Geowoodstock VII geocoins

LadeBear68

I've got two extras of the event coin. I have one of the regular and one volunteer for my collection.

I only bought one of the Midnight Madness event coins (not sure if there was a limit of one or not). So not an extra one of those to trade.

I did get a 2009 Lackey coin during GW VII from Shauna.

Volunteer front :

gw7volunteerfront.jpg

Edited by ~tasia~

What were the new geocoins that came out for Geowoodstock VII?

Aside from the event coin (and that I saw/can remember)...

GeocoinStore had a really cool Railroad Tracks (Birthplace of the american railroad) & Freestyle Caching (coin with geofish on it).

Cache Addict - ultra LEs in the Morpho Butterfly, Cache Attributes & Discover the World as well as the Mondo personal coin. Also had the GeoMonkeys in the 4 geo-colors.

Oakcoins - 2 event only Medusa, new Get the Necessities coin and maybe some others. Also a GW7 3 Days of Peace & Caching coin FREE if you were spotted wearing an Oakcoins Tshirt. The coin is really cool. It has the Dove perched on an oak leaf (rather than a guitar), lol.

Team Delorme handed out the new version Eartha coins when you talked to them at their booth. They also had the Team Delorme coin available for trades.

Landsharkz had GW7 Guitars and a GW7 Beaverdude.

SouthernCal Geocoins had a bunch of various Grateful Dead-themed coins. (Note: I didn't even see them all, but traded for the non-trackable Stars & GPS Dancing Bear).

Hogwild had a .5% version of the Have You Seen Me? coin. It's green.

There was probably more, but that's all I can remember.

Wow, thanks for the post AtlantaGal.

You're welcome. It was sad not to see you this year.

Like I said, there are probably more. I know there were some personals for trade... like Joe Friday's police badge coin, landsharks personal and others. I'm practically brain dead at this point from lack of sleep :P

I'll chime in best I can to tack on :D

Oakcoins also sold the Gold LE GW7 Hippie Bus there. That was new.

Geocoinstore also had two new coins in the Harmony series, Optimism and Serenity. Designed by Mackey. As well as a new coin Save the Ammo Cans, Stop the Micro Invasion

Coins and Pins had XLEs of the Nocturnal, in Shiny Silver Blue and Shiny Gold Red

Geocoinclub debuted their 2009 Geocoin Poker Challenge Chips (congrats BootyBuddies) :P

Pathtags.com had a freebie event only Tennessee pathtag

Best I gots. I need to rest first :rolleyes:

TMA

Like I said, there are probably more. I know there were some personals for trade... like Joe Friday's police badge coin, landsharks personal and others. I'm practically brain dead at this point from lack of sleep :P

Joe Friday got his badge done!?!?! He was barely Making it last i talked to him,,, did cache addict make it for him?? was it nice? :D

I don't have any pictures but I DO have five extras. :rolleyes:

CF30

And a very, very short seeking list! :D

Any requests?

Sorry, geocoincollection.com shut down my lists because they are not accepting new accounts or renewing old ones during their.... whatever it is they are doing. :P I'm working on my own site but it's a lot of work. I will fill in my seeking page when I get home. Meanwhile, make an offer. :)

CF30

Joe Friday got his badge done!?!?! He was barely Making it last i talked to him,,, did cache addict make it for him?? was it nice? :D

Joe Friday's badge looks FANTASTIC! I just love it. And yes, Cache Addict did it for him. What a great job!

I'm looking for the coin sold at the Midnight Madness event. Anyone have one for trade or purchase? Email me for my traders list. Thanks!

I too am seeking the Midnight Madness Event coin. I got stuck in a corner all by myself - pretty much - all evening and even tho we were right on time we were an hour late... :D so I never had the chance to mingle much and see what others were offering or anything. :rolleyes: So I missed out on a lot in including buying this coin. Could some one take pity on me & help me out, please? Pretty please?? :P

CF30

I'm looking for the coin sold at the Midnight Madness event. Anyone have one for trade or purchase? Email me for my traders list. Thanks!

I too am seeking the Midnight Madness Event coin. I got stuck in a corner all by myself - pretty much - all evening and even tho we were right on time we were an hour late... :) so I never had the chance to mingle much and see what others were offering or anything. :D So I missed out on a lot in including buying this coin. Could some one take pity on me & help me out, please? Pretty please?? :D

CF30

That is Not even fair about Not being able to mingle. I went to the geocoin event last year and we too went overflowing. I guess we coiners are always getting underestimated :rolleyes::P

I too am seeking the Midnight Madness Event coin. I got stuck in a corner all by myself - pretty much - all evening and even tho we were right on time we were an hour late... :D so I never had the chance to mingle much and see what others were offering or anything. :rolleyes: So I missed out on a lot in including buying this coin. Could some one take pity on me & help me out, please? Pretty please?? :P

CF30

Yes! Email me since I have no clue what extra coins you have :)

I too am seeking the Midnight Madness Event coin. I got stuck in a corner all by myself - pretty much - all evening and even tho we were right on time we were an hour late... :) so I never had the chance to mingle much and see what others were offering or anything. :D So I missed out on a lot in including buying this coin. Could some one take pity on me & help me out, please? Pretty please?? :D

CF30

That is Not even fair about Not being able to mingle. I went to the geocoin event last year and we too went overflowing. I guess we coiners are always getting underestimated :rolleyes::P

The attendance wasn't underestimated by any means. We were just psyched to find a 475 person capacity room for FREE when plannig the event. This wasn't something the organizers had any funds to reserve space for. And too be honest, we also figured the non-coiners would just come for a little while just to get the smilie and then leave. I knew ahead of time we'd max the room capacity out and warned the hotel staff. Only thing that wasn't anticipated was that people wouldn't use the hotel parking lot to park. There was plenty of parking available behind the hotel where I parked, even at the peak when the fire marshall announcement was made.

CF30

I know what you mean about not being able to mingle...we pretty much stuck in one place too. I ventured away from my spot once to pick up an event coin, and once to find my older daughter. The good news is...I still have plenty of dragon eye coins to trade at MWGB!

The coin event was fantastic. There was a little period of time, where you couldn't move around at all, but I stuck around figuring that alot of the non-coiners would leave. Once they did, it was easy getting around the room. I'm pretty sure we stayed until midnight, and I'm not one who usually stays up that late! LOL

Great job to the organizers!

Team Delorme handed out the new version Eartha coins when you talked to them at their booth. They also had the Team Delorme coin available for trades.

NEW version? I haven't heard of or seen this.

Anybody got a pic?

Don't have a pic, but I have a coin!!

NEW version? I haven't heard of or seen this.

Anybody got a pic?

Don't have a pic, but I have a coin!!

Easy to visualize. Think really snazzy 3D copper spinning Earth coin. Squish it flat, shrink it to 1.5-1.75" diameter, and make it a bit plainer looking. There you go, you've got it now :P They also had a team personal coin, that was a regular round 2D 1.5-1.75" coin.

TMA

Snip....

"....... The good news is...I still have plenty of dragon eye coins to trade at MWGB!

This was a coin I would have loved to have seen during the event, sorry I missed it ... :laughing:

Me too. :D Refer back to my post about being stuck in a corner... :D

CF30

Here's pics...next opportunity to trade will be at MWGB (this coin is for face-to-face trades only).

DD-eye.jpg

We also brought our die from our first coin to the event...that will probably be making the trip to MWGB too (so those that are interested can check it out).

Edited by DresselDragons

I hate that I missed most of the GW event and the coin event afterwards. I was at GW7, but spent virtually all my time in the first aid booth with my sick girlfriend, then 12 hours in ER when it was confirmed by another friend that she needed to be in the hospital (My girlfriend did NOT want to leave). Never got around to see all the vendors, but I did come away with a 2000 finds coin and pin set that Aaron of Coins and Pins walked up and presented me with.

I want to again give my thanks to those who helped me with my girlfriend at the first aid booth and while I went to get the jeep. Always great to have a bunch of people around that you can count on when you are having some trouble.

