FW updates for Triton 200 300 400 500

* Added optional Navigation Fields to Map screen for Triton 300/400/500 devices

* Added Quick Info on Map screen

* Contextual menu improvement

* Power Saving - reduce backlight if battery level is 50% or lower

* Electronic Compass User Calibration UI improvement1

* Move low-level settings (e.g., time zone and power timer settings) from the Profiles to Setting

* Add additional settings to Profile

* New Coordinate and Elevation Entry UI

* New Strip Compass Navigation screen

* New Road Navigation screen

* User Grid (Trans. Mercator only)

* Coordinate Fields display on the Info pages

* User Object Selection improvement

* Option to clear active track after trail was created

* Option to turn ON/OFF Navigation Screens.

Here is a link for the T400 http://www.magellangps.com/support/notes.asp?supportID=819

you can get the others from magellans support page.

After updating my Triton 500, the unit will not boot. It loads a menu page with dropdowns, but nothing works. The Triton is not recognized by the USB port, and no driver can be found.

Is this just me of have others had this problem? Is there a solution?

After updating my Triton 500, the unit will not boot. It loads a menu page with dropdowns, but nothing works. The Triton is not recognized by the USB port, and no driver can be found.

what OS are you running? If it is Vista or XP try here http://www.jungleghost.com/Articles/Triton...ction_to_PC.htm SkellyCA also give you a link to the Triton Forums an there is a wealth of help there. good luck.

ric

what OS are you running? If it is Vista or XP try here http://www.jungleghost.com/Articles/Triton...ction_to_PC.htm SkellyCA also give you a link to the Triton Forums an there is a wealth of help there. good luck.

ric

ric

I didn't have any problems with Vista SP2 but I always run everything for the Triton in ADMIN mode. Everything from Vantage Point to any upgrades, always use ADMIN mode on Vista.

The upgrade did put data fields on the main screen but didn't address any other issues. The Triton is now horribly out-dated and fatally flawed.

Lowrance, Delorme, and Garmin have passed the Triton by 2 generations now.

One good thing, if you can grab a T-400 for 99 bucks at Walmart, Magellan will give you 49 states of Topo free. At that price, the Triton is a good bargain.

If you already own a T400 and up, just rer-egister your Triton and you'll get the USA topo maps free via an email link.

One good thing, if you can grab a T-400 for 99 bucks at Walmart, Magellan will give you 49 states of Topo free. At that price, the Triton is a good bargain.

If you already own a T400 and up, just rer-egister your Triton and you'll get the USA topo maps free via an email link.

99$? Crap, I over paid at fry's. :P

The upgrade did put data fields on the main screen but didn't address any other issues. The Triton is now horribly out-dated and fatally flawed.

The update took care of several issues. I notice from this forum that Garmin and Delorme have their share of problems too. All electronic gadgets have bugs and things that don't work as you would like them to. It comes down to what you can accept and personal preference/opinion. I have no problems with my Tritons, just a few minor features I would like to see added.

The update took care of several issues. I notice from this forum that Garmin and Delorme have their share of problems too. All electronic gadgets have bugs and things that don't work as you would like them to. It comes down to what you can accept and personal preference/opinion. I have no problems with my Tritons, just a few minor features I would like to see added.

That's for sure! I Really like my T400. works great. Very accurate.