Adoption requests - How long?

Puppyluver

We initiated an adoption for one of our caches. The page with the form said it had been sent successfully, but no email has arrived in the mailbox of the person adopting the cache. How long does it usually take?

There's no human involvement, so it's usually instantaneous, give or take:

- possible outgoing e-mail delays at Geocaching.com

- having typed the right recipient username

- spam filters (aaargh).

Does the adoptor get an email? Don't know, never adopted one out. Check the cache page, there should be a system generated log for the adoption entered.

Jim

The person adopting the cache is sent an email with a link in it. They have to click the link to complete the adoption process. If they do not click the link, the cache transfer does not happen.

Ok here is the situation. Puupyluver is my daughter. She sent me a request to adopt one of her caches. She got an email confirming that along with a copy of what was supposedly sent to me. Everything in that email looks correct, including my user name. I never got the email though. When I go to the cache adoption page logged in as cheminerwill, and put in the cache number, I am told that "another user has been asked to adopt the cache". As my daughter initiated the adoption on her cache, and I have a copy of the email that was sent to her, I can not figure out why it is not working. I tried clicking the link in the email copy she received, but that works the same as going to adoption page directly.

I remember being asked to adopt a cache from another local cacher here and never getting that email either. I then went directly to the cache adoption page and entered the cache number and was told that another user had been asked. I just stopped at that point figuring the person had found someone else to adopt that cache. Now I am thinking that adoption had the same issue. Why would I not get the email? I get all other emails from geocaching.com. Why would it think someone other than me was asked to adopt the cache?

on edit: I sent an email to contact at geocaching.com asking for help on this. I am thinking something is amiss with my account.

Edited by Cheminer Will