Help with tracking my geocoin

Rush2play

I am a newbie geocacher. I have picked up a couple of geocoins and was quite excited. However, when I went to log my find on the geocoin page, I was able to "pull up" the correct coin using the tracking number. However, when I put the TBnumber on that page and wrote my comments, it says that it does not match. I have tried being case sensitive and not and logging on to that page using the TB number and the name of the geocoin, but it still says it doesn't match. What am I doing wrong???? I am using the TB number and not the GC number. Getting frustrated. :P

I am a newbie geocacher. I have picked up a couple of geocoins and was quite excited. However, when I went to log my find on the geocoin page, I was able to "pull up" the correct coin using the tracking number. However, when I put the TBnumber on that page and wrote my comments, it says that it does not match. I have tried being case sensitive and not and logging on to that page using the TB number and the name of the geocoin, but it still says it doesn't match. What am I doing wrong???? I am using the TB number and not the GC number. Getting frustrated. :P

If I put the number in the tracking sight then copy and paste it leaves a space at the beginning and that will create a does not match. Not sure if that is what is happening with you or not. I have been logging coins today and haven't had any problems.

You might also be havin' trouble because of numbers like zero which looks like an O (oh!), 8s sometimes look like Bs, Gs sometimes look like Cs.

Try some variations.

Hope that helps.

You need to use the tracking # that is on the coin. The TB # will get you to the coin's page but to log any kind of activity you need to enter the # off of the coin. This is so you can't log any kind of move without actually having the coin in hand.

OOPS- I dropped off the coin without logging it in first. This is the only number I have. I guess that whoever picks it up will put it back in the system. No harm done? Like I said, I am a newbie and still learning. But loving the geocaching!

OOPS- I dropped off the coin without logging it in first. This is the only number I have. I guess that whoever picks it up will put it back in the system. No harm done? Like I said, I am a newbie and still learning. But loving the geocaching!

With the TB# you can reach the coin page, click on the owner's name, and from their profile page click on Send Message and email them your story. I've frequently sent tracking numbers of coins to cachers who dropped off my coins before adequately copying the number off the coin. Then you can log your drop properly.