Geocacher's Machines

TM92

Other than geocaching, i love to go fourwheeling.

This thread is for you to show us your geocaching fourwheeler, motorbike, buggie... anything!

I ride a 1988 Honda Fourtrax 250X. It may be old but it is absolutely mint. I love it.

I had to get the picture off the internet due to lack of digital camera.

honda-1987-fourtrax250x-trx250x-sport-atv.jpg

You don't want to see pics of my beater 1996 GMC Sonoma Excab... Its a Bucket...

Saving for a 4 Dr Colorado or 4dr S-10...

I like my trucks smaller to Mid-sized as I don't have a lot of parking area in front of the house or driveway and their easier on gas and will still pull my Wave Runner or my utility trailer with a few 4wheelers on it...

Actually, I'm also saving for another 4 wheeler too... I had a 2001 Yamaha Warrior, but sold it in 04... Now I want something else, maybe a 4x4 style one this time...

There is a State Park ( http://stjoepark.com/content/view/11/10/ ) a few miles from my weekend cabin that has several hundred acres of sand dunes and wooded trails for ORVs.... Looking at the Geocaching/Google map, there are several caches back in there too...

Edited by solo63137

I've never taken it Geocaching, but I ride old school on 3 wheels:

1985 Honda ATC 250 ES "Big Red"

hondaatc8ls.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that a makeshift winch on the front of your Big Red? That's awesome.

Edited by t_mac02

Is that a makeshift winch on the front of your Big Red? That's awesome.

Yeah, I bolted that on there. It's come in handy for various things. :P

Never know when those caches might be REALLY stuck in there, huh? :blink:

I would imagine it would probably work for pulling down a tree that contains a cache high up in its branches.

This gets me through most of the brush....

f28137fe-13d5-46fe-aad6-9fcddd678a14.jpg

Wow you must have made a wrong turn in Albuquerque to end up with Rosebud in Cazenovia, WI!!

Anyway, the current Hofy Cachemobile. (This is not the actual one but it is a silver 1999 Taurus.)

DSCN0779.jpg

And this is the vehicle I used to go get all the Illinois caches so far. Yes for real.

img_6465.jpg

And this is the vehicle I used to go get all the Illinois caches so far. Yes for real.

img_6465.jpg

You found every cache in Indiana using that? Color me impressed.

I guess I should clarify. All the caches in Illinois that I have found. (All 4 of them.)

I work for Canadian Pacific Railway. My away from home terminal is near Chicago. So, when I am stuck inthe hotel for an extended period of time waiting for a train to go home, I started geocaching.

cimg3656.jpg

There are both of the vehicles I usually cache in, but mostly the (hardtop) convertible. Now that summer has hit, it is real nice cruising around from cache to cache with the top down.

Now my wife (who is in the picture, and earned the convertible from Tupperware) really doesn't get geocaching. Has never come with me. Once we were even going for a walk, and I said "hey, here is a cache right there" (about 20m off the path). She kept walking while I grabed it. I had to catch up after.

Yah, my wife sells Tupperware, so I have an unlimited supply of good cache containers downstairs. That said, I perfer to use ammo boxes and as of yet have never used tupperware as a cache container.

2005_Chevrolet_Venture_ext_1.jpg

Contrary to what most people think Mini Vans are great in the back country. We've done some roads that people in trucks are afraid to do. Plus you always get the best looks when you pass the guys with big trucks up the twisty mountain roads. :D

Contrary to what most people think Mini Vans are great in the back country. We've done some roads that people in trucks are afraid to do. Plus you always get the best looks when you pass the guys with big trucks up the twisty mountain roads. :D

I'll second that. As a kid, my dad took us out hunting in his mini-van. We took that thing places that you would never believe.

For a number of years, I cached in my company work van.

Mostly after work hours, though I couldn't always resist a lamp post doing the service runs during the day.

Now, they've installed GPS trackers in all the trucks so they follow and log how many miles I cache on weekends.

To continue caching, I decided to buy a new car recently.

Here's my new cachemobile

3549135665_860dc38051.jpg

My 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid is only 2 weeks old and delivered a consisitent 36 MPG at 70-75 MPH on a 600 mile road trip last weekend.

Around town, I getting 45-60 MPG in city/suburban driving.

Of course, FiFiH alreadly has a Travel Bug decal in her window.

cimg3656.jpg

There are both of the vehicles I usually cache in, but mostly the (hardtop) convertible. Now that summer has hit, it is real nice cruising around from cache to cache with the top down.

Now my wife (who is in the picture, and earned the convertible from Tupperware) really doesn't get geocaching. Has never come with me. Once we were even going for a walk, and I said "hey, here is a cache right there" (about 20m off the path). She kept walking while I grabed it. I had to catch up after.

Yah, my wife sells Tupperware, so I have an unlimited supply of good cache containers downstairs. That said, I perfer to use ammo boxes and as of yet have never used tupperware as a cache container.

The Tupperware leased van has gone back and we now have a Tupperware leased Equinox to go with the Tupperware earned convertible.

PS I see that my old pic has disappeared. I will upload a new one as soon as I can. Anyway, I have a Pontiac G6 hardtop convertible, and now a Chevy Equinox. I got the Equinox stuck in the snow on Easter. I wish Tupperware would lease the all wheel drive.

EDIT:

Well here is the convertible at a local virtual cache.

child-ave-brass-cap.jpg

Edited by Andronicus