geocaching activites for youth groups

A couple of us cachers are working with some teenage girls during their Girl Scout Day Camp this weekend and we need some new ideas for activities to use with them. They are not interested in earning the badge, just want to have fun. A scavenger hunt idea was suggested but I can't grasp any ideas of how to make it happen. We will have the girls for 40 minutes in the morning and then again 40 minutes in the afternoon. We have several gps units to use and will teach them the basics but we want more than to go hide a cache and then let the other group find it. We have a large area to work with. anyone have ideas?

A couple of us cachers are working with some teenage girls during their Girl Scout Day Camp this weekend and we need some new ideas for activities to use with them. They are not interested in earning the badge, just want to have fun. A scavenger hunt idea was suggested but I can't grasp any ideas of how to make it happen. We will have the girls for 40 minutes in the morning and then again 40 minutes in the afternoon. We have several gps units to use and will teach them the basics but we want more than to go hide a cache and then let the other group find it. We have a large area to work with. anyone have ideas?

I did an activity with my high school class. I hid 5 caches, each with a "clue". The clue was something like A=52. One cache contained envelopes that held the math problem they needed to complete to find the longitude/latitude for the final cache, which held a prize (bubblegum). What I would do with this time period is to spend the morning time teaching them how to use the GPS receivers and to find one cache together. Then, in the afternoon I would divide them into groups and have each group start at a different cache so that each group will have equal opportunity to find each cache. Turn them loose & enjoy watching them race to be first to the final cache. My students were so involved that they didn't even care in the end if they were first or not - they just wanted to find the caches!

well 4 easter we always get easter baskets and so i had to geocache 4 it this year so i had to find different plastic easter eggs with coordinates in them and geocache for my easter basket so maybe something like that except w/o the plastic eggs and something else....then at the end theres a bigger cache with something else in it