DeLorme Pages Change

You don't say....

I don't know why it didn't post the text of my post, here it is...

I noticed that Delorme came out with a new Utah Atlas, there are a different number of pages and the page boundaries are completely different... Now I saw Wyoming has all changed too...

What I'm wondering is has there been talk about what will happen with the delorme challenge caches? Do cachers need to use the new pages? the old pages? or either one? or is it just up to the challenge cache owner?

You don't say....

I don't know why it didn't post the text of my post, here it is...

I noticed that Delorme came out with a new Utah Atlas, there are a different number of pages and the page boundaries are completely different... Now I saw Wyoming has all changed too...

What I'm wondering is has there been talk about what will happen with the delorme challenge caches? Do cachers need to use the new pages? the old pages? or either one? or is it just up to the challenge cache owner?

I would say it is up to the cache owner. In the case of Washington Moun10bike allowed ones that started on the old maps to continue if they wish, ones starting after the new maps are bound by the new maps. Same thing happened in Oregon. I asked the cache owner on that one and he was willing to accept either one, at least that was a year ago. So I guess your going to have to ask the CO. It would be nice if they state their position on the cache page.

Jim

My challenge lists the specific version of the map. I have also provided the corner coordinates for each page as well, so people should have no problem with mine.

My challenge lists the specific version of the map. I have also provided the corner coordinates for each page as well, so people should have no problem with mine.

But what happens when Delorme changes the maps and you get different pages? Are you going to hold people to a map they can no longer get or allow them to use the new maps? But with a challenge that can be done in a day I guess it is no big deal.

Jim