FTF's but 2nd to log.

Not a huge deal, but when you race out of the house before work to get a FTF and when you get home the 2nd to find has logged it first. It's a little disheartening if you're keeping a stats page. Perhaps someone higher up could make an option on the first log for the FTF. That way it's not quickest to log but honest cachers can rightly not claim the FTF.

Not a huge deal, but when you race out of the house before work to get a FTF and when you get home the 2nd to find has logged it first. It's a little disheartening if you're keeping a stats page. Perhaps someone higher up could make an option on the first log for the FTF. That way it's not quickest to log but honest cachers can rightly not claim the FTF.

The first to sign the LOGBOOK is the FTF. I have no problem at all being the third or fourth to log online after I was the first to sign the logbook. Several times others have acknowledged they were not the first to sign the logbook. And since I generally get the FTF earlier in the day but don't log online until later in the evening it is almost guaranteed I won't be the first on the cache page. But you know what? GC.com does not track or care about FTF's, so go ahead and claim the FTF on your stats page. I'm not going to squawk and I really don't think any one else is going to complain.

Jim

Not a huge deal, but when you race out of the house before work to get a FTF and when you get home the 2nd to find has logged it first. It's a little disheartening if you're keeping a stats page.

Who cares?

Answer: only you. So for your own stats you can add it as an FTF. FTF is not recognized by the site.

Why is it that people try to turn a perfectly fun activity like geocaching into a contest? If you want to do a contest, go become a marathon runner or something and leave the rest of us alone.

Not a huge deal, but when you race out of the house before work to get a FTF and when you get home the 2nd to find has logged it first. It's a little disheartening if you're keeping a stats page.

Who cares?

Answer: only you. So for your own stats you can add it as an FTF. FTF is not recognized by the site.

Why is it that people try to turn a perfectly fun activity like geocaching into a contest? If you want to do a contest, go become a marathon runner or something and leave the rest of us alone.

To the 1st replier thanks I was thinking about doing a stats page by logicweave ( cache stats ) and didn't know it worked that way. I assumed it took that info for FTF like it takes the other info, from a pocket query..... To the 2nd replier.... Calm down bud, I just had 7 caches published recently and had 40 visits in less than 24 hours by people trying to get FTF . Everyone plays the game their own way, just like we live life. Some rush through while others take their time and some talk before they think..... I wish you all the best in this great sport of ours, I was just asking a valid question I didn't have an answer too, not starting a fight.

Who cares?

To the 1st replier thanks I was thinking about doing a stats page by logicweave ( cache stats ) and didn't know it worked that way. I assumed it took that info for FTF like it takes the other info, from a pocket query..... To the 2nd replier.... Calm down bud, I just had 7 caches published recently and had 40 visits in less than 24 hours by people trying to get FTF . Everyone plays the game their own way, just like we live life. Some rush through while others take their time and some talk before they think..... I wish you all the best in this great sport of ours, I was just asking a valid question I didn't have an answer too, not starting a fight.

While on the subject any thoughts on the best stats page publisher?

I've only come across 3 choices:

1. INATN - http://www.itsnotaboutthenumbers.com/

2. Cachestats - http://www.logicweave.com/cachestats.html

3. GSAK's FindStatGen macro http://www.gsak.net

Personally I like GSAK's macro best - you can tweak it a lot, and you can edit the macro code to make it do exactly what you like. I don't bother putting it on my profile page, though, because I figure it's mainly me who's interested in it. Besides, I'm lazy :laughing:

Ouch!! "Leave the rest of us alone"? That's cold, dude.

Besides, why is it that people try to turn a perfectly fun activity like running into a contest?

To the OP... stats generators (all of them that I know of) do a text search for "FTF" in your logs. In fact, if you've ever logged "Tried to get FTF but SpeedDemon beat me to it", that is likely to count as an FTF for you by most stats generators.

Besides, why is it that people try to turn a perfectly fun activity like running into a contest?

To the OP... stats generators (all of them that I know of) do a text search for "FTF" in your logs. In fact, if you've ever logged "Tried to get FTF but SpeedDemon beat me to it", that is likely to count as an FTF for you by most stats generators.

Actually the GSAK macro looks for the FTF flag in the database it is being run against. The flag has to be set manually.

Jim

And the better ones will let you flag/unflag FTFs (and remember your setting in a database) manually to boot.

Hey goat13, Logiweave's program looks for user-defined keywords and any log that you've posted with the keywords is flagged as an FTF. The default for that program is FTF. If you say something like, "I was hoping to be the FTF, but I actually found it fourth..." the program would snag that and acount it. You can always change the keyword if you want to use something different.

Actually the GSAK macro looks for the FTF flag in the database it is being run against. The flag has to be set manually.

Isn't there also a macro to search through your logs for the characters "FTF" and set the flag for you?

Actually, isn't there a macro for just about anything in GSAK? :unsure:

Isn't there also a macro to search through your logs for the characters "FTF" and set the flag for you?

Actually, isn't there a macro for just about anything in GSAK? :blink:

Yeah there might be. I think there are few areas that are in need of a macro or two, but right now I can't think of any :unsure:

Jim

I've only come across 3 choices:

1. INATN - http://www.itsnotaboutthenumbers.com/

2. Cachestats - http://www.logicweave.com/cachestats.html

3. GSAK's FindStatGen macro http://www.gsak.net

4. GCStatistic - http://www.macdefender.org/products/GCStatistic/

http://www.mygeocachingprofile.com/

Here's one I just looked at yesterday. I really like it except it doesn't have the bar graph for every month year by year. I really like that feature. Otherwise it's got some cool stuff the others don't have.

Edited by hukilaulau