Like I said, there are probably more. I know there were some personals for trade... like Joe Friday's police badge coin, landsharks personal and others. I'm practically brain dead at this point from lack of sleep :D

Joe Friday got his badge done!?!?! He was barely Making it last i talked to him,,, did cache addict make it for him?? was it nice? :cool:

Joe Friday's badge looks FANTASTIC! I just love it. And yes, Cache Addict did it for him. What a great job!

I second that! It's a sharp looking personal. ;)

I did way more talking than trading, it was great to finally meet Gridlox, Tethys C, Zazath, Furbat, Prntr1 (eartha), Landsharkz, RSFish1, 4adamfam, prince shoko, fellyfish, turtle toes and so many other non-coiners.

I expected the Midnight Madness coin event to be... well, madness! :laughing: What would you expect with 600 coiners? :D It was like an instant geocoinfest!

Managed to buy or trade for:

Jellyfish

morpho butterfly LE set

pathtag sherpa silver

name tag red

name tag blue

mackey's latest designs (the rail road coin is amazing!) ~ i didn't get one, but I want it!

2 medusa versions

gold hippy bus

Eat, Sleep, Cache coin

Oakcoins had by far the coolest geocaching t-shirt I have seen in a while! And if you were 'spotted' wearing one you got a free exclusive coin! I HOPE they make more of them in blue, orange and maybe brown!

nocturnal red and nocturnal blue

Tethy's C trilobite two-tone

and my favorite:

BlueMotMot's new Personal!

I was also able to trade for\purchase some oldies (sorry Pete):

Waypoint15

Dhobby1 v1

Wandering Dragon ~ Woot! :cool::cool::cool: (the only old coin I haven't owned!)

Bucksnort

Team Fisur

So all in all, an amazing weekend! See y'all in Seattle! :cool: (the new home of Pirates of Harriman!)

PS- If anyone is looking for a Midnight Geocoin Madness geocoin shoot me an email, I think I have a couple leftover.

Like I said, there are probably more. I know there were some personals for trade... like Joe Friday's police badge coin, landsharks personal and others. I'm practically brain dead at this point from lack of sleep :D

Joe Friday got his badge done!?!?! He was barely Making it last i talked to him,,, did cache addict make it for him?? was it nice? :cool:

I second that! It's a sharp looking personal. ;)

I did way more talking than trading, it was great to finally meet Gridlox, Tethys C, Zazath, Furbat, Prntr1 (eartha), Landsharkz, RSFish1, 4adamfam, prince shoko, fellyfish, turtle toes and so many other non-coiners.

I expected the Midnight Madness coin event to be... well, madness! :laughing: What would you expect with 600 coiners? :D It was like an instant geocoinfest!

Managed to buy or trade for:

Jellyfish

morpho butterfly LE set

pathtag sherpa silver

name tag red

name tag blue

mackey's latest designs (the rail road coin is amazing!) ~ i didn't get one, but I want it!

2 medusa versions

gold hippy bus

Eat, Sleep, Cache coin

Oakcoins had by far the coolest geocaching t-shirt I have seen in a while! And if you were 'spotted' wearing one you got a free exclusive coin! I HOPE they make more of them in blue, orange and maybe brown!

nocturnal red and nocturnal blue

Tethy's C trilobite two-tone

and my favorite:

BlueMotMot's new Personal!

I was also able to trade for\purchase some oldies (sorry Pete):

Waypoint15

Dhobby1 v1

Wandering Dragon ~ Woot! :cool::cool::cool: (the only old coin I haven't owned!)

Bucksnort

Team Fisur

So all in all, an amazing weekend! See y'all in Seattle! :cool: (the new home of Pirates of Harriman!)

PS- If anyone is looking for a Midnight Geocoin Madness geocoin shoot me an email, I think I have a couple leftover.

Edit to add the most important part: email sent!

Edited by Trick or Treat

I know what you mean about not being able to mingle...we pretty much stuck in one place too. I ventured away from my spot once to pick up an event coin, and once to find my older daughter. The good news is...I still have plenty of dragon eye coins to trade at MWGB!

I REALLY hope I see you at the MWGB then, I would love to get my hands on one of your personals!!!