Wherigo with Nuvi 760?

ArtieD

Considering the screen and hardware I'd think the 7xx series could be firmware upgraded to add geocaching features, including a Wherigo player. I have a 750 and wouldn't mind adding that feature.

I do think Groundspeak needs to get on the stick to get the player into more hands.

I asked here about a Nuvi 500, 550, or 700-series. Took a while to get a partial answer....thanks to the cacher who helped though. The lack of Wherigo info is coming from the higher levels, the very ones who SHOULD be promoting it & expanding it. I was interested in trying it, even though there is only ONE Wherigo cache in this entire STATE. I haven't really saw any info on the 760, but supposedly the 500 can be made to work, & possibly the 550. If that's true, then there's no reason why a higher model SHOULDN'T have the ability....but I don't think it does.

Good info for the cachers who want to play with Wherigo is often hard to come by, depending upon what type of questions they need answered. The compatible hardware is terribly specific, or you just have to cobble together some type of home-made GPS/PDA/Laptop combo. After watching Wherigo developements for a while, I saw no real breakthrough appearing on the horizon to make it easier for cachers to participate in.

So I just ditched the entire idea & bought a Magellan Triton, which works perfectly for paperless geocaching. I may revisit the Wherigo idea in a year or so, if the promoters show interest in actually promoting it. With the affordability, popularity, & performance of the Nuvi's (I have two of those also), those would be the ideal candidate to concentrate Wherigo developement on.

As it is, I see no real fun in the Wherigo caching. Without working to make it that way, it'll never blossom into what it has the potential for.