Highlights from GW7

If you attended Geowoodstock VII, why not share some of the highlights of your Mega Event for those that might have missed out, or for those that were helping out under a tent?

Here are a few of the shots that I took home from Bell Buckle, TN:

Crowd shot:

5-23-09%20020.jpg

Another crowd shot:

5-23-09%20021.jpg

My eldest and Signal:

5-23-09%20023.jpg

The Reviewer panel answering a tough question about the minimal distance guideline:

5-23-09%20024.jpg

The petting zoo:

5-23-09%20026.jpg

Possibly the cutest pigs I've ever seen anywhere:

5-23-09%20028.jpg

The shuttle service (this was great):

5-23-09%20034.jpg

Folks leaving the chow zone:

5-23-09%20047.jpg

Local entrepreneur, 4Wheeler-Water Guy (this dude was everywhere, including making stops by the local caches):

5-23-09%20048.jpg

One HUGE bug:

5-23-09%20051.jpg

If you attended Geowoodstock VII, why not share some of the highlights of your Mega Event for those that might have missed out, or for those that were helping out under a tent?

Crowd shot:

5-23-09%20020.jpg

LOOK! There I am. 115th from the right. :unsure:

Otay... here's my highlight from GW7...

It's not from the event itself, it's from a local newspaper AFTER the event:

Just wanted to update this a bit. The number of geocachers visiting Bell Buckle is now estimated at 7,000 -- that's 2,000 more than expected. When volunteers went down Monday to clean up the camping area where the tents and RVs had been -- there was nothing to clean. The cachers not only bagged their garbage, they took it with them! If only all of our visitors (and some of our residents) were as considerate!

Yes! :ph34r::o:)

Just wanted to update this a bit. The number of geocachers visiting Bell Buckle is now estimated at 7,000 -- that's 2,000 more than expected. When volunteers went down Monday to clean up the camping area where the tents and RVs had been -- there was nothing to clean. The cachers not only bagged their garbage, they took it with them! If only all of our visitors (and some of our residents) were as considerate!

Yes! :o:):laughing:

Awesome testimony! :ph34r:

Cache In Trash Out at it's finest! Well done, Everybody!

Cache In Trash Out at it's finest! Well done, Everybody!

Excellent! I know I saw a few outer wrappers from geocoins and picked them up and threw them away as I went.

115.jpg

My eldest and Signal:

5-23-09%20023.jpg

He looks a little embarrassed. Maybe he is remembering the time you visited Disneyworld and when he misinterpreted your instructions not to feel Goofy down there? :):blink::P:P

He looks a little embarrassed. Maybe he is remembering the time you visited Disneyworld and when he misinterpreted your instructions not to feel Goofy down there? :):blink::P:P

He's 13. Half the things I do in public embarrass him. As it should be.

But thanks for the uncomfortable visual involving my kid and some guy in a character suit.

But thanks for the uncomfortable visual involving my kid and some guy in a character suit.

The irony is that someday he'll be embarrassed that he was embarrassed by those things.

My highlight was learning that there are Eucalyptus forests with geocaches in them. I told my beloved that we need to go there.

I took a series of photos of Dogs of GeoWoodstock and put them in my log. Here they are:

Greyhounds:

7ed133a9-b6d7-42e0-829d-12ee176883f6.jpg

Snoogans and Cujo:

0e621d65-796b-4ec3-904b-267634d32eea.jpg

Ready to Cache!:

830b725c-76b0-4661-86c0-43c012c4ced5.jpg

Visiting the Museum:

663bc70b-f186-40cc-8bd4-c7726e7733c8.jpg

Travel Bug, Dog, and Fashion Statement All in One:

ec69d32c-5c0a-44ff-b08c-67dde0eba394.jpg

Ready for Fun

09d9c32f-d617-472e-bbf1-523b6aaebbba.jpg

Wolf:

0e17228b-ae55-463a-94f2-3b1d2d160e67.jpg

Beat by the Heat:

ee831b0d-580b-4fce-8318-876bb88daac5.jpg

Handsome Dog with the Spotted Nose:

66b160a2-302a-40e0-a902-5948bbcf5d5f.jpg

Waiting in Line (dogs everywhere were amazingly patient with lines):

d43ef018-b49e-4b91-ba57-882552027adb.jpg

Continued in next post...

More of the Dog Gallery!

One Suspects this Dog of Having Shaggy Caching Stories:

fc7e56c2-3b7b-4c23-b0ab-417cc68d184b.jpg

Faithful Canine Cacher:

03f9b62f-61d5-438e-932a-4f155ca91de5.jpg

My Favorite Picture! While everyone one else contented themselves with standard issue swag, this lucky person took home this beauty that she found near GeoWoodstock. I didn't ask whether she traded up or even:

d9b69929-f3c0-4e62-8b96-e846c165e8a6.jpg

Edited by Steve&GeoCarolyn

More of the Dog Gallery!

One Suspects this Dog of Having Shaggy Caching Stories:

fc7e56c2-3b7b-4c23-b0ab-417cc68d184b.jpg

Faithful Canine Cacher:

03f9b62f-61d5-438e-932a-4f155ca91de5.jpg

My Favorite Picture! While everyone one else contented themselves with standard issue swag, this lucky person took home this beauty that she found near GeoWoodstock. I didn't ask whether she traded up or even:

d9b69929-f3c0-4e62-8b96-e846c165e8a6.jpg

The middle pic is of Oreochip, Mrs. Oreochip and Oreo the "Cachin' Border Collie". Had a great time. Thanks. :blink:

Edited by oreochip

He looks a little embarrassed. Maybe he is remembering the time you visited Disneyworld and when he misinterpreted your instructions not to feel Goofy down there? :D:blink::P:D

I was going to say, he looks like a teenager and they're pretty much ALWAYS embarassed by their parents. Speaking from experience as we have two at the moment. :P:)

Awesome photos everyone! Wish I could've been there...