Log Deletion Notification

Does anyone know if we still get emails when logs are deleted ? I've seen my find count go down and did not get an email so I don't know what could have happened.

I'm quite certain we do. I just had to delete an Earthcache log last week, and the deletee went all bonkers like deletee's often do when their logs are deleted. :P

Does anyone know if we still get emails when logs are deleted ? I've seen my find count go down and did not get an email so I don't know what could have happened.

I'm quite certain we do. I just had to delete an Earthcache log last week, and the deletee went all bonkers like deletee's often do when their logs are deleted. :P

TWU's hammer o' lameness log deletion tool hammer.gif

Nice to see that it still has a use now that ALRs are no longer allowed.

Try posting a Found It log on one of your own caches and then delete it, see if you get notified.

Actually you never did get notified for deleting your own logs, just if someone else did it for you. I've deleted hundred of my own logs, ( bug drops, etc.. )

I see your point, but I've never tried that with a cache that I was also the owner of.

One of my logs was deleted and I didn't get any notification. Since I write the cache# in every log, i could find the mising log. In my XLS-file I checked which cache it was. But I definetely did not get any notification as it was some months ago. I talked to a friend and she also didn't get a notification.

I have deleted a couple of logs over the past few years. All were because of a duplicate entry. I think it would be nice that when a cache owner does delete a log, there should be an area to leave a comment as to why, that is included in the notification. I normally email the individual and inform them, that duplicates add to the cache count which isn't a true representation of their finds. No one has complained yet...

I logged a DNF for a cache and when I did, I noticed there were no other DNFs for that particular cache. I was out with two fellow cachers and we were hunting for the cache at night which added to the difficulty of our eyeing the cache easily. I'm sure the cache is still there, but unless the person who hid it actually goes to the site to ensure it had not been muggled, I see no reason for him/her to delete my logs of DNFs just because they don't want to see those. This tells me which ones I have not found and allows me to possibly go back to that one and find it. I like to know which ones I have not found and read where I went wrong on finding it and maybe how I can change my looking strategy for that cache. It is also good for other cachers to see this is not just an easy P&G cache.

I logged a DNF for a cache and when I did, I noticed there were no other DNFs for that particular cache. I was out with two fellow cachers and we were hunting for the cache at night which added to the difficulty of our eyeing the cache easily. I'm sure the cache is still there, but unless the person who hid it actually goes to the site to ensure it had not been muggled, I see no reason for him/her to delete my logs of DNFs just because they don't want to see those. This tells me which ones I have not found and allows me to possibly go back to that one and find it. I like to know which ones I have not found and read where I went wrong on finding it and maybe how I can change my looking strategy for that cache. It is also good for other cachers to see this is not just an easy P&G cache.

If it hasn't been found in a while log a Needs Archive and in your log mention that your DNF was deleted. The CO can delete that log, but the deed has been done and the reviewers have the email.

Jim

A cache owner deleted a DNF log? Thats just ridiculous, IMHO.

A cache owner deleted a DNF log? Thats just ridiculous, IMHO.

Yep, pretty insane. A couple of years ago I had a DNF deleted by a cache owner who claimed they were asked to do so by TPTB at GS in order to keep the cache pages clean and reduce the load on the servers. This game attracts all types. :D