Can't include exclude PQ attributes using FF/Linux

clubjuggle

Subject/description pretty much says it. I click the attribute icons and nothing happens (looks like I never clicked them). This only seems to be the case on my caches along a route queries. Is this by design?

If it helps, I'm running Firefox under Linux (Ubuntu). Thanks.

Subject/description pretty much says it. I click the attribute icons and nothing happens (looks like I never clicked them). This only seems to be the case on my caches along a route queries. Is this by design?

Since I don't see a reply to you, I will reply and say that on Google Chrome, IE8 and Firefox I have the exact same problem. I have spent 3 hours searching this forum for an answer to this problem and have found none.

Could we get an explanation on what is going on? On the Create a Route PQ, I cannot select any attributes to include or exclude.

It seems that the regular PQ's the attributes do work. It is just the Cache along a Route PQ's that do not.

Thanks!

Edited by Shreklets

Since I don't see a reply to you, I will reply and say that on Google Chrome, IE8 and Firefox I have the exact same problem. I have spent 3 hours searching this forum for an answer to this problem and have found none.

Could we get an explanation on what is going on? On the Create a Route PQ, I cannot select any attributes to include or exclude.

It seems that the regular PQ's the attributes do work. It is just the Cache along a Route PQ's that do not.

Thanks!

Crickets chirping! I guess everyone at geocaching.com is asleep?

Ok. This is my last try at any help from Geocaching.com. I am going on a trip Friday. I need to narrow down the caches along my route so that I can see which ones I can get and which ones are not obtainable at night. If someone, anyone can let me know anything about this bug in the PQ's, I would be grateful.

Greg

There's no one 'at' geocaching.com, or Groundspeak for that matter, because it's the weekend.

Did you try searching or looking through the forum? This has been discussed before.

Alternatively, send an email to contact at geocaching.com.

Once again, It is not the regular PQ that I am having a problem with. It is the Cache Along A Route PQ. The regular PQ I am able to select the attributes to include or exclude. The Cache Along A Route PQ I am not able to select an attribute to include or exclude.

I have used IE8, Chrome 3 and Firefox 3.0.11 on Windows Vista 64. I have Javascript enabled on all three browsers. (It is worth noting that I would not be able to select any attributes on regular PQ's if I did not have javascript enabled.)

I did spend 3 hours searching the forum the other day for my specific problem and did not find any resolution. I spent another 2 hours this morning looking and did find that this is a bug that has been ignored since the middle of May.

As to it being a weekend, there are several post on this board that state that there is staff manning the webserver and design issues 24/7. Otherwise, I would not be miffed that as a paying customer that I cannot get a feature that I paid for to work properly. It used to work fine. I have used it multiple times before, but now it does not.

Thanks for all the replies and I will be contacting the wonderful people at geocaching.com so that they can ignore my email like they have all the others who have complained here about their emails being ignored.

Since it seems that everyone but me can get this feature to work, can I get someone to send me the PQ for a drive from 29841 to 42240 zip codes that takes the I285 loop North around Atlanta. I want the attributes for 24 hour included, that way I know which ones are available 24 hours and don't waste time on ones that could get me hurt at night.

Thanks.

Greg

I tried and could not get attributes to select in any of the 4 browsers I tested, although it worked for standard PQs.

Looks like the frogs need to work on it. Sorry.

Thank you! Finally! Someone else sees that I am not a total idiot like the previous posters made me out to be. Day 4 with no reply from my email. Looks like it will not be fixed in time for my trip...if it ever gets fixed. An email from geocaching.com just to say, "We are looking in to it" or at very least "Screw you, we could care less" would be appreciated.

For the record, my ticket number is KIN-618570