Turn geo-coin into necklace?

jtthjones

I have done that exact same thing with my meet & greet coin. I bought a keychain coin holder from geoswag.com and put my neckace on it. I got a lot of compliments when I wore it like that at the Midwest GeoBash.

<link to non-trackable items removed by moderator>

Edited by Eartha

There is a post on here somewhere that someone was making a really cool holder for coins. It was strands of metal that wrapped around the coin to form a holder around it and it looked great. If I find that post I will send it to you.

That sounds like DJ J Rock - he wire wraps coins and that would work nicely to make them into a necklace. Try contacting him; he might share his technique.

I earned a geo-coin from an event this weekend and want to make it into a necklace. I really don't want to drill a hole in it. Has any one seen anything to put the coin in/ go around the coin to make it into a necklace?? thanks

I have a pic on my website. Just go to the link and click on the Roulette Geocoin. It is the first picture to the left.

OTT Team

I believe it was Orobus (spelling???) who did the first wire wrapping, wasn't it?

Hi. I was just browsing the geocoiner address book and saw this comment in it. "I wirewrap geocoins. Check 'em out at http://0r0b0rus.blogspot.com - I am more a geocoin collector though I love geocaching. My geocoin lists are at geocoincollection.com." The spelling is very similar to what Eartha mentions so I immediately thought of Eartha's response here on this thread. Hope this helps the op. Have a great day everybody! :P

Edit to add: P.S. I think all the moderators do a great job but I just wanted to pass on a message to Eartha. That message is Y.A.S.S.! (You Are Somebody Special!). It's to bad you're not in the address book since I'd like to send a small gift your way. I understand from what I've read on the forum that you won't accept gifts. I understand that and respect it and so that's why I've gone off topic here to pass on my message to you. Have a great day! :D

Edited by Y.A.S.S.!

I believe it was Orobus (spelling???) who did the first wire wrapping, wasn't it?

yes it sure was!! But I havent seen any one really showcase his work as of late. I do a different type of wrap then what ive seen of his but both us showcase the coins very well IMO . if you like i will wrap a coin for a coin. :P you send me 2 coins and i keep one and wrapp the other and send it back,, when its done;) :D

if it is a certain size you can use the coin bezel for sale at coinsandpins.com

You can also ask a beadshop or craft shop for other options to wire wrapping - beaded frames/ purses and amulet holders of leather are an old fashioned way of wearing stones and talismans.

MN.jpg

here's some free patterns http://home.flash.net/~mjtafoya/mycabs/cablinks.htm I'm trying to make one for my glass turtles

One of my Maine Pirate coins was wire wrapped by Alan aka Oroborus. At the time, I had no knowledge of other folks who did this work. I was very satisfied and the terms were similar to what others offer.

TB28WY7 is a link to my trackable coin as a necklace and a small photo. If you would like a larger photo - email me through my profile.

Enjoy your coin!

Michigan Cacheman gave my daughter a geocoin. (Thanks!) She is 7 and she wants to wear it as a necklace. I thought it was a great idea. So does anyone wrap besides Vanilla Ice? :rolleyes:

I didn't know if the blogger page cacher was still active as that blog didn't seem to have much recently.

are you calling me vanilla ice???

Michigan Cacheman gave my daughter a geocoin. (Thanks!) She is 7 and she wants to wear it as a necklace. I thought it was a great idea. So does anyone wrap besides Vanilla Ice? :D

I didn't know if the blogger page cacher was still active as that blog didn't seem to have much recently.

are you calling me vanilla ice???

B)

No. Did you say that you did this? I thought that this thread talked about Orubus or something like that. Vanilla Ice raps though. If you do wrapping too then that is an unfortunate joke on my part huh? Nothing meant by it. B) Do you do wrapping?

I had a local cache that a few cachers didn't like. It was an easy cache but the hint was "I like cheese." (I always say that. It means nothing.) Of course at least one assumed that I said that because I expected trouble from this odd cache and wanted people to whine about it. I hadn't even thought of that.

I'm sorry if you posted earlier and your name is DJ. It was just an unfortunate stupid joke.

What's wrong with Vanilla Ice though? He rocks a mic like a vandal. Light up the stage he'll wax a chump like a candle!