some online specials for about 300 bucks and they matched the price

not the easiest to use at first but I am a pro using it now after only a couple of weeks

buttons are laid out well and it works great anywhere

happy hunting

I just bought the De Lorme Earthmate PN-40....it is durable,has large buttons,color screen etc. You can buy them at Amazon.com for $248.00(reg price $399.00)....

To those that can help,

I recently got approval from my work to purchase a GPS hand held unit for educational purposes, exercise etc. and was looking for some guidance. I work with the MRDD (Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities) so I am looking for an easy to use GPS unit.

Some things I am looking for:

Large Screen that is easy to read

Large buttons if available

Durable

$200-$300 price range

Color screen with map navigation

Please help!

I know the concept and have thoroughly looked through geocaching.com to understand how it is in my region.

I look forward to any help I can get and also starting this sport/hobby/game that is Geo Caching!

Thanks

Hunt :blink: