Icon size on Oregon?

I have the ability to use 22x22 icons and 24x24 icons. I do not know what your default size is?

The UK speed camera database comes with 22x22 icons so I redesigned/recoloured the icons to suit my varifocals and increased the size to 24x24.

Screenshots #1, #2 are with Garmin Discoverer mapping,

#3 is with CityNavigator

#4 is my new icon database

24244318ae1.png..10425432pp4.png

613iw2.png

newiconsbzd9.png

Is it possible to increase the size of the Geocaching icons on the map page of the Oregon?

It would appear that the ridiculously small icons on the Oregon are a plot against anyone with older or far-sighted vision.

A magnifying glass should not be a required accessory.

There is no good excuse for such a poorly designed UI element.

Edited by gps_dr

Would it be possible, instead, to increase the size of the writing for the cache waypoints that show on the screen? While I drive, I like to quickly glance at the screen to see if a cache is upcoming, but with the Oregon, the icons and writing are so small I have to pull over and scroll the map around.

Do as strumble. Make your own icon in the size of 24x24.

Then from GSAK export POI's directly to your Oregon specifying your favourite BMP icon (using smartnames at will).

GSAK will remember your setting so you have to do the setup only once.

You can also set up a button on the toolbar to make it even quicker.

So from GSAK you do your selection, press ctrl g to load the caches and then the export POI button to export the POI's withe same selection.

Then you have clearly visible big icons for the geocaches on your Oregon.

Do as strumble. Make your own icon in the size of 24x24.

Then from GSAK export POI's directly to your Oregon specifying your favourite BMP icon (using smartnames at will).

GSAK will remember your setting so you have to do the setup only once.

You can also set up a button on the toolbar to make it even quicker.

So from GSAK you do your selection, press ctrl g to load the caches and then the export POI button to export the POI's withe same selection.

Then you have clearly visible big icons for the geocaches on your Oregon.

But then these aren't treated as geocaches by the unit, and you lose all the paperless functions.

A-ha! Got it. Interesting workaround. Are they all labeled as well on the screen.. rather than not at all for geocaches? Might be time to try this and go back to using custom icons again for the caches.... need to write / find a GSAK macro that will automatically load the same caches you export as caches also as POI with custom icons (micro, prior DNF, earthcache etc). I guess all you need to do is run one of the cache->POI macros that are out there after you run the cache export

Edited by Maingray