GeoWoodstock VIII

COWWS

Geocoin Midnight Madness will be on the evening of Geowoodstock:

Where: Downtown Redmond Mariott, 7401 164th Avenue NE, Redmond, WA 98052

Wouldn't miss it. Glad I was FTF on last year's event. ;);)

Well if Snoogans is going to be there I will HAVE to attend. You don't get many chances to meet legends.cool cachers from other parts of the country/world. :D Although it is like 1.5 miles from my house so I should consider some travel plans. :D

I have the sneaking suspicion THIS is the year I finally get myself up to the Percific Norfwest and that means seeing somma youse muggs. :)

What's this Geocoin Midnight Madness?

22 more days to register for Geowoodstock VIII at the lower price!!! Prices go up on April 1st! Hurry and register at www.geowoodstock.com!!!

Hi! So we are a family of four that go under the geocaching name of burgessfour, but there will probably be 2 adults and just one child (12 years old) at the event. Do we all register under the same GC name or do we all pay seperate? If we all pay seperate are there child prices?

Thanks!

Shari of burgessfour

22 more days to register for Geowoodstock VIII at the lower price!!! Prices go up on April 1st! Hurry and register at www.geowoodstock.com!!!

Hi! So we are a family of four that go under the geocaching name of burgessfour, but there will probably be 2 adults and just one child (12 years old) at the event. Do we all register under the same GC name or do we all pay seperate? If we all pay seperate are there child prices?

Thanks!

Shari of burgessfour

Hi Shari,

Just go to www.geowoodstock.com and register for the site. Once you are done there, go to Event Registration. This is where you would choose your registration levels. Once you decide which level you want to be at, include your name and geocaching name for your badge, then click add to cart. Then go back and choose another registration level for the other adult and child. Once done, then click on checkout and here you can either pay through paypal or by money order!

Joey

CoreyNJoey

Thanks!

Shari of burgessfour

Hi Shari,

Just go to www.geowoodstock.com and register for the site. Once you are done there, go to Event Registration. This is where you would choose your registration levels. Once you decide which level you want to be at, include your name and geocaching name for your badge, then click add to cart. Then go back and choose another registration level for the other adult and child. Once done, then click on checkout and here you can either pay through paypal or by money order!

Joey

CoreyNJoey

Thank you, I will go check it out :P

I didn't notice anything about child prices. I am assuming that caching families may order 1 or 2 of the bigger packages (t-shirt/coin, etc) for the adults and then just the straight $10 entry for the younger cachers.

Any chance we can get a sneak peek at the t-shirt or coin design? That will certainly determine whether or not I will upgrade for the rest of my trio. ;)

Thanks!

I believe that registration prices go up.

Groundspeak HQ is also hosting an event July 4th!

Lost and Found Celebration!

And WSGA will be hosting an APE cache event on Friday, July 2, before the evening Meet-n-Greet, and Fireworks 4th events on Sunday, July 4, and possibly some "On the Road" events on Thursday, July 1. (Not posted yet.) So you could plan your GW8 weekend:

Thursday - On the Road to GW event

Friday - Ape cache, Meet-n-Greet

Saturday - GeoWoodstock!, Midnight Coin Madness

Sunday - Groundspeak event, Fireworks 4th event

Plus there will be lots of other stuff happening, too! Whee!

We are registered!! Can't wait to go! I just logged all my "will attends" for the other events that are being planned around the main event. Is anyone else doing the APE cache hike event?

I'm doing the event, but the hike I'll take either before or after the event. Standing in line for half an hour to sign a log book is not my idea of fun when it comes to this particular cache.

We are registered!! Can't wait to go! I just logged all my "will attends" for the other events that are being planned around the main event. Is anyone else doing the APE cache hike event?

I'm doing the event, but the hike I'll take either before or after the event. Standing in line for half an hour to sign a log book is not my idea of fun when it comes to this particular cache.

Truer than you know! We estimated 200-250 folks for the Going APE hike, and we have 400! We will be closing registration this weekend, 10 days early, as we have reached capacity. It should be quite the conga line in the morning en route to the cache, until the crowd thins out a bit. We encourage everyone to carpool to the Hyak venue, as parking will be at a premium, and if you don't HAVE to be on the first buses - don't be! There will be plenty of time and buses for everyone to reach the cache, and those going out a bit later are likely to have a less crowded experience.

