Geocaching as a Religion

To summarize our "Geocaching Tree of Angst" so far:

We have an atmosphere rich with CO2 that is represented by one atom of "Entitlement" ( C ) and two atoms of "Expectation." (O2) :ph34r:

We have a rich medium for the growth of angst in our soil, which is represented by a common/general, "unawareness that this hobby is intrinsically linked to other people." B)

The water (H2O) that nourishes the tree is either actual or perceived (H2) negative interaction (O) between geocachers. B)

Our tree is furtilized by misconception, misinterpretation, and misunderstanding (MMM) whether actual or deliberate. B)

The roots of our tree are based in actual participation and experience in geocaching as an activity.... Hiding, finding, & moving trackables. B)

The trunk of our tree emerges over time. It is actually just individual experience that expresses itself in this way, "I know better than YOU what geocaching is supposed/intended to be all about." :wacko:

From there our "Tree of Angst" branches out in many directions. Some branches sprout from the trunk and some branches think they are attacking the trunk from the other side, but are seemingly unaware that they are part of the same tree. B)

The named branches of our tree so far:

The Theory of Geocaching Evolution

Geocaching would be more fun for me, IF B):ph34r:

Perceived Staunch Defenders of Everything Perceived Lame (P.S.D.E.P.L.)

Geocaching was so much better way back when

The Theory That It's the "OTHER GUY" Who Is Just Sucking the Fun Out of Geocaching

I thought that the "Tree of Angst" was the one plant in the garden to stay away from. B)B)

Perhaps for the sake of our new religion I should rename it the Burning Bush of Angst.

Wait! If I did that, wouldn't that make me a geocaching god? B)

Better not. My ego is friggin' HUGE as it is. :P

Would the Geocaching God not be the person who planted the very first cache?? Or Groundspeak since they control the Guidelines for the caches?

Claire xx

Notice I said a god. Not the creator of the big bang that started the entire geocaching continuum.

Besides, I also said it would be a bad idea to consider me a god. I'll take lesser prophet of the dark order defenders of everything perceived lame and Grand High Proliferator of lame micros. B)

The rest of us are merely profits.

Freudian slip?

More like mud puddle plunge

Back on topic: I don't want to be a God. That's too much like work.

Yes, it would be, having to put up with all the "Please bless me/give me/ help me". Don't forget all the "Forgive me this" and "I'm not worthy that", it's so depressing

Any Minister openings? Minister of Ammo Cans, perhaps? Maybe Minister of Film Can Angst?

Boy, you could make quite a list. I will refrain, busy planning St Festers Day. I wonder if the folks down at the Champoeg campout in Oregon would mind celebrating... (actually, they may put my ego in a seperate campground)

Plenty of people to put me in my place. (high on a pedistal one can hope - not as lofty as a high horse, but more fun to fall from)

I don't want to be a God. That's too much like work.

Any Minister openings? Minister of Ammo Cans, perhaps? Maybe Minister of Film Can Angst?

I hereby nominate you to be First Martyr.

You are hereby commanded to voluntarily and loudly cancel your Groundspeak membership in righteous, solemn, and glorious public protest against all those unholy things you detest about Geocaching. Your deafening attack will fall upon the infidel Staunch Defenders of Everything Lame as a deadly explosion against their annoyingly rational arguments, curse their souls.

You will bring honor upon yourself and your family as the first Geocide Bomber.

Your new holy name: You shall henceforth be known as Mohammed al-Jeebra al-Packa al-a-Bama al-go-Rhythm al-Roker al-ice’s Restaurant.

Upon successfully reaching the Happy Caching Grounds you will receive total consciousness (which is nice) and seventy-two FTFs. It’s all spelled out ... somewhere. Trust me. :anicute:

To summarize our "Geocaching Tree of Angst" so far:

We have an atmosphere rich with CO2 that is represented by one atom of "Entitlement" ( C ) and two atoms of "Expectation." (O2) :)

We have a rich medium for the growth of angst in our soil, which is represented by a common/general, "unawareness that this hobby is intrinsically linked to other people." :)

The water (H2O) that nourishes the tree is either actual or perceived (H2) negative interaction (O) between geocachers. :D

Our tree is furtilized by misconception, misinterpretation, and misunderstanding (MMM) whether actual or deliberate. :)

The roots of our tree are based in actual participation and experience in geocaching as an activity.... Hiding, finding, & moving trackables. :o

The trunk of our tree emerges over time. It is actually just individual experience that expresses itself in this way, "I know better than YOU what geocaching is supposed/intended to be all about." :D

From there our "Tree of Angst" branches out in many directions. Some branches sprout from the trunk and some branches think they are attacking the trunk from the other side, but are seemingly unaware that they are part of the same tree. :P

The named branches of our tree so far:

The Theory of Geocaching Evolution

Geocaching would be more fun for me, IF ;):D

Perceived Staunch Defenders of Everything Perceived Lame (P.S.D.E.P.L.)

Geocaching was so much better way back when

The Theory That It's the "OTHER GUY" Who Is Just Sucking the Fun Out of Geocaching

I thought that the "Tree of Angst" was the one plant in the garden to stay away from. :sad::D

Perhaps for the sake of our new religion I should rename it the Burning Bush of Angst.

Wait! If I did that, wouldn't that make me a geocaching god? :huh:

Better not. My ego is friggin' HUGE as it is. ;)

Would the Geocaching God not be the person who planted the very first cache?? Or Groundspeak since they control the Guidelines for the caches?

Claire xx

Notice I said a god. Not the creator of the big bang that started the entire geocaching continuum.

Hmmm, more like Phil Connors in "Groundhog Day".. :D

I'm a god. I'm not THE God... I don't think.

<snip>the dreaded "Cache High in a Wet, Moss-Covered, Slippery Tree" curses.

That's not a curse. That's some fun right there. :)

Our operation is running smoothly here as I gained access to a pallet of 30 cal's. Paint has been hard to come by and so has the swag. But X-mas is right around the corner so the swag will pick up here fast.

All hale the high Priestess Sioneva!!!!