Everyone is, of course, still welcome to visit us at Hyak for the meet-n-greet portion of the event. Look forward to seeing you all! :blink:

Truer than you know! We estimated 200-250 folks for the Going APE hike, and we have 400! We will be closing registration this weekend, 10 days early, as we have reached capacity. It should be quite the conga line in the morning en route to the cache, until the crowd thins out a bit. We encourage everyone to carpool to the Hyak venue, as parking will be at a premium, and if you don't HAVE to be on the first buses - don't be! There will be plenty of time and buses for everyone to reach the cache, and those going out a bit later are likely to have a less crowded experience.

Everyone is, of course, still welcome to visit us at Hyak for the meet-n-greet portion of the event. Look forward to seeing you all! :laughing:

Poo, and I was going to pay after I got paid on the 15th... :*( So much for that. I'll see if I can do it earlier.

Poo, and I was going to pay after I got paid on the 15th... :*( So much for that. I'll see if I can do it earlier.

Sorry 'bout that. Registration for the Going APE event has been open since May 2, which is six weeks, and the event page said we would close it early if we reached capacity. Early birds get the ape! :laughing:

This is probably too soon to ask but I figure it's worth a shot: Does anyone know where next year's is going to be held? I'd love to volunteer, if possible. :laughing:

I'm super excited, this is my first GW, and my first year of geocaching. Coincidentally, this will be my first visit to Washington, as well as my first "official" college campus visit (yikes). A year of firsts! :laughing:

Going to see Udub on the 2nd, Woodstock on the third, Lost and Found on the 4th, and Seattle on the 5th and 6th. Any recommendations on stuff to do on the 12 hour drive? I don't know if Dad will let us stop for geocaches along the way (we're leaving at 6 am in order to arrive hopefully before 8 pm) but if there's anything interesting that we can do to prepare for the events please let me know!

This is probably too soon to ask but I figure it's worth a shot: Does anyone know where next year's is going to be held? I'd love to volunteer, if possible. :laughing:

The next venue is announced at the end of the current GW, so we'll find out around 5 pm on July 3. It's a tightly held secret till then.

Good luck on your UW visit - go Huskies!

Bummer! I'm all signed up and can't go!

My 2000 Dodge Durango was giving me grief and I was tired of repair bills, so I traded it for a fire-engine-red '09 Chevrolet HHR LT2. I got home, my wife saw it and said "Mine! Mine!" and promptly confiscated it, so I had to take her 2001 VW Beetle and trade it for a car for myself... another '09 HHR LT2 exactly like it but black!

I think the HHR stands for His 'n Her Rides, she says it stands for Her Highnesses Ride! :D

Regardless, going from no car payment to two means no GW for me. ;)

Bummer! I'm all signed up and can't go!

My 2000 Dodge Durango was giving me grief and I was tired of repair bills, so I traded it for a fire-engine-red '09 Chevrolet HHR LT2. I got home, my wife saw it and said "Mine! Mine!" and promptly confiscated it, so I had to take her 2001 VW Beetle and trade it for a car for myself... another '09 HHR LT2 exactly like it but black!

I think the HHR stands for His 'n Her Rides, she says it stands for Her Highnesses Ride! :D

Regardless, going from no car payment to two means no GW for me. ;)

Oh no!!!! I'm happy for you carwise, but sorry for you GW-wise. We're actually thinking of getting another vehicle ourselves, but it's definitely waiting until after GW.

Sorry 'bout that. Registration for the Going APE event has been open since May 2, which is six weeks, and the event page said we would close it early if we reached capacity. Early birds get the ape! :D

No need to be sorry, it's really okay. We've been travelling so much in the last few weeks preparing for a wedding our budget is pretty small right now, so that's why I was waiting for this next paycheck. But no worries. We did get our parking pass though, so we'll come up and do the hike and the cache and come to the free part of the event.

I'm glad you got so much interest in your event! Too cool.